Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some will... One time I was pulled over on the side of the road getting a ticket... When a car blew past us, the cop threw my ticket at me, and ran to his motorcycle.
Oh I have seen that before! I actually got a ticket once that way... there was another cop stopped that I didn't see, stepped out into the lane and flagged me to stop... bam ticket... I think its more about the extreme stopping, if you can see the cop they have seen you and your speed is already logged. No need to cause an accident or traffic and make things worse!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Trust me I looked, I even found one that matched my build. But I have a preorder reservation so my pricing is 6500 lower than what they are selling for now (FSD was only 5k then) and I am not about to give away that much money just to get an inventory car. 😡
Well, it sounds like it’s also a money thing if they can potentially make $6,500 more on that car this quarter and the risk is you walk away and someone else buys it for the then market price. Totally sucks.

So after getting assigned 211xxx a few weeks ago and then having the vin disappear with EDD flipping to September for a few days, then flipping back to late June with a missing vin... Got assigned another vin 216xxx this morning, and this time got all the other emails, and setup pickup for this weekend.
Yay! Looks like the stole someone's VIN and you are the proud new owner! ROFL

Well, it sounds like it’s also a money thing if they can potentially make $6,500 more on that car this quarter and the risk is you walk away and someone else buys it for the then market price. Totally sucks.
If 6500 is going to affect their Q2 numbers that much they are doing something very very wrong

While we wait, I bought Acceleration Boost and I can definitely tell the difference in pick up / acceleration beyond just from the stop. My X P90D is 0-60 in 3.8. The Y is now 4.2 and it’s FAST. For $2,000, I took the AB instead of the nicer rims and am very happy with the decision.
Thanks for the report! That is good to know... I have been contemplating it a lot myself

If 6500 is going to affect their Q2 numbers that much they are doing something very very wrong
Think that a sales manager who can sell a product for 10% more and make Q2 numbers look better is very right. Try to see clearly what they care about. An old car order might not be for you at that price level any more, or it can be months before you find a match in your account, if ever.
Tesla is a "for profit" business. Do not forget this. Musk does not. What is $6,500 x 1,000 orders = ? Sales manager surely knows.

Here's the issue though: there was (still is) and extreme amount of ambiguity during Q2. With the containment hold, switch to Vision, parts issues, etc. dates for pretty much everyone were flying all over the place. To put it in perspective, I once had an EDD of mid-May. It is now 6 weeks later and I still don't have a car. I can honestly say my EDD has changed at least 25 times since I ordered. For some, it's not a big deal and you get it when you get it. For others, there is a lot to plan around a new car. What do you do with your existing car? What about financing? Should I do it now and risk having to re-apply which can affect credit? Or should I wait? My old car's registration was due on May 1 so I had to make the call then to either sell my car, or pay the registration. At that time my EDD was mid to late May so I sold it. Had I known it was going to be at least another 6 weeks, I probably wouldn't have done that. Ultimately it hasn't affected me that much because we have another car in the household. But not everyone has that luxury.

I guess what I'm saying is let's see how patient you are when it's been another 4, 6, even 8 weeks from now and you still haven't received your car. :)
Well said, well said!!!

For those that are patient and can wait an extra few weeks, good for you! But if you're like me, who also sold their car based on a Mid-May EDD, it's been a very expensive and frustrating wait time. When I bought our M3 last year on May 3oth, we got a VIN 2 weeks later. So this experience was something I NEVER expected. As many times as I was upset to see a May or June order get a VIN, for the most part, this "community" has given me more information and support than I could get from any live person at Tesla. I shudder to think how I would be dealing with all of this without knowing what the heck was going on with no answers.

I want to say thanks to each and every one of you! Keep reporting your experiences, good or bad. :cool:

While we wait, I bought Acceleration Boost and I can definitely tell the difference in pick up / acceleration beyond just from the stop. My X P90D is 0-60 in 3.8. The Y is now 4.2 and it’s FAST. For $2,000, I took the AB instead of the nicer rims and am very happy with the decision.
Nice! If I hadn’t opted to lease this time around I’d definitely spring for the boost.

