Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would if I had a car. I don’t think it would help other than just venting out. I already sold my car cos the lease was about to end and the SA promised a quick delivery in the next few days. That was more than a month back.
What pisses me off the most is that I certainly know that at least 2 people got the exact same configuration from the exact same location even though they ordered days after I did.
I think I would have cancelled order by now, bought another car from a different manufacturer and put Tesla on blast over social media and try to get your story to a media publication. My wife and I already agreed that if we don't have a black/ black model Y LR in the garage by September 1st we're cancelling the order no matter what run around we potentially get, if it comes to that.

My delivery was today. My credit union made the entire payment yesterday. Today morning EDD changed to September. The vin also got removed some time back. Delivery center not answering the phone.
Sorry to hear that.

I'm in the same boat but luckily I haven't made final payment yet. Got an email last night saying that today's delivery appt was canceled. I was able to talk to someone at the delivery center last night and this morning. Apparently, my VIN is still on the assembly line and no, they don't know when they can find a replacement for me. "Possibly 1st week in July" is when they might have an *update*.

Web site says September and VIN is gone. Horrible experience so far.

Sorry to hear that.

I'm in the same boat but luckily I haven't made final payment yet. Got an email last night saying that today's delivery appt was canceled. I was able to talk to someone at the delivery center last night and this morning. Apparently, my VIN is still on the assembly line and no, they don't know when they can find a replacement for me. "Possibly 1st week in July" is when they might have an *update*.

Web site says September and VIN is gone. Horrible experience so far.
I never received a notification for removal of the VIN. They gave me a placeholder delivery time of 30th jun 12:01am and they promised to call me today morning to schedule the final appointment. Today morning EDD showed September but I still had the VIN. An hour or so later, they pulled the vin.

I think I would have cancelled order by now, bought another car from a different manufacturer and put Tesla on blast over social media and try to get your story to a media publication. My wife and I already agreed that if we don't have a black/ black model Y LR in the garage by September 1st we're cancelling the order no matter what run around we potentially get, if it comes to that.
I am in the same boat, My order data and configuration was similar to yours except white exterior. I already sold one of my cars that is replaced my MY. I am taking delivery from Schaumberg thought. Current EDD 07/28 - 08/17. Not sure what to get thought wanted a M340I, may be that is what I might be getting.

I am in the same boat, My order data and configuration was similar to yours except white exterior. I already sold one of my cars that is replaced my MY. I am taking delivery from Schaumberg thought. Current EDD 07/28 - 08/17. Not sure what to get thought wanted a M340I, may be that is what I might be getting.
I sold my 2019 x3M to carvana in May for a tidy profit and my wife and I have been sharing her honda accord until the Tesla arrives, hopefully. The schaumburg SC is actually closer to my house but I bribed my wife to come test drive Tesla's with me by buying her another purse from neimann marcus at Northbrook court LOL!

The model Y is our baby step attempt to EV ownership. Depending on how it goes (if it happens, given all the delivery horror stories here) I ultimately want a Plaid model S or X... but we want to make sure the ownership experience is adequate before dropping major money on a tesla, I guess you can call this our Tesla test car.

If the Tesla falls through, I'm waiting for BMW to start delivering facelifted 2022 x3's to the dealerships because the online renderings are hideous to me so I hope it looks better in person. Other options are Audi SQ8/ RSQ8, Porsche macan or Cayanne.

My delivery was today. My credit union made the entire payment yesterday. Today morning EDD changed to September. The vin also got removed some time back. Delivery center not answering the phone.

Oh no, they should get their payment back. Next time you should get a certified check issued or arrange for financing to become active only when you receive the vehicle. If you take the certified check route, then you can hand it over to Tesla during delivery day.

I sold my 2019 x3M to carvana in May for a tidy profit and my wife and I have been sharing her honda accord until the Tesla arrives, hopefully. The schaumburg SC is actually closer to my house but I bribed my wife to come test drive Tesla's with me by buying her another purse from neimann marcus at Northbrook court LOL!

The model Y is our baby step attempt to EV ownership. Depending on how it goes (if it happens, given all the delivery horror stories here) I ultimately want a Plaid model S or X... but we want to make sure the ownership experience is adequate before dropping major money on a tesla, I guess you can call this our Tesla test car.

If the Tesla falls through, I'm waiting for BMW to start delivering facelifted 2022 x3's to the dealerships because the online renderings are hideous to me so I hope it looks better in person. Other options are Audi SQ8/ RSQ8, Porsche macan or Cayanne.
RSQ8 looks pretty sharp. We did test drive the Mecan and my wife liked it but as my work is setting up free chargers and pushing for EV's I said my not give it a try.

Reactions: ajs847
I placed my order (MYLR 5 white/white no tow, FSD) on 4/27 to lock in pricing but put it on hold right away.
Removed the hold 2 weeks ago and got a VIN 1 day later. I was so surprised and wasn't able to finalize my financing in time so I lost that VIN:-(
Last week I finalized my financing and got another VIN right away with delivery no later than 6/30. I'm on a business trip this week so can't pick it up before end of quarter, so this VIN was removed too...
I feel so bad for all of you not getting a VIN and I got 2 within a couple of days but couldn't get my s**t together to actually pick it up:-(
Now it says September again and I'm refreshing my browser like every 30min...

