Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gratz!! 🎉

Now the really excruciating wait begins... lol
Truly IS. I knew my car was arriving on 6/22 at the SC.. but I called the SC today and they said, likely they'll receive it 6/23 and it takes about 12 hours to prep (what?) and then I'd be looking at the 24-28th..... but i already have an appointment for PPF install on the 25th.. so I'm hoping its not anytime after the 24th...

Earlier today you may have received an email from Tesla labeled "Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment." Please disregard this email as it was sent in error. You will be able to submit final payment once your VIN is assigned and final agreements are available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to get you behind the wheel of your Tesla as soon as possible. We will contact you with next steps as soon as you have been assigned a VIN.

Best regards,

Tesla Order Support

You can hit cancel on the plaid screen, the next screen will show account & routing boxes for you to simply enter your bank info to do a wire transfer.
Wow! That sounds great but it doesn't seem to work here. When I click on the "Add Bank Account and Pay" button I get a Plaid popup. It starts with "Tesla uses Plaid to link to your bank account" and ends with "By selecting 'Get started' you agree to the Plaid End User Privacy Policy". When I close the popup then I'm back at the original screen.

Wow! That sounds great but it doesn't seem to work here. When I click on the "Add Bank Account and Pay" button I get a Plaid popup. It starts with "Tesla uses Plaid to link to your bank account" and ends with "By selecting 'Get started' you agree to the Plaid End User Privacy Policy". When I close the popup then I'm back at the original screen.
It works. Hit get started on the plaid screen, when list of banks show up click cancel. Then a new screen will show up with one of the options saying “enter details manually”. I just tried it on my account page to confirm it still works.

1624083269098.png

Reactions: BitJam
If you are ready to make the final payment without inspecting your car I can send you my Venmo details to transfer over the money 🤠
If that's a process I would definitely pay ahead and get everything setup for delivery, if I see any flaw I would definitely report it right away, it's their responsibility to fix it, I don't think paying ahead or later matters here, we need it anyway

Reactions: dsandhu
There’s definitely a long way to go, but darn if it wasn’t super cool to see it “think” and make the right decisions.

Long AP post for a delivery thread, but wanted to counterbalance some of the negative FSD feedback.

What’s your software version? I’m on one below the latest and so far the latest update hasn’t kicked in yet, been home most of the day today on solid Wi-Fi (umm yesterday technically).

If that's a process I would definitely pay ahead and get everything setup for delivery, if I see any flaw I would definitely report it right away, it's their responsibility to fix it, I don't think paying ahead or later matters here, we need it anyway

After inspection the customer has to sign off on it anyway, so if something is wrong you can still refuse it, even if you’re all paid up. Only possible negative then is that they have your money while you wait for the replacement. But it’s not a big deal; buyer already has that money allocated for their purchase.

I ordered a model Y from existing inventory today, the car has 600 miles odo reading and will get delivered next week, quite happy as my current EDD was in Aug-Sep. when I spoke to a Tesla rep, he mentioned that demo car comes as is. It may have some visible wear and tear and Tesla won’t fix them. They hv discounted $160 as price adjustment.

Not sure how the car would be and if I hv to finally reject it. Anyone has experience with demo or existing inventory car?

Reactions: BitJam