Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm feeling like a little kid on Christmas Eve right now. I stopped by the SC this afternoon and found that my MYLR had been delivered there earlier today, just in time for my pick-up appointment at 12:30pm tomorrow. Found it by walking around the lot looking for a VIN match. The passenger compartment all covered in the factory wrap, and the outside still has a bunch of the overwrap on it. I think that we'll skip the red bow. Manufacturing date of 6/14 for those that follow such things so it really didn't take long to get across the country. So exciting to see it in real life and expect tomorrow to be awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    683.5 KB · Views: 68
Had delivery for our LR 7 seater with tow scheduled for Monday at 1000. Car arrived yesterday and we got pulled forward to Friday at 3. Got a call about an hour ago saying hey can you get your car earlier Friday? No? Okay can we drop it off at 10? #bullish they are getting so many cars at Owings Mills they can’t even store them for 5 hours.

I'm feeling like a little kid on Christmas Eve right now. I stopped by the SC this afternoon and found that my MYLR had been delivered there earlier today, just in time for my pick-up appointment at 12:30pm tomorrow. Found it by walking around the lot looking for a VIN match. The passenger compartment all covered in the factory wrap, and the outside still has a bunch of the overwrap on it. I think that we'll skip the red bow. Manufacturing date of 6/14 for those that follow such things so it really didn't take long to get across the country. So exciting to see it in real life and expect tomorrow to be awesome.
Love that combo! Looks great! Gratz! 🎉

Had delivery for our LR 7 seater with tow scheduled for Monday at 1000. Car arrived yesterday and we got pulled forward to Friday at 3. Got a call about an hour ago saying hey can you get your car earlier Friday? No? Okay can we drop it off at 10? #bullish they are getting so many cars at Owings Mills they can’t even store them for 5 hours.
Feel free to pass them along to FL! We will gladly take your overflow!

Reactions: GoGators!
Ugh, fingers crossed for you...
Honestly if it got pushed back to July I wouldn't care *too* much. But if they do the same bullshit with my order that they did to you, I'd be one sad panda. I'm so sorry a company can get away with business practices like that. This is my first order with Tesla, and it hasn't been any better than going to a dealership (mostly because of the horror stories I've read here, lol...).

Congratulations in advance! Hopefully we follow suit soon!

SA texted me a few minutes ago saying there is/was a logistics delay for our MYP to Colorado Springs. Was due in today (6/24), and is now due in 6/28. SA reassured home delivery would still be 6/30. Cutting it close; guess we'll see what happens!
Good luck!

All this last minute drama reminds me of cramming for exams in school 😂. I pull it off, and promise myself next semester I will be better.

Hopefully Tesla is better than me, and starts preparing for Q3 results way ahead of time!

Tesla has a clear problem keeping up with demand. This is a good problem. The factory can only crank out so many per day. Then they build another factory, but that takes time. We see it going on now. Q3 can be sold out any day now IMO. Remember that Q2 MY sold out around late April 2021.
Most business analysis consider this a good "quality problem".
As for orders where the fulfillment would be a price some 10% lower than the current price levels, you know they will not rush to fill that order, if ever. Might be worth considering an inventory car @digitalboi ... just a thought. Always the dollar. Excuses are easy for Tesla, and your neighbors money just as green as your own.
Good luck to all in the wait mode, MY is really worth the 'oggida' to get. A good guess that all on this thread know this already.
:)

Reactions: elguapo
Lol, yea reading some of these posts I see what you mean. I havent even driven the Y yet but was eager to get an order in. Going for a test drive of the Y this weekend and I imagine it will just cause my eagerness for delivery date to increase even more.
I can confirm that it will. I was halfway sane until I went on a test drive. Now I can't think of anything else. It does't help that the SC is literally walking distance from my house. 🤪

Tesla has a clear problem keeping up with demand. This is a good problem. The factory can only crank out so many per day. Then they build another factory, but that takes time. We see it going on now. Q3 can be sold out any day now IMO. Remember that Q2 MY sold out around late April 2021.
Most business analysis consider this a good "quality problem".
As for orders where the fulfillment would be a price some 10% lower than the current price levels, you know they will not rush to fill that order, if ever. Might be worth considering an inventory car @digitalboi ... just a thought. Always the dollar. Excuses are easy for Tesla, and your neighbors money just as green as your own.
Good luck to all in the wait mode, MY is really worth the 'oggida' to get. A good guess that all on this thread know this already.
:)
I've considered it but my preorder pricing is considerably less than current pricing and im not going to just give them an extra 6500 for the pleasure of taking away my VIN. I learned with my kids and dog, you do not reward bad behavior LOL

On the silver lining, I never transferred any money to them so I am not stuck trying to get it back for the next 3 weeks... 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've considered it but my preorder pricing is considerably less than current pricing and im not going to just give them an extra 6500 for the pleasure of taking away my VIN. I learned with my kids and dog, you do not reward bad behavior LOL

On the silver lining, I never transferred any money to them so I am not stuck trying to get it back for the next 3 weeks... 🤷🏻‍♂️
Another excellent lesson on why not to pay Tesla in advance! Question when was your original order?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Another excellent lesson on why not to pay Tesla in advance! Question when was your original order?
I ordered on launch night, planned on them taking longer than they estimated to start producing the Y so we leased the M3 for 2 years and go figure they got it out on time LOL... so I've been stuck with this lease for a year longer than I needed it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: PatrickTM
Also cop != radar — just because there is a cop on the side of the road doesn’t mean he/she has radar. I also hate when people brake when they see a cop giving a ticket on the side of the road. They aren’t going to chase you. Just drive folks.
Some will... One time I was pulled over on the side of the road getting a ticket... When a car blew past us, the cop threw my ticket at me, and ran to his motorcycle.