Reactions: elguapo
Well said, well said!!!

For those that are patient and can wait an extra few weeks, good for you! But if you're like me, who also sold their car based on a Mid-May EDD, it's been a very expensive and frustrating wait time. When I bought our M3 last year on May 3oth, we got a VIN 2 weeks later. So this experience was something I NEVER expected. As many times as I was upset to see a May or June order get a VIN, for the most part, this "community" has given me more information and support than I could get from any live person at Tesla. I shudder to think how I would be dealing with all of this without knowing what the heck was going on with no answers.

I want to say thanks to each and every one of you! Keep reporting your experiences, good or bad. :cool:

silver lining is with Tesla you have a community where most other car manufacturers don’t have anything close. maybe Jeep / 4Runner / off road community.
It’s been nice hanging out on these forums while waiting.

Ok so same story as before... My car would not arrive before the end of the quarter so essentially they gave it to someone else thats closer to it so they can get the Q2 delivery number in... now im on a "priority list" to get matched and delivered early in July... I am f*cking P*SSED!
And they don’t even say, “here’s 10K in free supercharger miles for your inconvenience!”
kind of makes you wonder if that’s where some of these inventory cares come from. Especially if they are usually selling them with upgraded wheels and they are all selling for more than the cars we ordered back in May.

Would you say there is increased power between 30-60 mph? I'm trying to figure out where the sweet spot / power band is most noticeable.

Reactions: digitalboi
I paid in full for my demo car on Tuesday. On Wednesday they acknowledged this and I am now waiting for them to schedule 3rd party shipping. They've only been silent for one day but it feels like now that they have my money they've lost interest. We'll see. My guess is they're using all shipping available to shuffle cars around to get more sales before the end of the quarter. I think they're pulling out all stops to avoid ruinous 2nd quarter sales results and we just got caught in the cross-fire.

My heart goes out to people like @digitalboi who got shafted for no good reason. I sure hope Tesla does something to make it up to them but I'm not holding my breath. OTOH, no matter how bad this feels, a delayed Tesla delivery is the very epitome of a first world problem.

BTW: I fixed my old car today. There was a short in the power lock in the driver's door. Thankfully it was cool enough to work on my car in the driveway. I took off the door panel and saw the ugly naked wires with 30 year old insulation crumbling off. I unplugged the power lock and put the door panel back on. I am now hopeful the new car will arrive before the old car goes tires up.

Oh I have seen that before! I actually got a ticket once that way... there was another cop stopped that I didn't see, stepped out into the lane and flagged me to stop... bam ticket... I think its more about the extreme stopping, if you can see the cop they have seen you and your speed is already logged. No need to cause an accident or traffic and make things worse!
Another thing I just remembered... They passed a statewide law around here a few years back, that says that when there is an emergency vehicle pulled over on the side of the road with the emergency lights on, you are required to change lanes into the next lane over, to leave the lane adjacent to the emergency vehicle clear... If you are unable to safely change lanes, you are required to slow to a minimum of 5 mph under the posted speed limit... I remember they did several stings a while back, where they had a cop on the shoulder with the emergency lights flashing...A fleet of motorcycle cops waiting just ahead, pulled over anyone that didn't either change lanes, or slow down to under the limit.

No change to my ED today, but I am getting increasingly impatient and paranoid that I am going to run into delivery issues similar to others that gone through disappearing vin's and increasing ED's.

I am really leaning toward just snagging an under 50 mile "new" inventory model but I'm worried that the reason some haven't been matched to buyers is that they are lemons of some kind and had been rejected by a buyer for some reason. Has anyone purchased out of state inventory and been able to find out the condition of an inventory car before flying accross the country - the stock photo's are hard to accept.
I can't speak to picking it up but I ordered a MY from inventory at a dealer in the Northeast (PA I think) and had it shipped to me. Shipping took about a week. My wife and I have looked over the car and saw only one issue, which was a crease or indent in one of the back seats. I opened a ticket and they are replacing the seat next week. Overall, I would say I am happy. Would love to not have to deal with the seat issue but will get fixed quickly and everything else was perfect. I love the car!