Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my MY was in service for 2 days to address these items. Several items addressed but a couple others were “within spec” although no one could tell me what the spec was.

Seems like they have challenges in getting the wheel trims flush with the bottom fender trim. All four had issues. They fixed the front ones but the rear ones are “within spec.” Looks sloppy though. What do you think? Would it be unreasonable to be persistent? Or would you let this go?
That’s totally typical and within spec. Not to defend them, as I think it’s sloppy too. Some are more flush than others.

Reactions: dsandhu and SJROSSO
Update on TV for those waiting. After driving 600 miles in 4 days on highway (where it should be pretty near perfect), I can report phantom braking IS present and super annoying. Happens for no consistent reason and does happen more than my X with radar. Not sure, but it seems spooked by overpasses, big signs over highway, coming up over hills or steep descents. They’ll fix it. It’s got to be TACC related and it’s more to do with incorrectly identifying objects than distance as it is great with a car in front of it or even cutting in front.

It is MUCH better if there are cars around it than if it is by itself. Totally fine in stop and go and FSD auto lane change has been awesome.

Other weird thing, and this is a cross post, is it doesn’t “see” people or bikes anywhere near as well as my X with radar.

All will be fixed with software updates, I am sure. Since I have a glowing early opinion, felt I had to revise now.

As for the wait. It sucks. It’s unpredictable. It’s awful. And it is 100% worth it.

Quick update: Still EDD of September. I reached out to my SA yesterday who said to ignore the EDD and nothing has changed with my order. He also mentioned that EDDs fluctuate a LOT at the end of a quarter and that the EDD is just "not going to be accurate right now" 🤞🏻🙏🏻 that its all true and my MY will leave the factory on time on Friday. I will likely be annoying the sh!t out of him this week making sure that im still soft matched to that VIN and hopping like h3ll that my blue button appears again within the next 7 days 😫❤️🤞🏻🙏🏻

Maybe I'll get rewarded with a surprise and be one of the first to have the new headlights and that will be my consolation prize for the drama? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Quick update: Still EDD of September. I reached out to my SA yesterday who said to ignore the EDD and nothing has changed with my order. He also mentioned that EDDs fluctuate a LOT at the end of a quarter and that the EDD is just "not going to be accurate right now" 🤞🏻🙏🏻 that its all true and my MY will leave the factory on time on Friday. I will likely be annoying the sh!t out of him this week making sure that im still soft matched to that VIN and hopping like h3ll that my blue button appears again within the next 7 days 😫❤️🤞🏻🙏🏻

Maybe I'll get rewarded with a surprise and be one of the first to have the new headlights and that will be my consolation prize for the drama? 🤷🏻‍♂️
When did you order yours .. I did on 5/14 red / white with 20”. Was told I was soft matched for 7/13.

Update on TV for those waiting. After driving 600 miles in 4 days on highway (where it should be pretty near perfect), I can report phantom braking IS present and super annoying. Happens for no consistent reason and does happen more than my X with radar. Not sure, but it seems spooked by overpasses, big signs over highway, coming up over hills or steep descents. They’ll fix it. It’s got to be TACC related and it’s more to do with incorrectly identifying objects than distance as it is great with a car in front of it or even cutting in front.

It is MUCH better if there are cars around it than if it is by itself. Totally fine in stop and go and FSD auto lane change has been awesome.

Other weird thing, and this is a cross post, is it doesn’t “see” people or bikes anywhere near as well as my X with radar.

All will be fixed with software updates, I am sure. Since I have a glowing early opinion, felt I had to revise now.

As for the wait. It sucks. It’s unpredictable. It’s awful. And it is 100% worth it.
is the phantom braking occuring only when AP/ TACC/ FSD is engaged or even when you are in full control of the vehicle?

Call me old school but I almost never use cruise control since I like being in control of the car so unless I know I have 100+ miles of wide open highway ahead I rarely use any sort of assistance.

I ordered 2 weeks ago (Southern California) and my EDD was from July-Aug12 yesterday and now it is Sept 10 to Sept 30 all of sudden. Does anyone know what is going on?
first month of every quarter is reserved for manufacturing M3 for international markets, so unless they have a matching config in "holding" don't expect it in July - as for the change in ED, welcome to the sick mental game that Elon has created.

Last edited:
first month of every quarter is reserved for manufacturing M3 and MY for international markets, so unless they have a matching config in "holding" don't expect it in July - as for the change in ED, welcome to the sick mental game that Elon has created.
so its trick they had and they usually deliver on 3rd month of quarter for socal no matter which EDD you initially got ? (usually)

so its trick they had and they usually deliver on 3rd month of quarter for socal no matter which EDD you initially got ? (usually)
not really a trick, but a very vague estimate that you shouldn't take seriously. Just sit back and wait for a VIN, some folks here have received theirs much sooner than expected and unfortunately others are well past their ED, likely depends on config and supply chain. M3 SR currently shows 9-13 weeks on the Tesla website, if it was the same when you ordered 2 weeks ago, don't expect it before the start of that 7th week after you ordered.