Hope Tesla sends some MY's to the mid west soon...

I placed my order (MYLR 5 white/white no tow, FSD) on 4/27 to lock in pricing but put it on hold right away.
Removed the hold 2 weeks ago and got a VIN 1 day later. I was so surprised and wasn't able to finalize my financing in time so I lost that VIN:-(
Last week I finalized my financing and got another VIN right away with delivery no later than 6/30. I'm on a business trip this week so can't pick it up before end of quarter, so this VIN was removed too...
I feel so bad for all of you not getting a VIN and I got 2 within a couple of days but couldn't get my s**t together to actually pick it up:-(
Now it says September again and I'm refreshing my browser like every 30min...

Hope Tesla sends some MY's to the mid west soon...
I hope they send some soon as well

Reactions: vvkp and ajs847
Oh no, they should get their payment back. Next time you should get a certified check issued or arrange for financing to become active only when you receive the vehicle. If you take the certified check route, then you can hand it over to Tesla during delivery day.
They likely will not accept a certified check from a personal account, but would accept a bank check. The easiest way to control your funds is to bring a personal check to the delivery appointment, then institute an EFT either using Plaid or the routing number and account number on your check.

BTW, Sentry mode seems to be working better with the new software update released today.

They likely will not accept a certified check from a personal account, but would accept a bank check. The easiest way to control your funds is to bring a personal check to the delivery appointment, then institute an EFT either using Plaid or the routing number and account number on your check.

BTW, Sentry mode seems to be working better with the new software update released today.
MY SA said they will accept a bank cashier's check or I can pay balance via EFT when I see it in front of me. I already gave the guy an earful about not asking me to pay until I see my car in front of me when he brought up paying when the online portal asks for it, I told him a snowball has a better chance than for them to get more money from me before I take delivery.

Reactions: und2000 and vvkp
A used MY just showed up, white in Utah. One unit total for all of the USA.
There are just no MY's around for sale, I would guess Q3 is sold out or will be really soon.
evtsla1.png

I see four inventory models, 1 brand new and 3 demos' for sale. If the MYP in indy had less than 50 miles I'd possibly ask my SA about that.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Thank you, sir. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Some days it seems to be working just fine and other days it’s a little wonky. I’m using a SanDisk microSD reader and High Endurance microSDXC card which have solid marks from other Tesla owners so I don’t think that’s the issue.

And mostly I didn’t want to post a new comment in another thread and risk looking like an idiot. :oops:
Checked today @casey1202 and dash am is working as expected. So is Sentry Mode now! I did the update to .10 this morning. Using a Samsung T7 500gb SSD mainly to protect against the zillion overwrites that will kill the usb flash drive Tesla provides.

How did you get your money back? My entire payment went as a check from my credit union. Tesla will receive the check today and they have already removed the vin assigned to me
So, caveat is it took three weeks. But, Tesla did wire me the money back and eventually repaid the loan in full to Alliant CU before first interest payment. I connected with the Delivery Experience Manager in my area as he was the one to call and give me the bad news. I said I wanted my money back and he started the process being the scenes. It took forever, and I had to stay on top of them, but it got back to me. Just in time to leave my account two weeks later for the inventory car I bought!

If you call the credit union now, they can stop payment on the check. I was adamant I wouldn’t pay interest on a loan I didn’t need for a car I didn’t have!

I hear ya! I ordered April 7th. Last update I got from my SA was that I got booted to mid July (and at this point, I didn't have much faith in that date). I'd bet real money that they couldn't get me my car by end of quarter so they gave my spot in line to someone closer. Luckily my SA pulled thru and found my exact config across state, so I drove out and got it this past weekend!

I'm very happy with my choice to go with an inventory car. I'd highly recommend anyone at their wit's end with waiting, to consider the same. You may have to expand your search area and be willing to travel a bit, but I'd honestly say it's worth it. Also see if your SA can help in the hunt.

My personal experience: if the inventory car has FSD but your order doesn't, they can easily remove it. If the inventory car is the exact config you ordered (irregardless of FSD) your order price will be honored. However, if the inventory car is different in any way (color, interior, tow, etc...) you'll have to pay current price.

Best of luck everyone! The wait is brutal - I would know - but it starts to become a distant memory once you finally "get the keys" 😉
I second this!

Got my car within a week after I found it in inventory. The inventory car was exact configuration PLUS tow....my SA honored the price and just added the tow to the total.

I financed the car and just added the price of the tow to the down payment so I don't mess with the loan amount and terms. SA advised this because if I changed my loan amount, it would have to go back to their finance dept.

Checked today @casey1202 and dash am is working as expected. So is Sentry Mode now! I did the update to .10 this morning. Using a Samsung T7 500gb SSD mainly to protect against the zillion overwrites that will kill the usb flash drive Tesla provides.
Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. I noticed the update was ready to download this morning when I dropped my Y off at the SC so I’m guessing it will come back with it installed. Hopefully sentry mode is good to go!

I almost went with the T7 but read some concerns about it being impacted by the heat we have here in the south. Looks like the High Endurance SD cards are better in those environments.