Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text from Tesla saying "We are reaching out to confirm you are ready to take delivery this month, if your Tesla is ready. We would deliver the Tesla to your home if you are within our radius, so would like to confirm desired delivery address of _____".

I...still don't have a VIN, and it does say IF your Tesla is ready, but...still nice to have received some form of communication from them hahah

Anyone else receive this message?

(Order Date 4/19; MYLR | Red Ext./Black Int. | Induction Wheels | Tow Hitch | No FSD - live in LA, CA)

Tesla Order
(Tysons Corner, VA) near Washington DC

6/5/2021 - Model Y LR ordered.

6/7/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 20 - September 19
No VIN.

6/7~6/10/2021 - Loan got approved and finished everything.

6/11/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
June 25 - June 30
VIN has been assigned

6/15/2021 - Received a call from Sales Advisor (from NV)
Telling me I’ll get a text message and I’ll need to respond within 48 hours.

6/22/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 06 - August 26
No VIN - They took it away.

6/22/2021 - Called Sales Advisor (from NV)
Complained how the VIN taken away, and the dates are delayed.

06/23/2021 - Tysons Corner,VA Sales Advisor called me.
Telling me my VIN was taken away because the car didn’t meet the quality expectation.

Waiting…

Ok thanks. Just curious because you seem to have gotten delivery quick ordering the same time I ordered. This is the latest my account shows.
Model Y.jpg

also why would they have u accept tesla vision with a blue button usually any cars after may dont have radar anyways so im curious why they have you approve it??
It may depend on your order date. I ordered on May 8th, before the Tesla Vision change happened, so I imagine I will (hopefully someday) get the magical blue button followed by a VIN.

But that does bring up a good point...anyone that ordered in June and already received their VIN - did you also have the Blue Button? Just curious if everyone is still getting that even on recent orders long after the announcement was made. Seems that if you order the car after that announcement you wouldn't have to accept that as you would have ordered the car theoretically knowing that already.

Reactions: casey1202
But that does bring up a good point...anyone that ordered in June and already received their VIN - did you also have the Blue Button? Just curious if everyone is still getting that even on recent orders long after the announcement was made. Seems that if you order the car after that announcement you wouldn't have to accept that as you would have ordered the car theoretically knowing that already.
I ordered on 5/31 and completed my profile/order on 6/1. Got the blue button to proceed with delivery this morning.

It may depend on your order date. I ordered on May 8th, before the Tesla Vision change happened, so I imagine I will (hopefully someday) get the magical blue button followed by a VIN.

Yeah that's a good point--I thought Tesla Vision was announced before I ordered, but still had to accept the changes associated with it, but not sure

Reactions: GoGators!
Tesla Order
(Tysons Corner, VA) near Washington DC

6/5/2021 - Model Y LR ordered.

6/7/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 20 - September 19
No VIN.

6/7~6/10/2021 - Loan got approved and finished everything.

6/11/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
June 25 - June 30
VIN has been assigned

6/15/2021 - Received a call from Sales Advisor (from NV)
Telling me I’ll get a text message and I’ll need to respond within 48 hours.

6/22/2021 - website checking
Estimated Delivery:
August 06 - August 26
No VIN - They took it away.

6/22/2021 - Called Sales Advisor (from NV)
Complained how the VIN taken away, and the dates are delayed.

06/23/2021 - Tysons Corner,VA Sales Advisor called me.
Telling me my VIN was taken away because the car didn’t meet the quality expectation.

Waiting…
So sorry to hear that, since it sounds like we are in the same boat (albeit they gave me some other explanation). Hopefully it gets rectified soon and you have a VIN again soon.

Reactions: bet_america

very good response i was thinking the same june orders shouldnt have the blue button then

I wanted to share an update recounting what I am currently experiencing:

MYLR Black/Black, 5 seat, 20" Inductions, no tow, no FSD

5/4:
Order date in Miami, FL (SA said end of June delivery was realistic)
6/3: VIN appeared in Manage Order page, never received a text or email (had to accept the tesla vision update right before the VIN appeared)
6/8: Got a text from Tesla to schedule delivery, and the soonest available delivery day they offered would be 11 days away on 6/19
6/19: Pickup day set for 3:30pm in Miami, FL.

Ordered 5/19 MYLR White 20" Black int 7 seater - Located in So. CA ..... for the past week or so after huge shifts in time frame like everyone else it has been July 16-26 then today shot back to June 23-30th. No VIN yet though.
Hello! We are in Washington state and ordered same configuration! MYLR7 white on black 20”. We ordered ours on reveal 2 years ago! Our EDD window kept bouncing around and then started narrowing to a small as June 25-30. This morning now states July 16-Aug 5. Starting to get really impatient having been waiting for over 2 years and still no VIN.

Ordered my MY MSM LR 5-seat on 5/31. The two-week delivery now shows "August 18 - September 7". Charger being installed in my garage now; it's beyond frustrating to go from EDD 2 weeks to 2 months. I'll take delivery in Mt Kisco, NY, 40 mins from my house. I'm ready to write a check.
I ordered 5/17 from CT, no VIN yet, picking up Mt. Kisco
Just wanted to fill in info based on my experience.
Ordered 4/27. Dates were back and forth. Then dates changed to September. Then around June 10 I got a VIN. 7 seat blue black interior. Mt. Kisco delivery. No PPF on vehicle, no mudflaps. Chaos on pick up day-last week. Window sticker said car has FSD, but I didn’t order it, so I assume they just took it off cuz my car matched otherwise. Had a 2019 Model 3 AWD LR no FSD. Trade in offer 36k. Carvana 40k. Carmax in Connecticut offered 44k
I ordered 5/17 -> when do you estimate my delivery will be?!

I wanted to share an update recounting what I am currently experiencing:

MYLR Black/Black, 5 seat, 20" Inductions, no tow, no FSD

5/4:
Order date in Miami, FL (SA said end of June delivery was realistic)
6/3: VIN appeared in Manage Order page, never received a text or email (had to accept the tesla vision update right before the VIN appeared)
6/8: Got a text from Tesla to schedule delivery, and the soonest available delivery day they offered would be 11 days away on 6/19
6/19: Pickup day set for 3:30pm in Miami, FL.
Cont’d because I accidentally clicked post prematurely!

So anyways, on the morning of 6/19, I get a call from the pickup center saying they discovered a crack on the roof glass of my MY during final cleaning, and said they could not deliver the car to me. They said they would order an entirely new roof glass and replace it, but there was no ETA on the part because it is on super back-order. They leaked to me that someone else has been waiting a month for this roof glass replacement for the same reason. As of now my choices are, wait until the roof glass part becomes available from factory and they install it (essentially a refurbished car..sigh) or wait until some customer in Miami, FL doesn’t follow through with delivery on my exact build MY, in which then they would match me to that VIN. The chances of that happening are super low.

They obviously have no ETA on either of those two options and will not provide ANY form of inconvenience discount/upgrade nothing! I am livid at the situation and Tesla not doing anything to make the customer happy. Their customer service through this ordeal has been horrible, and I’ve spoken to muliple managers that all tell me the same thing: “There’s nothing we can do for you right now.”

Has this happened to anyone, and if so, what was the outcome?