Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little more positivity here - I am personally extremely impressed that Tesla has not added on a LOT more cost during this time of supply chain issues. I went to a local Ford dealer yesterday and they have *8 cars* - 4 trucks and 4 lower end SUVs. They are charging $5000 'scarcity markup' on all of their inventory. We are extremely lucky to be dealing with a company that's trying to keep on chugging rather than taking advantage of us, except maybe in timing. My 2c.
You know the cost of the model LRY is up like $5k in the past 10 weeks?

A little more positivity here - I am personally extremely impressed that Tesla has not added on a LOT more cost during this time of supply chain issues. I went to a local Ford dealer yesterday and they have *8 cars* - 4 trucks and 4 lower end SUVs. They are charging $5000 'scarcity markup' on all of their inventory. We are extremely lucky to be dealing with a company that's trying to keep on chugging rather than taking advantage of us, except maybe in timing. My 2c.
I love Tesla, I am a shareholder, and wish the company nothing but huge success. But let’s be clear - they’ve faced some unprecedented challenges and their response has not always been to put customers experience first. The delivery experience in particular can be extremely variable based on the quality of your DS, and price has gone up by $4,000 since March for the LR Model Y. Not to mention removal of hardware (passenger lumbar adj, radar, etc.)

I think they’re doing impressive work, yes. And traditional dealership experience sucks, yes. But it’s not all rainbows and sunshine here at Tesla either. I think they have room to improve, and most employees are passionate about improving!

Hi all,
New to this forum and the thread. We ordered our MYLR April 6th, no VIN yet and EDD says 8/17-8/29 (has moved beyond count at this point). We are in the Seattle area. Our SA has no answers and has been worse than useless. Pretty sure its going to go into September at this point. The best part is we are without a car while we wait and are seeing pretty much everyone who has ordered after us get deliveries. I haven't gone through the entire thread, but if anyone has thoughts on why we are still stuck would appreciate it.

Hi all,
New to this forum and the thread. We ordered our MYLR April 6th, no VIN yet and EDD says 8/17-8/29 (has moved beyond count at this point). We are in the Seattle area. Our SA has no answers and has been worse than useless. Pretty sure its going to go into September at this point. The best part is we are without a car while we wait and are seeing pretty much everyone who has ordered after us get deliveries. I haven't gone through the entire thread, but if anyone has thoughts on why we are still stuck would appreciate it.
Did you complete your profile on 4/6 because the submission date likely starts your queue placement and not the order date. Other than that, people may guess if it has to do with what specs you selected, distance from the Fremont factory, and the chip shortage...no one knows and the EDDs are not reliable (even if given by an SA).

Reactions: CharlesCastle
Ordered my MY on Friday. SA gave me the advice to push it through as cash and then add my insurance details and said to be ready. Of course, he could have just been pushing to hit week-end sales numbers, but I literally don't care because my goal would still be to move as quickly down the funnel as possible.

That being said, there's no EDD, no VIN (as expected) and judging by my last experience getting the M3 in 2 days (7/16/21 - 7/18/21) my hope is that I'll move further up the queue since I'm waiting on delivery vs. still needing financing, or a trade, but expect absolutely nothing. This model is far too popular to pin hopes on a quick turnaround.

Chances are I'll be waiting until November, regardless. Nothing special about me and no reason to believe a recent order could deliver faster than those that ordered in May but it's fun to try (and dream) ;)

You know the cost of the model LRY is up like $5k in the past 10 weeks?

I love Tesla, I am a shareholder, and wish the company nothing but huge success. But let’s be clear - they’ve faced some unprecedented challenges and their response has not always been to put customers experience first. The delivery experience in particular can be extremely variable based on the quality of your DS, and price has gone up by $4,000 since March for the LR Model Y. Not to mention removal of hardware (passenger lumbar adj, radar, etc.)

