Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got our second vin taken from us within the last week. Talked to the guys in Buena Park and he said it’s common for people to get a VIN taken away because things get changed on the cars at the end of production. Basically got told to keep waiting.

I think I’m gonna cancel my order. Two vins gone, two delivery dates passed, and a lot of frustration. 4/16 order date.
I can't believe you ordered in April and haven't gotten your car yet. There are some late June orders and even a July on this thread about to get theirs!

What a rollercoaster! Good thing they picked it up before you arrived. Is it something they can fix with a service appointment so you can pickup sooner?
we were supposed to receive a call back about how bad it is. We have not yet. I am giving them 24 hours before I call. It's either good enough to buff it out or it is bad enough to replace the entire panel. if they tell us it will be a good month or more before we actually see the car, I am strongly considering canceling.

Reactions: Ryano90
I doubt it makes you feel better but I'm a 6/20 order in CA, only difference in our configs appears to be the 3rd row. I agree, it makes no sense LO
I doubt it makes you feel better but I'm a 6/20 order in CA, only difference in our configs appears to be the 3rd row. I agree, it makes no sense LOL
I appreciate the thought. One of the reasons I don’t feel as bad is because of the stories I keep reading about people waiting since February, March, April etc. I don’t think I could wait 6+ months for a car that was promised in half that time. As much as I want it I couldn’t stand for that. And then to lose my VIN multiple times just seems like torture.

On the same boat. And already sold my car and don’t want any other car. We got this just a little more.
Another thing that is crap is that if you go to the Tesla site and build a new car they are quoting a delivery of 4 - 8 weeks? WTH, that would be quicker than what they are saying my new EDD is that was ordered May 13th??? Still hoping the website is broken and I get a text soon that I can schedule pick up.

Reactions: und2000
Another thing that is crap is that if you go to the Tesla site and build a new car they are quoting a delivery of 4 - 8 weeks? WTH, that would be quicker than what they are saying my new EDD is that was ordered May 13th??? Still hoping the website is broken and I get a text soon that I can schedule pick up.
Well if they said 4 months would anyone buy :) Bait and switch.

weird I just checked the site it says October.

Forgive me if that was already discussed, but can anybody see the order status or is able to watch the driving turorials on the Tesla app prior to delivery?
I just see that and can't do anything but log out. View attachment 684427
You can’t do anything from the app while you’re waiting, but you can review the videos from your order page at the web site.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I try to keep up on this thread....

Be sure to confirm your manufacturer/financial arm (Honda, GM, Ford, etc.) will allow you to trade in or sell to a 3rd party (e.g. Tesla, Carmax, etc.). I'm coming from an Acura and was all set in my profile to trade-in and had positive equity, but now Honda/Acura are blocking all 3rd parties. Also my EDD is still October and I wonder how to remove my trade-in from my profile...
I got a text from Telsa today removing my Honda trade-in from the previously completed steps, but it didn't impact my EDD. I also can not see any mention of a trade-in on my account (which I expected since they can't accept it).

My SA also reached out to give me the heads up. He confirmed an expected August delivery.

I got a text from Telsa today removing my Honda trade-in from the previously completed steps, but it didn't impact my EDD. I also can not see any mention of a trade-in on my account (which I expected since they can't accept it).

My SA also reached out to give me the heads up. He confirmed an expected August delivery.acura
yep was all set to sell my acura lease to Vroom until they (honda/acura) pulled the rug out (the Tesla offer was terrible). Now I'm stuck with Honda and Acura dealers where ill be lucky to get a few hundred If anything.

Called the SA and she said the VIN was removed because I changed the payment terms from Cash to Tesla financing and that I didn't complete the credit application. I was waiting for the delivery date to complete the credit application, so that I don't have to re-apply if Tesla takes over 60 days..
Are you still going to get that VIN or is that one gone gone, and you are back in line again?

Tyson has not impressed me at all. Zero contact from them, I've called several times during business hours, haven’t gotten anybody to answer, left messages, no return call.
I feel like they think im the fat kid that eats hair and boogers and smells like if yankee candle had a “Someone Left the Cheese Out For a Few Weeks”
I will say that my SA does email me back when I email him. It may take him a day or two, but I do get a response.

Thanks! Wish I knew about the financing part. Already past the 60 days, gonna have to run my credit again. Whenever vin pops up.
I’m glad I came on here and read the threads before going to test drive. My SA tried to get me to apply for financing and I told him no because I read too many post about people’s approvals expiring and then they had to run their credit again.

Reactions: JR9386 and und2000
I ordered the white MY LR AWD on 4/30. Initially scheduled for delivery in early to mid June, then got pushed back to July 12-28. Then last week it got pushed back to Sept 15-30. To date I never had an SA reach out to me on the order. Once I saw the Sept. date I called Buena Park, and they looked at my profile and said it was a "system refresh" but according to their internal computer it should be here by the end of July.

I am hoping it comes no later than early August, but based on what I'm reading not holding my breath. Although I have seen a few people post about the EDD being useless because they got deliveries prior to whatever their EDD date stated. But somehow it seems Socal is getting the short end of the stick with the MY deliveries, which is crazy since there is a factory in California. I'm seeing lots of out of state people ordered in late May and June getting their deliveries recently.
Can't wait to get the MY but beyond frustrated with this delivery process.