Quick edit: just make sure you're profile is completed on the Tesla website or your order could end up being delayed... As for SoCal specifically, I wouldn't know, I'm in the Chicago area but assume Tesla logistics apply to the continental US

is the phantom braking occuring only when AP/ TACC/ FSD is engaged or even when you are in full control of the vehicle?

Call me old school but I almost never use cruise control since I like being in control of the car so unless I know I have 100+ miles of wide open highway ahead I rarely use any sort of assistance.
Phantom braking only happens with TACC for me. Never if I am in full control and you can’t AS without TACC. It’s an issue on these TV cars, but they’ll figure it out. It was an issue with radar too, just nowhere near as bad.

If I were a YouTuber, I’d post some footage, but I am not.

Last edited:
first month of every quarter is reserved for manufacturing M3 and MY for international markets, so unless they have a matching config in "holding" don't expect it in July - as for the change in ED, welcome to the sick mental game that Elon has created.
This thread repeats itself every month or so for anyone who stays around.

The Y is NOT produced for non US markets right now except China and it’s produced in China for that market. Giga Berlin will produce for Europe and a couple of Ys creep out through various means, but the Y isn’t sold in other markets right now.

So with respect to production, the typical “no early Q delivery” doesn’t hold for the Y. It DID last quarter, but that’s because of the homologation containment hold due to no radar. July will likely see plenty of deliveries.

Regardless, we all know Tesla is most motivated at end of quarter.

The Y is NOT produced for non US markets right now except China and it’s produced in China for that market. Giga Berlin will produce for Europe and a couple of Ys creep out through various means, but the Y isn’t sold in other markets right now.

So with respect to production, the typical “no early Q delivery” doesn’t hold for the Y. It DID last quarter, but that’s because of the homologation containment hold due to no radar. July will likely see plenty of deliveries.

LOL, thanks, fixed my original post. Same difference to the OP who's order is an M3...

Reactions: elguapo
So I picked up yesterday! I had grown impatient waiting for my May 23 order and snagged a non-demo inventory about 10 days ago. Originally my delivery date was 6/28. I called on 6/23 and they said it was looking like it wouldn’t arrive at the Wexford SC until the night of 6/28 so I pushed my appointment out. On a whim, I called yesterday and they said it had arrived and I could pick it up that day!

Pickup was great. There were like 4 other people picking up at the same time but that didn’t seem to affect me. I took about 30 mins looking over everything. Only two minor issues: the passenger hangar hook wouldn’t close, and a scuff on the wheel well trim panel. Have a service appointment for both.

The car drives great! I installed the oem all weather floor mats and the Basenor mud flaps. Now I want to look into PPF and ceramic.

Say hi to The Batmobile!
Congratulations. Please share the PPF shop you end up using and your experience.

Update to anyone in Southern Cal (Orange county area) Beuana Park SC just told me they are no longer doing in person pick ups because they no longer have room on their lots or rented lots, because it is entirely full of Model Y’s. So only doing home deliveries now. They give you 24hrs to reject or accept after they drop off and after you accept you can log any service appointments with in 100 miles after drop off. (Excluding miles they put on your car while driving and at factory. So if the car arrives with 50 miles on it you have until 150 miles to log any service requests).
Crazy! Buena Park SC is about 9 miles from me. Well hopefully this means I can get my car faster. Do you have to physically be there to take delivery? I’ve heard some cases where they just drop off the car and have you fill everything out through the app or your Tesla account 🧐

The only international market for Model Y that is made by Fremont is Canada. Though with NAFTA/new NAFTA Canada is essentially treated like a state, and likely falls within the same logistics network as any other region of the US.

• Informative
Reactions: elguapo
How long did it take for your car registration sticker to come in the mail after taking delivery (New york state)?

I'm still waiting almost a month later. It's in the DMV system. I wish all car registration was the same. It expires july 17th. It never took me this long before when i bought a vehicle and switched plates. I e-mailed both tesla and DMV waiting for a reply. i was under the impression that it would take 2 weeks.

Reactions: suprax
The only international market for Model Y that is made by Fremont is Canada. Though with NAFTA/new NAFTA Canada is essentially treated like a state, and likely falls within the same logistics network as any other region of the US.
Sorry for the dumb question, but you’re saying that Model Y is not sold in any other market other than Canada and China (produced in their own factory)?

Reactions: PatrickTM
SO JEALOUS!! I can't wait to have my red beauty 🤞🏻 Enjoy!

I am coming from an SR+ as well, glad to hear that the power is noticeably better. Hows it feel at the top end when overtaking on the high ways? The SR+ looses power pretty bad at highway speeds so hopefully the MY is better 🙏🏻

My LR “feels“ like it can take on anything at any speed. I get the same pushed back feeling when flooring it at 70 what most ice car feel like when just start moving from stop. One of the things I didn’t expect before I got my MY is when at a light and its one of those lights where you have 2 turn lanes but almost everyone is going to turn right soon after taking the left turn, and the left lane out out of the 2 is empty because drivers are not sure if they can make the turn that fast. Now I know I’ll just hit it and beat ‘em all to the punch, no doubt! ;)
I didn’t have that feeling even in my BMW X5. I do try to be mindful of not acting like a jerk though. I pride myself in being a courteous person, but nice knowing that there’s nothing stopping you if you do need to take quick actions.