Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from picking up my MY!
Got the call earlier today that it was ready and even though I had appt to pick it up on Sunday, they asked if I wanted to come pick it up today. Duh! Headed out the door as quick as possible.
Got to the service center here in San Antonio. I've never been to service center, never drove a Tesla, never even sat in one!
The experience was awesome!!! My car was sitting out in front ready to go. Had a big Congratulations (my name here) sign hanging from the rear view mirror.
I talked to several of the guys inside, all were super friendly and helpful. SA did a quick overview, helped setup phone, etc then she was all mine
Took a bit to get used to the driving, accelerator, not using brake, etc.
I am 100000% converted! Cannot wait until the Cybertruck comes along next.

I hope each of you gets your VIN soon!!!

I did ask the SA about the craziness and he said one thing Tesla did was pay attention to the demand and ramped up deliveries earlier this quarter than usual. Hopefully things will be more consistent and smooth going forward. They know it's only going to get worse for them once the X's and S's and Cybertrucks, and Roadsters start rolling in.

IMG-2763.jpg

you need to think based upon cities, states, where it is.
Based on your location, you are looking at an end of quarter push car. And others will tell you, color, city, state and order date don't really matter to Tesla. We have all seen how their logistics throws all that out the window, especially toward the end of the quarter.

How it will probably work, based on last quarter. You will see orders be fulfilled based on their unknown logistics algorithm, in July and August, hence why we are seeing people all over see movement. Then at the beginning of September you will see a push for the east coast and central us. Then mid-September you will see all east coast and central orders stall out and all west coast orders go off. You will also see a bunch of cars hit the inventory about mid September. And there will be exceptions, like an order being reassigned due to multiple reasons.

Obviously, this all speculative and could be completely wrong, but that is what happened last quarter and there are still way too many April and May orders out there to think that June and July orders have a good chance of being fulfilled before September. Will I be bummed that I don't get one before September, hell yeah because Tesla set a different expectation with their EDDs, but judging by history I wouldn't be surprised that there are a good amount of June and July orders waiting in October.

Not trying to bring anyone down, just trying to do Tesla's job on setting realistic expectations.

Last edited:
Got the call earlier today that it was ready and even though I had appt to pick it up on Sunday, they asked if I wanted to come pick it up today. Duh! Headed out the door as quick as possible.
Got to the service center here in San Antonio. I've never been to service center, never drove a Tesla, never even sat in one!
The experience was awesome!!! My car was sitting out in front ready to go. Had a big Congratulations (my name here) sign hanging from the rear view mirror.
I talked to several of the guys inside, all were super friendly and helpful. SA did a quick overview, helped setup phone, etc then she was all mine

I did ask the SA about the craziness and he said one thing Tesla did was pay attention to the demand and ramped up deliveries earlier this quarter than usual. Hopefully things will be more consistent and smooth going forward. They know it's only going to get worse for them once the X's and S's and Cybertrucks, and Roadsters start rolling in.

View attachment 687428
Looks beautiful! Glad to see you get it early, rest easy now!!

Reactions: Sabercoug
This is weird. I logged into my dash to see that I now have a "review agreements" box with a disabled blue button. This is strange since from what I've heard this comes AFTER you received your VIN, which I have yet not.

For people who are curious:
Order date: 05/24 EDD: Aug. 6 - Aug. 22
MYLR 5 seat white/white/19 inch/no tow/no fsd

This is weird. I logged into my dash to see that I now have a "review agreements" box with a disabled blue button. This is strange since from what I've heard this comes AFTER you received your VIN, which I have yet not.

For people who are curious:
Order date: 05/24 EDD: Aug. 6 - Aug. 22
MYLR 5 seat white/white/19 inch/no tow/no fsd
you are not alone.. just ignore as it doesn't mean anything until you get a VIN

Reactions: joewithblueMY

View attachment 687428
she's beautiful!! enjoy! don't forget to check in on us still waiting for ours!

Reactions: Sabercoug

View attachment 687428

How is the build quality and did you happen to find any issues?

Based on your location, you are looking at an end of quarter push car. And others will tell you, color, city, state and order date don't really matter to Tesla. We have all seen how their logistics throws all that out the window, especially toward the end of the quarter.

How it will probably work, based on last quarter. You will see orders be fulfilled based on their unknown logistics algorithm, in July and August, hence why we are seeing people all over see movement. Then at the beginning of September you will see a push for the east coast and central us. Then mid-September you will see all east coast and central orders stall out unless and all west coast orders go off. You will also see a bunch of cars hit the inventory about mid September. And there will be exceptions, like an order being reassigned due to multiple reasons.

Obviously, this all speculative and could be completely wrong, but that is what happened last quarter and there are still way too many April and May orders out there to think that June and July orders have a good chance of being fulfilled before September. Will I be bummed that I don't get one before September, hell yeah because Tesla set a different expectation with their EDDs, but judging by history I wouldn't be surprised that there are a good amount of June and July orders waiting in October.

Not trying to bring anyone down, just trying to do Tesla's job on setting realistic expectations.
somebody flag this post and put it at the top of this entire thread.

THIS... this was so well written and explains the whole thing. Agree 1000%... while I'm excited that I might get mine on time this quarter, I've been lurking here and participating long enough to know that these EDD's are not written in stone and just because we put down $100 does it guarantee a car on time. i'm probably 25% excited that i'll get it next month but 75% accepting that most likely it'll be sept-oct or even later.