Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday we moved back to Sept 7-30th but today it moved back to Sept 03 - 30th. Only like the third time my EDD has moved closer lol. My husband is really hoping ours will be one with bioweapon defense mode. I want 4680 he want's that. I have a feeling he's gonna win lol.
I keep hearing about the 4680 here. It’s supposed to be a denser battery pak right? What would the range increase be?

6/24 order. White/black/20"/5 seat

bumped back to August 20 - September 9

we had two occurrences this past weekend that made me mildly regret not going with the 7 seats. But I think it was an anomoly and it isnt worth adjusting the order to be waiting longer, and paying higher pricing.

I keep hearing about the 4680 here. It’s supposed to be a denser battery pak right? What would the range increase be?
afaik it should be a denser pack with fewer cells. The cells are also a key part of the structure of the car. Should feel more stiff and solid because we will also be moving to the front casting as well as the rear. The range will depend on the KWh rating and usable amount of Kwh's. I'm guessing ~100kwh - 140Kwh on LR/Per. Which would equate to ~375 -450 miles. all of this is napkin math and educated guessing so don't put much stock into it lmao. The big advantage I am excited about isn't really range because I have a feeling the packs are going to stay smaller, and cheaper, and they will build more chargers. V3 is currently 250 KW, but their stickers say they're rated for 400KW. The new cells "tabless" design should allow for energy to just be dumped into them without many of the thermal issues of current batteries. So I think that they will be able to charge much closer to a gas fuel stop now, but even at 250KW from the videos I've seen doesn't seem like its a lot of time either.

Ugh. Had an EDD of 07/13-07/31 for weeks. This morning it’s been updated to 08/07 - 08/27

Order/profile complete date of 05/15. This is getting to be beyond the 4 - 11 weeks I was originally quoted. Pretty frustrated
Don't worry too much. After my EDD stabilized at 6/14-6/30, the car was delivered 5/30 i.e. 2-4 weeks earlier than the EDD.

Same exact configuration, SoCal area too. Called my SA yesterday and she said that my EDD window July 9-28 shows it'll be more like July 15-16. I don't believe anything they say anymore tbh, I ordered 4/30 lol. So incredibly unacceptable. Meanwhile there's people on the east coast that have been getting their MYLR 2-4 weeks after order. Almost 10 weeks and no VIN here smh
Update: Tesla Home Delivery scheduled 7/14/21 at 10AM in LA area. Thought I would be over it and not excited... turns out I'm still really hyped. Lol. Hopefully the rest of the April orders are delivered this week!

Honestly I’m not sure where I’d find that. I looked around the app for a minute and didn’t see it. I went to the Tesla store and simply purchased one without an appointment.
Congrats on your new Y. It sounds like you may have purchased an inventory car. If so, it could have been built very recently or a couple of months ago. The build date is on a plaque located on the frame on the driver’s side, where you’d normally look for tire PSI. Top left corner of the plaque will show month and year the car was built.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hmm the Tesla site doesn’t appear to show Model Y with HEPA filter feature like they do for the S and X
It’ll take them a few months after rolling out new hardware before they update the website. If someone orders a new car now, there’s a chance they receive a vehicle already manufactured and in the logistics chain without the new hw. So they need to time to clear out the new existing builds.

Reactions: und2000
Yeah me too... cuz at this point I may have to reject the VIN and wait for another... I mean its already been over two months at this point so what's another two to get something positive out of it all
That would be tempting. But getting a 21Q3 car already means you have features that a 21Q1 car did not have. By the time your 21Q4 car arrives you could talk yourself into skipping it and waiting for a 22Q1 car based on leaks and rumors of all the goodies coming out of Texas.

• Funny
Reactions: Yankees and ajs847
@bet_america and @cgell looks like from posts this morning we are in the same club with VIN225XXX and EDD September. I'm really curious about why we are still in limbo. I pinged my SA this morning via e-mail and will share if there are any actionable updates. I'm imaging they build cars and blocked in the older ones in a back corner of the lot, but who knows...

That would be tempting. But getting a 21Q3 car already means you have features that a 21Q1 car did not have. By the time your 21Q4 car arrives you could talk yourself into skipping it and waiting for a 22Q1 car based on leaks and rumors of all the goodies coming out of Texas.
Agree, no point playing the guessing game. Tesla seems to constantly update their builds on the run. Luckily tesla sends constant over the air updates so I'll take what I get!

Reactions: PatrickTM
@bet_america and @cgell looks like from posts this morning we are in the same club with VIN225XXX and EDD September. I'm really curious about why we are still in limbo. I pinged my SA this morning via e-mail and will share if there are any actionable updates. I'm imaging they build cars and blocked in the older ones in a back corner of the lot, but who knows...
I was told that the car was built and awaiting shipment and that EDD would update after shipment.

So got the update from my SA just now... the MY is out of the factory and making its way through AL right now. Should be to the SC on the 25th.
Update: Tesla Home Delivery scheduled 7/14/21 at 10AM in LA area. Thought I would be over it and not excited... turns out I'm still really hyped. Lol. Hopefully the rest of the April orders are delivered this week!
AWESOME!!! You'll have to let us know if you've got bio mode! also, what's your VIN #?