Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't honk the horn. I didn't want to scare the deer. I was driving downhill. It saves random footage and not footage of my co-workers checking out the vehicle. They tell me that they were looking at the car. I haven't gotten any footage of people around the vehicle just random footage of nothing like of me driving on the street.

Thats wild! I remember hearing someone mention that before now actually. Hopefully they get that fixed soon. But it seems like that is only for sentry not actual drives. Have you tried to removed the drive and look at the files on a computer?

Reactions: BitJam
Thats wild! I remember hearing someone mention that before now actually. Hopefully they get that fixed soon. But it seems like that is only for sentry not actual drives. Have you tried to removed the drive and look at the files on a computer?
I didn't do that as yet. There wasn't any damage so i didn't go digging for footage. I assume what's on the viewer is what's saved. i thought that any impact would be automatically saved. Who has time to honk when trying to maneuver away from danger. Tesla should automatically save footage when obstacle is in the way or the car hit something. If the car loses control it should trigger dashcam. i have sentry mode on for always. A deer being in the path should be picked up. Im confused by dashcam and sentry mode TBH. They should be merged into one thing. Its the same as the confusing autopilot, enhanced autopilot and FSD. You have to follow tesla and be in the know to know the difference. Get rid of sentry mode and call the surveillance feature ---- dashcam. Same way they simplified their trim package for the model Y by getting rid of the standard range and Plaid +. They need to remove the clutter and make everything concise. They got rid of enhanced autopilot. Now we know the difference between AP and FSD. Enhanced autopilot muddied the water. The Model X and S branding were terrible PD100, PD85 etc. They are heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsandhu
Questions for some of the veterans in this group...this is my first Tesla so not really sure how this goes, and I live in Michigan so the rules are a little different since they can't "sell" cars here. My order is delayed like so many others, and my SA says if I snag an inventory car, I have to go to the location of the car to get it, UNLESS it is in Indianapolis, and then it can be brought to MI for pick up - is that just because I am in MI or do folks buying inventory models have to go to the car location to pick them up? I have a few options here, as I could visit surrounding states without too much trouble, but probably don't have time and money to go to, say, the west coast and drive back, since that involves time off work, animal care, parental care, etc.

Also, inventory cars seems to drop in the middle of the night and I seem to never see cars in Indy by the time I am awake and alert enough to check, and even Nationwide the vast majority are P models and I would want the LR. Given the highly variable nature of order date to delivery date, has anyone tried to put in an entirely NEW order, like with a different config or pick up location, to see which one arrives first? any drawbacks to that? I know there would be the $100 fee lost, any other fees I might be on the hook for by trying this approach?

I ordered a model Y from existing inventory today, the car has 600 miles odo reading and will get delivered next week, quite happy as my current EDD was in Aug-Sep. when I spoke to a Tesla rep, he mentioned that demo car comes as is. It may have some visible wear and tear and Tesla won’t fix them. They hv discounted $160 as price adjustment.

Not sure how the car would be and if I hv to finally reject it. Anyone has experience with demo or existing inventory car?
$160 discount for wear and tear is pretty hilarious! Why discount at all?

Some members have had good experience getting the SC to fix outstanding issues at delivery. I recall at least one member very upset because they said no fix to everything.

Reactions: dsandhu
My delivery date moved from June 27 - June 30 to June 26 - June 30. So day earlier after a few wild month+ swings. Who knows what that means. Ordered June 5th.

I got a missed call/VM and a text from Tesla yesterday thanking me for my order and asking me to call 510-249-3100 if I had any questions. My heart raced as I thought I might be getting my VIN, but none was assigned when I logged into my Tesla account. I called anyway as I did have a question.

Got to a Monique who was friendly. I asked her if anything had changed on my account, or if the call was a standard courtesy call and she confirmed the latter. I asked if PPF on the rear bumper and/or mud flaps were being factory installed in the San Antonio, TX region: negatory.

I then asked why the EDDs keep changing so often and so dramatically and she said she had no idea.

So still VINless in San Antonio.

Questions for some of the veterans in this group...this is my first Tesla so not really sure how this goes, and I live in Michigan so the rules are a little different since they can't "sell" cars here. My order is delayed like so many others, and my SA says if I snag an inventory car, I have to go to the location of the car to get it, UNLESS it is in Indianapolis, and then it can be brought to MI for pick up - is that just because I am in MI or do folks buying inventory models have to go to the car location to pick them up? I have a few options here, as I could visit surrounding states without too much trouble, but probably don't have time and money to go to, say, the west coast and drive back, since that involves time off work, animal care, parental care, etc.

