Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah its impossible to not have received your car in over 2 years lol

No, its not... I also ordered mine launch night. Based on the delays they had with all their other launches we figured it would be another 6-10 months past his estimate so when we leased our M3 we leased it for two years... low and behold he hits his target (crazy) and I think he was even a bit early on the first deliveries. So I had to put my order on hold until my lease was up. Telsa does not allow you to turn in the car early without paying out the lease and I wasn't about to do that just to get the car... fast forward here we are now. Lease is up on the M3, hold released from the MY order... waiting for delivery like everyone else that ordered in April/May/June

Last edited:
Was your order placed before any of the recent price changes? Someone previously mentioned that they were targeting reservations with lower prices so I want to see if that data point holds...
I think? I believe it was still at the lower price early May. The SA said on Monday in an email it was on the final leg of assembly and I should be getting a notification to schedule delivery.

What really grinds my gears about this is the date they gave me literally is the same if you order a new Y now (September).

@NetLoser I think the generic “September” EDD is just a placeholder, until you have date ranges displayed I think you’re not in a formal production queue/schedule, just a large pool of unallocated orders.

@digitalboi just out of curiosity, can you share with us the date you took the order off hold? That will give us a date of reference. Also, do you mind posting your order pricing sheet? Delete personal details of course. I’m just curious what your actual prices are and just how much lower than current pricing. If you’re not comfortable sharing it’s no biggie 😊

Reactions: GOVA and cancoi
I think? I believe it was still at the lower price early May. The SA said on Monday in an email it was on the final leg of assembly and I should be getting a notification to schedule delivery.

What really grinds my gears about this is the date they gave me literally is the same if you order a new Y now (September).
Yeah, mine was the same. My SA said I was being put on some "priority" list for a VIN but who knows what that actually accounts to... My EDD has updated to 6/2-17 as of now, so I am REALLY hopping that I get a VIN this week and they call me to schedule the first week of July. 🙏🏻

@NetLoser I think the generic “September” EDD is just a placeholder, until you have date ranges displayed I think you’re not in a formal production queue/schedule, just a large pool of unallocated orders.

@digitalboi just out of curiosity, can you share with us the date you took the order off hold? That will give us a date of reference. Also, do you mind posting your order pricing sheet? Delete personal details of course. I’m just curious what your actual prices are and just how much lower than current pricing. If you’re not comfortable sharing it’s no biggie 😊
I dont mind sharing at all as anyone can go back in time to look at pricing then and figure it out anyway... I dont know the exact date I took it off hold because I didn't get a confirmation of any sort when I went into my account and confirmed my pre-order. So I only have the date my original order was placed. I know that it was someplace on or before the 10th could have been a few days earlier I'm just not 100% sure.
I ordered a MY LR Red with 20" wheels 5 seats, no tow as it wasn't an option on pre-orders on release, black interior, WITH FSD. My final build price was 60k exactly. The big saver was FSD was 5k when I ordered so that saved me a ton.
I'll try and add it all to the tracker later im about to head out the door. ❤️

Are there still people here with late April or first week of May orders placed? I placed my order on May 16th and wondering if the next MY batches are for mid May.
I ordered May 3rd. EDD has been day to day until 6/30 for the past week. The only time it went beyond 6/30 is when it gave the defaults on the website, which has happened only 5 times since ordering. No VIN. Profile completed on 5/4. 3rd party financing.

EDD:
06/2006/21 - 06/30
06/2106/22 - 06/30
06/2206/23 - 06/30
06/2306/24 - 06/30
06/2406/25 - 06/30
06/2506/26 - 06/30

I ordered May 3rd. EDD has been day to day until 6/30 for the past week. The only time it went beyond 6/30 is when it gave the defaults on the website, which has happened only 5 times since ordering. No VIN. Profile completed on 5/4. 3rd party financing.

EDD:
06/2006/21 - 06/30
06/2106/22 - 06/30
06/2206/23 - 06/30
06/2306/24 - 06/30
06/2406/25 - 06/30
06/2506/26 - 06/30
Ordered mine on April 18th. EDD Late July - Early August. I guess Tesla is delivering orders made after price increase so that their books look good at the end of quarter.

Reactions: Nomesdrome
The Bearded Tesla guy just confirmed that the new model Y comes with a bigger 82KWh battery pack.. We are few weeks away from a software update that will magically increase the range of MY.
That’s pretty awesome. It looks legit too, makes sense that the 82kw pack would start going into the Y now. Wonder what the range increase will be to.

