Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto Steer is excellent for me, actually and if there are cars around, TACC seems to work well. Wipers work fine in rain, etc. For me, it’s just phantom braking that seems a lot worse than ever, but I am sure they will continue to refine it. I am amazed TACC works at all with no radar. To my knowledge, every other TACC implementation from other manufacturers involves radar. No idea how Tesla does it without two identical cameras up front. It will get better.

However, for now, it’s terrifying for passengers and my poor dog! :) And my wife keeps blaming me for poor driving.
Yeah, I have driven a 2016 Subaru and it has Eyesight, which is essentially TACC and auto steer. No radar, but with two identical cameras upfront. I have to admit that system worked quite well, zero phantom braking.

Picked up my car from Tysons Corner on Friday. Delivery went smoothly. There are a few interior issues to fix, but overall no complaints.

The headliner wasn't attached correctly and was peeling in several areas, and the glovebox won't open. I also didn't have a mobile charger in the vehicle, so I had to go inside and request one. Overall I'm loving the car!

Autopilot worked great in traffic. Took 2 hours to get from DC to the Bay Bridge (~30 miles) and autopilot made it a breeze. It worked great in slight fog on Friday night, but I ended up turning it off due to constant flashing of the auto highbeams. Really makes autopilot un-useable at night in my opinion.

Picked up my car from Tysons Corner on Friday. Delivery went smoothly. There are a few interior issues to fix, but overall no complaints.

The headliner wasn't attached correctly and was peeling in several areas, and the glovebox won't open. I also didn't have a mobile charger in the vehicle, so I had to go inside and request one. Overall I'm loving the car!

Autopilot worked great in traffic. Took 2 hours to get from DC to the Bay Bridge (~30 miles) and autopilot made it a breeze. It worked great in slight fog on Friday night, but I ended up turning it off due to constant flashing of the auto highbeams. Really makes autopilot un-useable at night in my opinion.
Man that route sucks in rush hour traffic. At least the car ride put a smile on your face.

Man that route sucks in rush hour traffic. At least the car ride put a smile on your face.
The bad thing is, it wasn't even "rush hour" yet. I left Tysons Corner a little after 1 pm. I guess everyone took a half day to get to the beach!

Interestingly enough, when we went over the bridge in the morning, they had 3 lanes going east. When returning in the afternoon, they only had 2 east-bound lanes. Seemed a bit counterintuitive.

Reactions: Cybwiz
I need to put Tesla.com down and walkaway.... woke up this morning from a 6/28 6/30 to a September. I knew it would change, and I'm hopeful it will change again. SON OF A B******************** 'grumble grumble'

MY LR | Black | Black | 20” Wheels | 5 seat | No FSD
Ordered 5/10 | Original EDD 2-10 weeks | Pickup Lynnwood WA
Current EDD 6/13-6/30, 6/13-6/23, 7/3-7/23, 7/7-7/27, September, 6/14-8/23, 6/19-6/23, September, 7/8 7/28 September 6/28 6/30, September

I need to put Tesla.com down and walkaway.... woke up this morning from a 6/28 6/30 to a September. I knew it would change, and I'm hopeful it will change again. SON OF A B******************** 'grumble grumble'

Current EDD 6/13-6/30, 6/13-6/23, 7/3-7/23, 7/7-7/27, September, 6/14-8/23, 6/19-6/23, September, 7/8 7/28 September 6/28 6/30, September

I hear you.. I have the chrome extension Distill Web monitor checking every 5 minutes for changes..

Clown said:

I hear you.. I have the chrome extension Distill Web monitor checking every 5 minutes for changes..
Another case for needing the unhappy face button...sorry to hear that!

Reactions: hcdavis3
So after going through way to many post, is there anyone here that ordered before March 28 and is still waiting for a VIN?
I ordered March 27 and am still waiting. I've had several revisions on when to expect a VIN (June 5, June 14, June 28, July 5... I'm sure you see the pattern). Just got a note that it will be pushed out further. I ordered a MSM MY LR AWD 5 Seat Black Interior with Tow Package no FSD.

I'm holding strong with September EDD. As I wait I'm getting my fix with a slow but steady drip of accessories.

Week 1: Mud flaps seem like a good idea, why not? Gotta protect it ✔️
Week 2: Screen protector? Nah, I'm probably fine with out it. But a good seat cleaner I definitely need ✔️
Week 3: Hmm trunk bins? I guess that only makes sense ✔️
Week 4: Nothing, but brighter LEDs and blacked out emblems catching my eye...
Week 5: Yeah, I probably do need that screen protector ✔️

etc...

Clown said:

Another case for needing the unhappy face button...sorry to hear that!
Clearly it’s the fault of that demonic squrrel Andrew. I am in a similar situation. When from June 30 to 7 to 11 weeks to July 7 to July 27 today.

5/16, MSM/black, 5, tow, 20, fsd - edd 7/16-8/5 for last week. After doing a little (ok hours of utube) research on FSD I added it to my order a couple of weeks ago. Don't need the "it's not worth it" speech - I get it, it's speculative investment/gamble on my part and I'm ok with that. But adding it to my existing order was really dumb. Not only will that impact VA taxes but looks like I won't be able to use a CC# to pay for it...which would at least get me 2% back. I don't see anywhere on the app for me to remove it now (would then add after delivery) Tried emailing my "assigned" SA but she's never communicated with me so not expecting any response. Anyone here been able to remove FSD from the initial order without losing your place in the (imaginary) queue?

I would say you are right about the nighttime issues, I just completed a cross country drive to the east coast, and the phantom breaking at night as well as the seizure inducing auto high-beam requirements make Auto Steer and even Cruise control unusable at night. I wish that i could at least have dumb cruise control at night and turn off the adaptive part.

Reactions: maus92 and dsandhu
5/16, MSM/black, 5, tow, 20, fsd - edd 7/16-8/5 for last week. After doing a little (ok hours of utube) research on FSD I added it to my order a couple of weeks ago. Don't need the "it's not worth it" speech - I get it, it's speculative investment/gamble on my part and I'm ok with that. But adding it to my existing order was really dumb. Not only will that impact VA taxes but looks like I won't be able to use a CC# to pay for it...which would at least get me 2% back. I don't see anywhere on the app for me to remove it now (would then add after delivery) Tried emailing my "assigned" SA but she's never communicated with me so not expecting any response. Anyone here been able to remove FSD from the initial order without losing your place in the (imaginary) queue?
FSD is tied to the car’s computer. My SA told me that in order to remove it Tesla would have to do it.