I think they’re doing impressive work, yes. And traditional dealership experience sucks, yes. But it’s not all rainbows and sunshine here at Tesla either. I think they have room to improve, and most employees are passionate about improving!
The price has gone up a lot, but the way I see it is like dealerships and manufacturers doing incentives. I am just going to use Ford in this example, but you are going to see the price of a mustang fluctuate throughout the year just based on the incentives that they always have going on. And it is just harder to spot. But with Tesla I thing it is because they always offer the bottom dollar and no negotiation, so it is just more noticeable. And also the price changes happen randomly without warning with Tesla, where with Ford they have Memorial Day, Labor Day, end of the year etc.

But that does go into part of the customer service experience issues with Tesla. They communicate nothing and if they do it is a tweet from Elon and most of the time Elon’s timelines are off.

I am probably wrong in thinking the price changes as incentives from other dealers but that is always how I have seen them as, but the prices weren’t jumping 5k over weeks.

**Edit: I just wanted to add the when the Model Y originally went on sale last year it was priced at $52,990. So that is why I always thought of the price changes as dealers giving incentives.
As a shareholder as well, I really hope they figure out the delivery experience and figure out how to communicate better as a company, maybe a PR department?

Last edited:
Did you complete your profile on 4/6 because the submission date likely starts your queue placement and not the order date. Other than that, people may guess if it has to do with what specs you selected, distance from the Fremont factory, and the chip shortage...no one knows and the EDDs are not reliable (even if given by an SA).
What is considered a completed profile? Payment info?

What's a complete profile exactly? We were told to finish the payment method closer to initial delivery so we did it mid May

Ordered my MY on Friday. SA gave me the advice to push it through as cash and then add my insurance details and said to be ready. Of course, he could have just been pushing to hit week-end sales numbers, but I literally don't care because my goal would still be to move as quickly down the funnel as possible.

That being said, there's no EDD, no VIN (as expected) and judging by my last experience getting the M3 in 2 days (7/16/21 - 7/18/21) my hope is that I'll move further up the queue since I'm waiting on delivery vs. still needing financing, or a trade, but expect absolutely nothing. This model is far too popular to pin hopes on a quick turnaround.

Chances are I'll be waiting until November, regardless. Nothing special about me and no reason to believe a recent order could deliver faster than those that ordered in May but it's fun to try (and dream) ;)
How do you put in your insurance details when you don't have a VIN yet?

Long time lurker here. The SO owns a M3 LR from 9/2018; it got EAP as a freebie and currently has the FSD upgrade and 3rd gen computer.
The daughter unit is buying the Other Car, a 2010 Prius. So, the SO and I are going for a M3LR.
Ordered the MY LR on 6/29/2021. Estimated delivery date was 8/25-9/15. And then..
New Jersey passes a bill. If the car was ordered on 7/1/2021 or later, one gets a NJ Clean Energy rebate of $2k, taken off the price of the car at delivery.
In early July, talked to two separate Tesla types, one at the local Service Center, one in CA. Both agree: Order a separate MYLR, right then, same options. When the first gets a VIN, do some interesting funning around with the orders, get the VIN'd car assigned to the second order, cancel the first order, and pay the $100 order fee. Still up by $1900 which is better than a poke in the eye. And one gets the car on the newer delivery date.. I think.
So, got two MY LR's on order, no VINs yet, natch. The estimated delivery date has been moving around in lockstep for both cars. Earliest date moved gradually from 8/25 to 8/5 (!) which got us busy moving money around. Then the earliest date moved back to 8/25, then 8/29, and now it's 9/2. Over the past couple of days it's gone back one day per day. The second car has moved with the first, in lockstep.
I'm thinking with the moving backwards stuff that they might be having issues getting cars put together, but what do I know 😁.
A lot more entertaining than ordering the Model 3.

How do you put in your insurance details when you don't have a VIN yet?
That's what I asked the SA, and he just said "add your current insurance, anyway". So I did. There's already a Tesla on that policy (not the Model Y, obviously) and now I'm just waiting with the grayed out blue Review button like everyone else.

My guess is he'll have me update my proof of Insurance to the MY VIN before or during the delivery window where they have 3 days. IDK, that's just what he asked me to do.

MY7.png

Hi all,
What’s your configuration?