The Bearded Tesla guy just confirmed that the new model Y comes with a bigger 82KWh battery pack.. We are few weeks away from a software update that will magically increase the range of MY.
If this leads to me getting longer range I’ll consider it a fair trade, but what really pisses me off is the outright lack of transparency. Just tell me an honest guess and tell me when things slip up, I’d rather hear the honest truth than try to piece together things elsewhere.

from what VIN’s when did this happen?
In his video he doesn’t know, he tested on his 7 seater and then also on a 5 seater and they both were manufactured in May or later, so he couldn’t say for sure.

I do want to mention that it is not the new 4680 battery. This is the 2170 with better density, which in his findings was 5.5% better. So roughly 343 miles instead of the 326 if they fully unlock the pack. This is also in line with what Panasonic announced in the fall of last year. Panasonic in the fall mentioned that they would be improving the battery density by 20% of the next 4 years or something.

So not a huge secret, but they must be switching over to the better density packs, because why wouldn’t that be announced?

Probably a Q2 earnings announcement type thing, knowing Elon.

*made some edits because apparently I don’t know how to spell and my grammar is horrible, I apologize.

Last edited:
Are you able to take delivery of it with the glass broken or will they not let you even have the car till its fixed?
No, they wouldn't let me take it even if i wanted to. Wouldn't even let me see the car. They said they couldn't give it to me because it's a safety hazard, which i understand. The mind-boggling thing is the lack of inconvenience help they have given me (i.e. no loaner, no discounts or upgrades, no free supercharging miles, etc). They basically said that it's unfortunate that it happened but the only thing I can do is wait for 1) future customer with exact build in Miami to not go through with delivery, or 2) wait for glass roof to become available from the factory. It's very frustrating and I feel for your situation as well.

Found it, this is the pic!
img_2571-jpg.674323

Love how the 19s look, I almost didn't believe they look like this as they look nicely finished, at first I thought they had them powder coated but claims that they just got the car a day prior (the owner said "Finally took delivery yesterday! Immediately punted the Gemini covers in the trash as soon as I got home."). I'm someone who detests black wheels, and the "blacked out" look in general, I'm a big fan of silver wheels. I notice he put the center cap and lug not covers in place, but if this is the way the wheels are finished from the factory I'm gonna be extra happy. I guess the ones I saw IRL were powder coated black/gray or something (and this was on multiple cars), a look that absolutely doesn't work for me -- I thought that's how they come from the factory. Do they really look like in this pic or has the owner done something to them?
This is how my MY is currently configured, but with the front windows tinted to match the rears (minus the bird poop that is deposited on the car overnight, lol.). I was going to powder coat my wheels satin black, but since it will take several days and rental cars are outrageous right now, that will be delayed. Toying with the idea of getting these:

in Satin Grey or Black to mount summer tires, and put winter tires on the Geminis...

Last edited:
Reactions: cusetownusa
Not sure if anyone has experienced this.

Spoke to a customer service rep yesterday and they informed me that I will possibly get the car towards the end of July\early August. My EDD has been hovering around mid July to Early August. I have seen notes about slipping EDD's but for the most part cars have been delivered before the EDD.

Being in the Northeast, I have given up hope of seeing a VIN or delivery in June. Having to hold out till August is a stretch. I guess anything with Tesla is a patient person's games.

Reactions: PatrickTM
No, they wouldn't let me take it even if i wanted to. Wouldn't even let me see the car. They said they couldn't give it to me because it's a safety hazard, which i understand. The mind-boggling thing is the lack of inconvenience help they have given me (i.e. no loaner, no discounts or upgrades, no free supercharging miles, etc). They basically said that it's unfortunate that it happened but the only thing I can do is wait for 1) future customer with exact build in Miami to not go through with delivery, or 2) wait for glass roof to become available from the factory. It's very frustrating and I feel for your situation as well.
I really don’t get why Tesla is so bad with kind of stuff. Like it sucks that you don’t get your car like you want, and you have to deal with the inconvenience of waiting and making a whole trip to the service center. And their response is “it is what it is, take it or leave it”.

Like throw in some free super charging miles or something. For me, I can deal with the inconvenience like that for like 3-5k free supercharging and that basically cost Tesla $0 to do something like that.