Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does everyone really think that the EDD disappearing or going to generic October means that our cars are entering production or are being soft matched to a VIN that we are likely to get in the next few days?

If it does mean a VIN is coming soon, then A LOT of VINs for this thread are about to hit because a lot of Octobers are residing in this place LMAO.

Here are some other people, because apparently nobody believes me, maybe if I bring other people in, you guys will! If you don’t talk to your sales advisor about it, they won’t tell you. It’s like a hidden fee.
There is no fee changing from LR to Performance. I went to see my SA yesterday because my date changed to October and I will be out of town the majority of that month. I was able to get my exact 3 day delivery window the 28-30 and switched to the Performance for no fee other than the $5,000 increase in price.

As someone previously stated the $500 increase was because they gave you the new increased LR price from when you first ordered. They confirmed 100% there is only a fee if you were to switch models from like a Y to a 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: MBx4 and RatsFPV
There is no fee changing from LR to Performance if you don’t have a car assigned yet. I went to see my SA yesterday because my date changed to October and I will be out of town the majority of that month. I was able to get my exact 3 day window the 28-30 and switched to the Performance for no fee other than the $5,000 increase in price.
I was already offered a performance for a delivery of yesterday. However it's literally a 10k difference. I can't justify that.
I have my model Y price at 50,9xx. That's why I think they are taking their sweet time with my order. White ext, black interior. No FSD and just a tow hitch. So their profit margin on my model Y is much lower then new orders.
The performance was 60,9xx with 1k MSM vin was 235xxx. Couldn't justify the 10k+ difference for a LITTLE faster and less range.
It doesn't have track mode even. *sugar* for 2k I can get the acceleration boost and doesn't it go down to like 4 seconds? So .5 slower then the performance? Yeah I'll pass.
Now if they took 3k off the performance maybe. But they are not going to do that.

For those off you that does believe in the $500 fee. Here is my color change from White to Black! $1000 for the color + $500 for the hidden fee + $90 for idk what. The difference is $1590.
Ah, so they literally don't itemize it? Well that's a load of BS!

Just did the back of the napkin math and mine adds up correctly without any $500 fees hidden or otherwise. I'm wondering if the rep at the SC was able to change it without incurring a fee?

You might want to ask, because I was charged $500 to change the order and she didn’t tell me, so when I asked about it, she tried to make up for her mistake, and it’s why they are giving me 10,000 charge miles, for the inconvenience but I still have to pay the extra $500. Just ask it’s not a big deal. I was even told by customer support, that I have to pay an extra $500 because I changed my order
Dude, honestly I'm sorry they charged you $500 extra to change your order. That sucks. The rep gave you 10k supercharger miles because that's all she was probably allowed to do at her level, which is only worth about $70 of free charging.

The only possible reason for the $500 charge is the base price of the vehicle increasing between date of your original order and your order change date. So far between March to August the Model Y LR has increased by $4,000, each time $500 increments. Back in March it was $48,999, so if you had ordered in March, put it on hold, and come August decided to change spec (say, white to blue), you'd be charged $5,000: $1,000 for blue, $4,000 for new updated pricing.

Think about it this way, if they had a $500 order change fee, people would just pay $100 for a brand new order.

I was already offered a performance for a delivery of yesterday. However it's literally a 10k difference. I can't justify that.
I have my model Y price at 50,9xx. That's why I think they are taking their sweet time with my order. White ext, black interior. No FSD and just a tow hitch. So their profit margin on my model Y is much lower then new orders.
The performance was 60,9xx with 1k MSM vin was 235xxx. Couldn't justify the 10k+ difference for a LITTLE faster and less range.
It doesn't have track mode even. *sugar* for 2k I can get the acceleration boost and doesn't it go down to like 4 seconds? So .5 slower then the performance? Yeah I'll pass.
Now if they took 3k off the performance maybe. But they are not going to do that.
Yeah, since I had a white/black with the 20” tires it was only a $5,000 difference for the same base Performance. It was no question for me to speed it up 6-8 weeks and not have a 4 month process. I probably wouldn’t have done it for a $10K increase though haha.

Reactions: josh62294
also, for those of you with a July order, I would just get comfortable and settle in for the wait, and stop

14 May order here, hang in there!
Agreed! Being earlier in July, my only regret is the 5 weeks of “should I?” Before clicking all the buttons and paying the $100.

But then I read through this and I’m like “Ah, so they’re all waiting, too.”

One big happy family waiting for the notoriously-late uncle to arrive so we can all eat.

Thanks, Uncle Elon.

I lost a day on the front and back of my EDD today. Now at 8/15-8/26. I know it hasn’t disappeared, but school is starting soon for my Littles. This is going to get really difficult for my family with no end in sight…

Im in the same boat. 1 car between two professionals and two teens going back to school soon. EDD is October as of this morning. Waiting until 10am EST and ring ring to the SA. Funny thing, they have a brand new (has biodefense as I looked), blue/black/20s/7 seater for a demo on site. We said wed gladly pay the different to upgrade to the 7 seater, and it was a no-go. Seeing it this new Oct date will make them budge now on it.

Reactions: Shinobu