Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at delivery dates of September, wondering if I shd buy a X3 M40i instead, a dealer ready to dish out a good deal
You gotta decide what’s right for you. I’ve loved my X3 and it’s never given me a day’s trouble. I love BMW in general and their service is fantastic but personally, I can’t imagine going back to an ICE vehicle anymore.

Buy an inventory car and be flexible on specs
I’m flexible on some things, but “existence” is one on which I will not budge.
52DFE313-265B-488E-B30A-E5542E7758C3.jpeg

or enjoy a Mach E. My biggest concern with the E is range and software. I don’t trust Ford to update the software the way Tesla does.
Range seems pretty good from the reviews that are out there (it beat a 2020 MYLR by a couple of miles in one video I watched), but the fast charging network remains a concern, for the 1-2 times a year I might use it. I don’t think Ford will do multiple updates in a week like Tesla does either, but they’ve had a few bug-fix releases, which is more than any car I’ve owned to date.

I’ll repeat that I definitely preferred the Model Y, but the fact remains that inventory and order availability is no longer a strong selling point of the Tesla over Ford/VW/Volvo competitors. Maybe Tesla will deliver within the estimate that they displayed on the day I ordered. Maybe the guy at the Ford dealership will call me and say that an AWD extended-battery Mach-E showed up on the lot. Neither seems particularly likely.

I'm curious as to when the customer gets a delivery date relative to the car leaving the factory. I saw several car carriers full of Model 3s and Ys on the freeway yesterday. Do those customers already have delivery dates, or do they not get them until the cars arrive at the delivery centers?
I got a vin on a Saturday morning, and my center called me to setup delivery for the following Saturday, as that is when they expected the car to be in by. I called that following Friday to make sure it was coming and they said well it is in Chicago but should be here. They called me Saturday at 10am saying it just arrived and I was still good for my 2pm pickup. A lot depends on where you are too. I have a friend last quarter who ordered in LA at 8am and got his car same day.

Reactions: BitJam and und2000
A bit redundant at this point but I'm a 5/10 order, had no dates to June dates to July-August and now September. Guessing it will change tomorrow, who knows!

I did stop by the St, Paul - Maplewood location and they were delivering a few cars, lot is mostly empty now where it was full a few weeks ago. A trailer full of MY arrived during my short visit, so that was cool!

Reactions: dsandhu and BitJam