Also, inventory cars seems to drop in the middle of the night and I seem to never see cars in Indy by the time I am awake and alert enough to check, and even Nationwide the vast majority are P models and I would want the LR. Given the highly variable nature of order date to delivery date, has anyone tried to put in an entirely NEW order, like with a different config or pick up location, to see which one arrives first? any drawbacks to that? I know there would be the $100 fee lost, any other fees I might be on the hook for by trying this approach?
To ease the headache just wait for the car you ordered. It's not as long as you think it will be. Inventory cars give you an option to have it delivered to the nearest Tesla delivery center or home, based on location. Inventory cars - It's usually cars someone rejected at delivery. You have to pay for destination fee though which is usually $1200 + other fees. Wait for a brand NEW car. Go on the website and search for old model X and see what option it gives you for delivery/pickup to your home or state. Many people have create 2 orders and cancel 1 so that's an option for you. VINs are delivered in waves. West coast first then Midwest then Northeast.

Reactions: dsandhu and Gor-Gor
To ease the headache just wait for the car you ordered. It's not as long as you think it will be. Inventory cars give you an option to have it delivered to the nearest Tesla delivery center or home, based on location. Inventory cars - It's usually cars someone rejected at delivery. You have to pay for destination fee though which is usually $1200 + other fees. Wait for a brand NEW car. Go on the website and search for old model X and see what option it gives you for delivery/pickup to your home or state. Many people have create 2 orders and cancel 1 so that's an option for you. VINs are delivered in waves. West coast first then Midwest then Northeast.
Thanks...I *am* impatient, a bit, but I am also concerned that if the current dat4es hold on my original order, I will be learning to drive my Tesla in winter, on unplowed roads. I'd really like to have a few months of summer/fall driving under my belt prior to that, and the summer/fall season is short up here. May try a second order in a major city and see if that moves faster, as I suspect part of my delay may be waiting for enough orders coming up this far north to make it worth the transport.

Well, Tesla just screwed me. Had a call this morning confirming my delivery appt for tomorrow at noon. 45 min later, I get a text stating:
"Greetings from Tesla! Our service team identified an issue this morning with the vehicle assigned to your order and unfortunately it is not currently deliverable. We will be placing the vehicle on a service hold and placing you back in queue for a new vehicle to be assigned. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated regarding new vehicle assignment."

Cool guys... you already have a significant amount of my cash.

I get the delays and all the crap that comes along with ordering a Tesla but after confirming and reconfirming and verifying that my Y is in fact here and then an "Oh sorry, we realized we shipped a turd from CA to NC for you - back to the queue for you" isn't an acceptable scenario.

I'm so close to snagging a Mach-E, even though it's not exactly what I want. At least my Ford dealer will talk to me on the phone and maintain some sort of regular communication.

Talk me off my ledge here! Hahaha

Yesterday
6B8A3851-8B92-4FC3-BC89-DBDB5A762631.jpeg

9F99370E-F0F0-4E5D-BD1A-F347AC3CF7BD.jpeg

Today back to end of this month. 🤷‍♂️
🎢🎢🎢🎢

My EDD slipped from June 19-30 to September, anyone else had the dates moved back?? Does this date really mean anything?
I have had the original start date go from 7 to 10 weeks. Eventually this changed to June 7th to 27th. Starting May 26th the Start date started shrinking and getting pushed back, currently looking at June 24th to 30th. I completed all the tasks up to providing insurance information due to needing the VIN. Still no VIN so far, and the Delivery is Converging on End of June.

Reactions: Vosty3
Thanks...I *am* impatient, a bit, but I am also concerned that if the current dat4es hold on my original order, I will be learning to drive my Tesla in winter, on unplowed roads. I'd really like to have a few months of summer/fall driving under my belt prior to that, and the summer/fall season is short up here. May try a second order in a major city and see if that moves faster, as I suspect part of my delay may be waiting for enough orders coming up this far north to make it worth the transport.
Winter driving is not that bad. Order winter tires for your area because michigan winter is harsh. NY winter is bad but we don't get as much snow like michigan does. The only difference I say is to put the car in creep move not hold during wintry mixed days. AWD means that you should be good. Plus you can watch other videos on youtube to see how winter driving is during winter.

Well, Tesla just screwed me. Had a call this morning confirming my delivery appt for tomorrow at noon. 45 min later, I get a text stating:
"Greetings from Tesla! Our service team identified an issue this morning with the vehicle assigned to your order and unfortunately it is not currently deliverable. We will be placing the vehicle on a service hold and placing you back in queue for a new vehicle to be assigned. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated regarding new vehicle assignment."

Cool guys... you already have a significant amount of my cash.

I get the delays and all the crap that comes along with ordering a Tesla but after confirming and reconfirming and verifying that my Y is in fact here and then an "Oh sorry, we realized we shipped a turd from CA to NC for you - back to the queue for you" isn't an acceptable scenario.

I'm so close to snagging a Mach-E, even though it's not exactly what I want. At least my Ford dealer will talk to me on the phone and maintain some sort of regular communication.

Talk me off my ledge here! Hahaha
Tesla policy is so much bullshit. They should assign you a new VIN immediately. You shouldn't be put into a queue.

Reactions: und2000