Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my text SURREALL!!!! confirmed date for 8/4 225xxx, I hope it has new headlight and biodefense
Congratulations!!! I would be extremely interested to hear how Tyco delivery goes.

If i am being completely honest they aren’t my favorite people at the moment (Matt from Tesla Richmond SC holds that prestigious distinction FYI) and I am curious if they step it up for delivery or if I need to be emotionally prepared for more Tyco flavored disappointment.

That said, super excited for you and I hope it goes well for you!

Hey everyone - weekly check in. Updated my signature with my details #TeamBlue.

Trade in is about to expire for the 3rd time.. Let's see how much money I lose this time.. SA has no updates - no one can tell me when anything is scheduled to be built. Last thing I heard from the SA that didn't include the words "no update" was a few weeks back she said, "Don't expect to be in a vehicle before September."

3 months is definitely longer than the estimate when I ordered it, but I guess that's life. I hope everyone else is doing good waiting.
This past weekend I dropped by the I-10 location and talked with an SA (that means something different in San Antonio :)) and he immediately pulled up a spreadsheet and told me to expect the car to be built around 8/18 and delivered toward the end of the month. No idea if that is accurate, but at least he used a different tool than I have to give me some kind of answer.

Reactions: kjyam99 and ajs847
just curious if anyone knows if the order page gets updated with the VIN# first, the email gets sent out or an a text/ phone call?
I know Tesla doesn't use Salesforce, I have had conversations with some people, but generally a process like this would update your order and then that action would fire off a few processes like, sending out an email to you to complete your next steps, create a task for an SA or Delivery Center to reach out. But most systems (AWS, Salesforce, Azure) have "process balancing" to help with loads and limits, so it may only send out all the emails at say 2am or at like 2am and 2pm everyday or whatever that may be, but usually they get batched up together rather than getting sent out individually. So if you are matched at 1pm the email may have been added to the queue to get sent out over night but then the SA would get a notification to reach out but if you are matched at like 10pm you may get the email first.

Granted this is all speculative and from my experience building out Salesforce solutions for things like this.

Now I am starting to wonder if Tesla is not fulfilling April orders on purpose, the cost difference between April and now for the same config is at least a couple $1000. Having those orders canceled and then reordered at a later date would not only give them the $100 order fee but also the additional cost per vehicle. No issue for Tesla just extra money.

Reactions: josh62294
Hi all, another data point for everyone: placed my order a few weeks ago (7/10 I think) for a MYLR 7 seater (grey, hitch, FSD) and have been rechecking the Tesla page daily. Order placed in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I changed the color once or twice in the days after ordering and got approved for a loan (7/18) and trade-in. Got a Proceed with Delivery blue button today for the first time, and saw that a VIN was assigned (238XXX), and estimated delivery (which has been MIA for the last 5-6 days) is listed as October.

Should I feel happy I have a VIN? Any chance it gets to me before October?

Now I am starting to wonder if Tesla is not fulfilling April orders on purpose, the cost difference between April and now for the same config is at least a couple $1000. Having those orders canceled and then reordered at a later date would not only give them the $100 order fee but also the additional cost per vehicle. No issue for Tesla just extra money.
I originally ordered 1/30/2020 and took my order off hold on 6/21/2021 and delivery is scheduled for 8/3. ($5k less than current price)

I found a 217xxx existing inventory on 7/25. Ordered it, and found out from another member on here it was the exact car he rejected that weekend. My local SA has been telling me the car is now “in inspections” and is held up. I assumed they would have already had it inspected if this other member was due to pick it up. I’m hoping/assuming they are fixing the defects that I now know the car had before delivering? If they aren’t, then the whole process seems to be taking much longer than expected.

I found a 217xxx existing inventory on 7/25. Ordered it, and found out from another member on here it was the exact car he rejected that weekend. My local SA has been telling me the car is now “in inspections” and is held up. I assumed they would have already had it inspected if this other member was due to pick it up. I’m hoping/assuming they are fixing the defects that I now know the car had before delivering? If they aren’t, then the whole process seems to be taking much longer than expected.
My guess is that you’re correct that they are repairing the defects. I’m sure the car will be fine. Just don’t expect HEPA with a VIN that low.

I know Tesla doesn't use Salesforce, I have had conversations with some people, but generally a process like this would update your order and then that action would fire off a few processes like, sending out an email to you to complete your next steps, create a task for an SA or Delivery Center to reach out. But most systems (AWS, Salesforce, Azure) have "process balancing" to help with loads and limits, so it may only send out all the emails at say 2am or at like 2am and 2pm everyday or whatever that may be, but usually they get batched up together rather than getting sent out individually. So if you are matched at 1pm the email may have been added to the queue to get sent out over night but then the SA would get a notification to reach out but if you are matched at like 10pm you may get the email first.

Granted this is all speculative and from my experience building out Salesforce solutions for things like this.
Beauty of working in IT. We keep thinking how their systems work.

This past weekend I dropped by the I-10 location and talked with an SA (that means something different in San Antonio :)) and he immediately pulled up a spreadsheet and told me to expect the car to be built around 8/18 and delivered toward the end of the month. No idea if that is accurate, but at least he used a different tool than I have to give me some kind of answer.
Hey thanks for the information. Do you remember who you talked to? Since we have such similar builds, close order dates, and same location - I'll consider mine to be right on track with yours. Let me know if you want me to go in next week so we can alternate bugging them!! Thanks again!

Reactions: iratre
Hi all, another data point for everyone: placed my order a few weeks ago (7/10 I think) for a MYLR 7 seater (grey, hitch, FSD) and have been rechecking the Tesla page daily. Order placed in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I changed the color once or twice in the days after ordering and got approved for a loan (7/18) and trade-in. Got a Proceed with Delivery blue button today for the first time, and saw that a VIN was assigned (238XXX), and estimated delivery (which has been MIA for the last 5-6 days) is listed as October.

Should I feel happy I have a VIN? Any chance it gets to me before October?
Well, I placed an order on 07/12 in the state of Iowa and I haven’t even gotten a vin nor a EDD - so I would feel lucky in a way! 😭

Reactions: iratre