Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious as to when the customer gets a delivery date relative to the car leaving the factory. I saw several car carriers full of Model 3s and Ys on the freeway yesterday. Do those customers already have delivery dates, or do they not get them until the cars arrive at the delivery centers?
delivery dates are produced soon after order time, might be super vague 2-10 weeks, and get refined over time. for example my EDD is 6/17-6/23, car is finally in transit to the local SC today but i've had that EDD pretty much since my order on 5/31.

I think this is the most accurate way of analyzing the situations from outside. We all should definitely revisit the page for corrections over the weekend. Supply chain if issue...then basically people who order in June/July may not see their cars until end of the year and demand will be through the roof to a point where we will see the QC issues cropping up again
the logic makes sense but I really hope you're wrong LOL... hopefully it's just a glitch or they're getting ready to switch to domestic production and planning which vins go to which configs... no way to know how Elon's brain works

• Funny
Reactions: 1cruise@atime
I had a remarkably stable EDD of July 19-Aug 8 and also saw it moving to September this morning. Ugh. am hoping this does mean movement on Tesla's end...I talked with my SA yesterday and they did not think the car was in production yet, so maybe having a bunch of us go to Sep means they are at least planning the production run and getting ready to soft match to a VIN, even if we don't see it on our end? a girl can hope...

since I can't do a signature yet: MY blue/black/5 seat/19 tire/tow ordered 5/15, profile completed 5/17, initial EDD 4-11 weeks, then 7/19-8/8, now "September".
We have the exact same configuration but I ordered on 5/18

delivery dates are produced soon after order time, might be super vague 2-10 weeks, and get refined over time. for example my EDD is 6/17-6/23, car is finally in transit to the local SC today but i've had that EDD pretty much since my order on 5/31.
I had the delivery window as well of 6/16-6/25 then it moved to 6/17-6/25 if I remember correctly although I’m a MYP which seem to be turning around faster?!? Today it changed to 1-10 weeks.

Yesterday I saw ten Model Y demo cars in the Denver area. One was close to what I wanted so I pressed the button that asked them to call me about it. Now none of the cars are available but I got the call back. They sent me a text asking if I would accept a demo car and the specs I would accept. I answered "yes" of course.

They say they will keep an eye out for demo cars and call me. They also said I could look and send them a text reply if I see one I like. They said they are expecting many more demo cars to show up soon. One weird thing is they kept saying I should text them the VIN of a car I see that I like but, of course, the VINs are not put on the web site so I won't be able to send it to them. Like many others have reported, I was told that they can easily remove FSD.

I was planning to have the new car I ordered delivered to my house (for $750) from Colorado Springs. My biggest concern was if they would not be able to deliver a demo vehicle or wouldn't be able to deliver a vehicle from Denver. But the advisor told me this wouldn't be a problem. I'm very excited!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but IMO, for my situation, a low mileage demo car would be better than a new car due to the bathtub curve. I imagine any fit and finish problems the demo car may have had would already have been fixed by the SC.

I'm very excited!

Mine also moved to September. Ordered LR/MSM/Tow/7 seats on 6/3. I had EDD 9-13 weeks, last week changed to 6/23-6/30, then 8/4-8/23 and now is September. I asked via text and was told that they run out of cars in the area (Baltimore), but they are getting hundreds of cars in the next couple of weeks. My guess is that as local inventory increases you will see your dates get closer, as they decrease EDD will change and when all local cars are allocated, they change the EDD to the default date (currently September for LR). You may get lucky and get a match to an unallocated car in another SC and get the blue button.

I think we are all in this boat now:

5dd740.jpeg

I'm almost tempted to place a "backup order" for my second choice, a M3P black/ black and just wait and see which I get first and cancel the other. Based on the site, the M3P estimated delivery timeline is still 1-11 weeks.
Reply to the text you received after placing the order with your backup configuration. They will add the second choice to your account and keep teh same place in the line.

Reactions: ajs847
That would make sense. Especially since if you look in the code, the "Estimated delivery: September" bit is an override and doesn't follow their normal UI code. I'd imagine they do that as a place holder when their system can't actually produce a date.

View attachment 673617
My EDD of June 15 - June 30 is coded the same way...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 10.08.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 10.08.32 AM.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 51
But if I’m OK with silver paint and RWD, I can drive 7 miles away and buy a Mach-E today. I can’t do that with a Model Y in any configuration.

I do want a Model Y, but I also want one in the advertised specs and timeline from when I ordered. 14-18 weeks is not 4-8 weeks.
Buy an inventory car and be flexible on specs or enjoy a Mach E. My biggest concern with the E is range and software. I don’t trust Ford to update the software the way Tesla does.

Reactions: Gor-Gor
I ordered my model Y on ~May 30th and it had an estimated delivery of June 23-30th until this morning when it jumped to October. Did anyone experience this? It is bittersweet because I want the car, but I'm thinking I'll have better chances of getting the new batteries or the front and rear castings now that it has a few more months.
Update: I got my VIN yesterday and the the delivery time is now June 26 -30th! 17 days from order to VIN not too bad.