Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster, long time thread viewer.

MYLR black paint/black int/5 seat ordered 05/15

EDD has been holding steady at 07/11 - 07/31.

fingers crossed it doesn’t continue to slide back!

I ordered same day, also SLC, and similar EDD 🤞
I'm in the Salt Lake Valley as well and I have the exact same EDD of July 11-31. I hope this is a good sign that they are serious about getting a truck out to us in that time frame.
White on Black, 7 seater with Tow, induction wheels. Ordered June 1st.

Reactions: dsandhu and md99
The site has been really wonky the last few days. XD I tried to setup a test drive for a Model Y and got a blank list. Supposedly they sold *everything* including the test cars.

There are two Model Ys in Pasadena available for test drives. I saw them yesterday.

RT

PXL_20210703_180023002.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the Salt Lake Valley as well and I have the exact same EDD of July 11-31. I hope this is a good sign that they are serious about getting a truck out to us in that time frame.
White on Black, 7 seater with Tow, induction wheels. Ordered June 1st.
That does seem like a good sign…and thankfully neither of you have the same options as me so I don’t have to view you as competition. ;)

The site has been really wonky the last few days. XD I tried to setup a test drive for a Model Y and got a blank list. Supposedly they sold *everything* including the test cars.
Thats normal at the end of the Q... they unload everything they can to increase their delivery numbers. People often report they are unable to get test drives at the start of a new Q due to no cars to drive LOL

I am glad that Tesla is not in charge of Christmas. First we would all be told that it is on December 25. Then we would be given 12/25 to 12/31 for Christmas.
Then we would see just “March,” but told not to pay attention to that and it would definitely be before the end of the year.
Then it would be January 3-31.
Then just “March” again.
If you ask the elves at the SC when Santa might actually arrive, they would say they tried to ping him, but no response, “maybe he’s got his transponder off.”
So keep Tesla away from Christmas, since they can’t even get us our cars!

If I want delivery in November/December... should I be ordering now? My SA said I need to order end of September, but based on everyone's stories, that might not get me one by the end of the year.
It's complicated. Orders got backed up this spring and thousands of Model Ys and Model 3s were filling Tesla lots and not being delivered. This was (most likely) because of a shortage of radar parts. Then there was a wait as Tesla had to provide a software fix for "vision only" cars that don't have radar. After that, the floodgates burst and Tesla was delivering cars like crazy, ending up with record sales for Q2 (which ended June 30th). It seems obvious that some unfortunate people got bumped from the queue as Tesla pushed to maximize Q2 sales. Essentially, cars that were scheduled for early July deliver were diverted to people who may have ordered much later but lived where the car could be delivered in June. Or something like that. Or Tesla was being terribly capricious.

Things are still a bit crazy and some people have had to wait a very long time for their car (some even after being given a vin GRRR). I think it should get back to normal in a few months but that's assuming demand doesn't skyrocket. My guess is your SA is right and if you ordered now you would probably get your car in September or October or sooner. If nothing else wacky happens I expect the wait to get shorter and to get more consistent. Your SA is saying to expect a 2 to 3 month delay if you order in September. This sounds very reasonable.

It's complicated. Orders got backed up this spring and thousands of Model Ys and Model 3s were filling Tesla lots and not being delivered. This was (most likely) because of a shortage of radar parts. Then there was a wait as Tesla had to provide a software fix for "vision only" cars that don't have radar. After that, the floodgates burst and Tesla was delivering cars like crazy, ending up with record sales for Q2 (which ended June 30th). It seems obvious that some unfortunate people got bumped from the queue as Tesla pushed to maximize Q2 sales. Essentially, cars that were scheduled for early July deliver were diverted to people who may have ordered much later but lived where the car could be delivered in June. Or something like that. Or Tesla was being terribly capricious.

Things are still a bit crazy and some people have had to wait a very long time for their car (some even after being given a vin GRRR). I think it should get back to normal in a few months but that's assuming demand doesn't skyrocket. My guess is your SA is right and if you ordered now you would probably get your car in September or October or sooner. If nothing else wacky happens I expect the wait to get shorter and to get more consistent. Your SA is saying to expect a 2 to 3 month delay if you order in September. This sounds very reasonable.
I agree with @BitJam. This thread along with Delivery on Hold Until July? prompted me to order in late May for end of August. It’s been a roller coaster, but will give reasonable probability for a car at that time without holding. @suprax and @sgalla04 can comment on the hold experiences they’ve had.