Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SA just confirmed my car is in transit, delivery to local SC 6/20 and expected delivery to me should be 6/23 or 6/24. They in-fact offered to setup my delivery appointment if I call them on 6/18 to avoid any issues with texts since I'll be enjoying the Smoky Mountains 6/19-6/22. Hopefully it all works out.
I just bugged my SA again but he's home already. He's going to check and see if its made it on a truck yet. Hopefully it has and I'll get it on time! We have a camping trip planned for the 4th and I really wanted to pull a camper behind it!

Looks like my delivery is postponed to next week. Anyone else has been in this situation? I’m extremely annoyed, specially because I’ve been telling that I’m very close to my due date and I don’t want a contactless delivery at my house or the car delivered to the hospital.

Has anyone here dealt with the Plano, TX SC?

Reactions: moe0059 and BitJam
So I just had my EDD updated to 6/19 - 6/25 shortly after adding my insurance info today.
Has anyone called Tesla to get an estimate of where their car is and when to schedule delivery? Would be awesome if it was 6/19

so I just called Tesla, she was able to look up the VIN and she says it’s in Fremont and is expected to arrive at the SC here on 6/22. So I assume 6/22 could be pickup, or depending on when it arrives there maybe 6/23. Which kinda sucks considering I have 2 meetings in the afternoon

I’m flexible on some things, but “existence” is one on which I will not budge.View attachment 673638

Range seems pretty good from the reviews that are out there (it beat a 2020 MYLR by a couple of miles in one video I watched), but the fast charging network remains a concern, for the 1-2 times a year I might use it. I don’t think Ford will do multiple updates in a week like Tesla does either, but they’ve had a few bug-fix releases, which is more than any car I’ve owned to date.

I’ll repeat that I definitely preferred the Model Y, but the fact remains that inventory and order availability is no longer a strong selling point of the Tesla over Ford/VW/Volvo competitors. Maybe Tesla will deliver within the estimate that they displayed on the day I ordered. Maybe the guy at the Ford dealership will call me and say that an AWD extended-battery Mach-E showed up on the lot. Neither seems particularly likely.
I hear you. I’d try EV-Tsla.com not the Tesla site. There are only 8 right now though.

Hopefully, in the near future, it won’t be a Tesla or (almost) nothing EV decision and some legit competitors will rise up.

I got my first S in 2013 and while service has always been great, Tesla has always been terrible with over promising on delivery and pre delivery communication. Nevertheless, I didn’t hesitate to order a refreshed X and Y not only because I’ve no choice, but also because I so enjoy the way it drives and handles and the minimalist interior.

Anyone have experience or know what/if any type of issues Tesla will address on demo cars? I happened to find a demo MYP on inventory today and decide to order it too. It happens to be at the mall location half a mile away from me. It looked great with exception of a little curb crash on one wheel and a small scuff on the spoiler. Says it had 353 miles. I didn’t have a chance to ask anyone at the store inside since I was short on time.

Ordered May 14th and picked up last Thursday at the Atlanta Roswell SC. No issues with the car whatsoever and pickup was fairly straightforward and quick. I originally was reading w Tesla but the CarMax deal worked better so that was taken care of.

MYLR - White/Black/20”/5 seat/No FSD or Hitch
2B566B1C-163F-4091-936A-30C58DAB9B3E.jpeg
62A0C823-1AC0-44D1-B933-D92769461CF2.jpeg

Depends on what state you live in... There are 12 states, where due to state laws, you can show proof of insurance for a different car on your policy.
Although the Tesla website lists 12 states, I learned after my local virtual Tesla orientation last night that in fact PA should also be on that list. Someone requested they tell corporate to update the website.

Attachments

• 06ED2C0C-6484-4115-AB16-0AEEE40624D7.jpeg
    06ED2C0C-6484-4115-AB16-0AEEE40624D7.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 51
Ordered May 14th and picked up last Thursday at the Atlanta Roswell SC. No issues with the car whatsoever and pickup was fairly straightforward and quick. I originally was reading w Tesla but the CarMax deal worked better so that was taken care of.

View attachment 673799View attachment 673800
how come it doesn't have the "DUAL MOTOR" decal on it?

View attachment 673799View attachment 673800

Isnt this a P? haha and already got the tints on too. Looks great!

how come it doesn't have the "DUAL MOTOR" decal on it?

debadged

Anyone else playing demo Model Y refresh bingo? This is probably more productive than playing the EDD refresh lottery. Currently there are 8 (now 9) Model Ys on ev-tsla.com but none in my area. Cars seem to come and go quickly. I saw one in my area on the Tesla site and a few seconds later it was gone. Last night there were 10 in my area but by the morning they were all gone.

Last edited:
Anyone else playing demo Model Y refresh bingo? This is probably more productive than playing the EDD refresh lottery. Currently there are 8 (now 9) Model Ys on ev-tesla.com but none in my area. Cars seem to come and go quickly. I saw one in my area on the Tesla site and a few seconds later it was gone. Last night there were 10 in my area but by the morning they were all gone.
Can you still get rid of FSD on those?

Anyone else playing demo Model Y refresh bingo? This is probably more productive than playing the EDD refresh lottery. Currently there are 8 (now 9) Model Ys on ev-tesla.com but none in my area. Cars seem to come and go quickly. I saw one in my area on the Tesla site and a few seconds later it was gone. Last night there were 10 in my area but by the morning they were all gone.
Model Y Refresh Bingo is basically a PT job for me right now. lol

Reactions: Braveman and BitJam
My first delivery was moved then cancelled. No idea what happened to that car.

Second one from inventory got stuck in containment “hell” and, again, my delivery date kept getting pushed back. Most on here know that story. Not good.

Third delivery, third different car, delivery set for this Saturday and I’ve been told it left Fremont and is on a transporter with a bunch of Ys and will arrive mid/end of week.

My original custom order was EDD mid June, then 7/6-7/17, then 7/22-8/6 now blank. I don’t really care at this point as I hope this third inventory is the charm.

I will believe it when my butt is in the seat of my car. Until then, I believe nothing they tell me.

Point is, I want everyone to get excited for delivery, but be measured, because info is scarce, inaccurate and dependent on third party transporters who take the long way or never pick up the car or…We will ALL get our Ys at some point, but don’t trust the info they tell you. The fact is, they don’t know with any certainty until the car shows up and they inspect it.