Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the same config! I'm also on vacation during that window but I have zero confidence in receiving a vehicle during that time, so no stress. :)

Good choice!

I want to have zero confidence, but there is that sliver of me that thinks otherwise haha. My dates have shifted around so that I really shouldn't have any confidence.... but alas

The frustrating part for me is that I ordered May 10th and my EDD started out at June 3rd, and it's basically been shifting back one day at a time for the last two months. My SA has no clue when the car will come. So the dates are completely meaningless, and for some reason, I keep checking them every day. Go figure!
We are the same people.

Joe, I'm also upgrading from a subaru forester to a MYLR - keeping the forester (which we like) for my wife since we can't afford 2 teslas right now.
We are keeping our forester, it is our second one and I got rid of my Subaru Legacy last year because we were both working from home so we sold it and used the money. If Subaru had an electric car, we probably would have really considered. We have been very pleased with our Subarus.

Last edited:
Just curious - why wouldnt you consider M3 or MY luxury?
Umm idk. I always seen the MX and MS as luxury. Not sure why. I always thought of them as a higher end mid tier vehicle myself. Like a fully loaded Subaru Forester or fully loaded VW Jetta or something. Because when we compared the 5 year cost of the MY compared to a fully loaded Subaru Forester, because that’s what we would have bought if not the MY, the cost at the 5 year point was about 10k more. But AP, higher grade leather seats, electric car, brand name, OTA updates, app control….all seemed worth that 10k over the 5 years. That’s why I think I didn’t see them as luxury. I am not saying they are bad, I just think people compare them to BMW, Audi, Mercedes etc to give them as a bad wrap but I always thought as those as an in between type car. That’s my opinion, I think that Tesla targeted those 2 models to get those people who spend 35k-45k on a car and give them a better experience and a similar 5 year cost.

I want to note that that 10k difference is not with our solar savings because when I crunched the numbers we didn’t have enough data from our solar. But rough estimate would be about 5k difference

Reactions: PatrickTM
Life after getting a VIN, but no email/message/communication from Tesla to schedule delivery.

View attachment 690784
Reach out to them!! I gave them 24-hours after my VIN, then I texted my SA. She confirmed arrival and set up a delivery date. Friendly, helpful and no more waiting for a text/email.

I had not had a EDD for about a week now. Is this normal?
Order date of April 28th. My account was stuck in limbo mode for a while due to a Tesla "glitch" I'm told. In short when I request to remove my trade they removed it but left it open and marked my profile incomplete.
My model Y is 3k cheaper then current price. Got a text yesterday and they offered me a performance model Y for delivery Monday(was MSM and no tow hitch) I declined because that's 10k more then what I would pay for my LR model Y(5 seat, White ext, black interior,no FSD, and tow hitch). So they are very aware of the issue and trying to help, but I feel like I'm at the back of the que again.

Is it possible they are forgetting about the people who have orders that are 3k+ cheaper.

Reactions: moe0059