Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s another update on ours!
We got our vin about a week ago, edd was 7/13-7/22. We went and finalized our loan today at the bank to get the check to give at time of pickup.

Now all of a sudden the vin is gone and the EDD shows October!!! Anyone has this happen? We have a check sitting in our car!
oh man, I am so sorry to hear... yeah a bunch of us had it happen at the end of Q2... its a complete gut punch I know. I had a delivery pickup scheduled and two days before it they took my VIN away to give it to someone they could complete before end of Q2 for the #

Well, good news is I ordered my white on white Model Y LR 19 today. The bad news is I just clicked through accepting the default options and selected Tyco in Virginia as my delivery location--it was the suggested location closest to me--but in fact I live in Maryland. Being military lots of time state differences don't matter to me, but in buying a car they do and it just didn't click for me! I don't want to buy it in Virginia--taxes are higher, if I 'import' the car to Maryland I need an inspection, they'd give me temp tags, all that mess. So has anybody had to change a delivery location? I can't do it in the app, can a Tesla guy do it with a few clicks or am I stuck? I wont really be stuck, worst case I'll just cancel, eat the $100, and reorder for delivery in Maryland. But is this fixable? I assume it is, but you never know.
Call your SA and they can change the delivery location. I’m military as well and working with my SA to pick up in NJ rather than MA to apply WA state military benefits.

• Informative
Reactions: moe0059
They can change it (if it's even shown as available). But my understanding is you pay taxes based on where it's registered. I can't go to a 0% sales tax state and buy a car and avoid CA sales tax. They should charge you sales taxes based on your address/county/city/state. Not where you pick the car up from.
Correct but note that OP is military, meaning OP has the choice of registering the car in home state (home of record) or current duty location state.

WA state active duty residents stationed outside of the state of WA can purchase a car out of state, delivered outside of WA state, and pay zero tax if registering in their home state, assuming they are WA resident.

We got our vin about a week ago, edd was 7/13-7/22. We went and finalized our loan today at the bank to get the check to give at time of pickup.

Now all of a sudden the vin is gone and the EDD shows October!!! Anyone has this happen? We have a check sitting in our car!
Unfortunately in the same boat. Logged in tonight as VINless and EDD October

I unfortunately did this on my first VIN. Credit union took the check back and closed out the loan.

I heard if it’s something small they will send out a mobile ranger but if it’s a big fix then they will pay to have the car shipped to Oahu. I’m kinda nervous about this because I have to accept delivery and final payment before I even see the car so if there are any big issues it’s gonna be a pain.
We don’t have a ton of Tesla’s here yet because we have a horrible charging network and zero superchargers so most people use home charging with solar panels.
Since you can’t drive too far on any one island, lack of superchargers isn’t too big of a deal? Just curious how much a gallon of gas is or a kW of electricity is.
I live in Ohio. I paid $3.09 for gas today. My electric is about $0.14/kW.

Found this on FB and was too good not to share with the crew here.
415D7BB2-D9D1-4D19-AFB3-5524AE71ACAD.jpeg

Since you can’t drive too far on any one island, lack of superchargers isn’t too big of a deal? Just curious how much a gallon of gas is or a kW of electricity is.
I'll bite on this...

Electricity per kwh is more than I pay with a net metered rate in NC at over $0.32 (yikes! My on-peak rate is $0.17, off-peak is just over $0.08!).

Gas looks like it's hovering around $3.90.

Need to see what practical watts/mile on the big island is before finishing discussion...

Source: Electric Rates by State (June 2021) – Electric Choice

I have the exact same build ordered 5/13 (Colorado w/estimated 5-12 week delivery) currently saying EDD 7/16-8/6 but every time I get close it moves a week out. Very frustrating but I’m trying to stay positive until we reach the original quoted ‘max’ 12-week mark. Then I will go ballistic. 😀
Damn, mine jumped this morning from 7/23-8/11 to 8/9-8/29
Well bad news, my earliest EDD was THIS next Monday (7/19) and then this Monday it changed to Sept. 7th and today it says OCTOBER!!! Ordering May 13th for an October delivery is really, really disappointing. I know there isn’t anything we can do but it’s disappointing. With the electrical upgrade to my garage and all the accessories I have quite a bit of money into this and just really want the vehicle. Such a bummer......

Reactions: und2000
Well bad news, my earliest EDD was THIS next Monday (7/19) and then this Monday it changed to Sept. 7th and today it says OCTOBER!!! Ordering May 13th for an October delivery is really, really disappointing. I know there isn’t anything we can do but it’s disappointing. With the electrical upgrade to my garage and all the accessories I have quite a bit of money into this and just really want the vehicle. Such a bummer......
On the same boat. And already sold my car and don’t want any other car. We got this just a little more.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Gas is currently $4.13 last time I filled up and our electricity is $.36 per kw. Our last electric bill was $364 😢 thankfully solar is being installed mid august.

Reactions: Crew Dragon