Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/1, everything completed same day. EDD was August-ish, updated order to different wheels mid july, kicked my EDD back to September. Woke up this morning and now it says October. Oh well. One day. Config is black on black with the 20 inch wheels no other options.

Let the madness ensue - two orders. Here's a case study.

MYLR Reservation = Ordered 6/1, EDD October (another 9 - 12 weeks for October arrival)
MYP Reservation = Ordered 8/3, EDD 7-9 weeks (profile completed already)

Let's see which one arrives first. I will update my signature with both order details.

Who is on #TeamMYLR and who is on #TeamMYP?
So update: I received a call from the Tesla Build Center (Order Support Group? whatever you call them) and the talked to a new SA for my MYP order that I placed 2 hours ago. He told me there are definitely delays in the supply chain, but they are constantly sourcing new parts and/or making changes to minimize the impact.

He also told me that he thinks I will get the MYP that I ordered hours ago before the MYLR order that I placed on 6/1. He said that is based on everything he's seeing.

And the $90 is just a 6% sales tax on the $1,500 price increase

Thanks for providing the dates! There has been a lot of price increases. At one point they were coming in every other week, Thursday night at midnight for a couple months very consistently.

And to your point, there indeed was a price increase between your original order date (21May) and change order date (16Jun). There was a $500 increase on June 10 2021: Tesla Model 3, Model Y Prices Are Increasing

Mystery solved! The MBA in me can finally fall asleep tonight.

PS: the $90 extra charge is increased sales tax due to increase in order price
Brand new here and in for the long haul with a original November and now December delivery…anyhoo…given you brought up the tax sitch, it got me thinking. The Tesla taxes, are they accurate for everyone? I’m in Florida with a 6% and additional 1% up to 5k…taking that into account my rate is wonky and I’m trying to figure out if we will get final numbers and should assume they will course correct to the higher number. I’m a numbers geek and it subdues my anxiety when they makes sense. 🤪 I’m playing the trade in game and lower taxes vs sell and hopefully make more, but hard when my numbers are weird. Thanks!

So update: I received a call from the Tesla Build Center (Order Support Group? whatever you call them) and the talked to a new SA for my MYP order that I placed 2 hours ago. He told me there are definitely delays in the supply chain, but they are constantly sourcing new parts and/or making changes to minimize the impact.

He also told me that he thinks I will get the MYP that I ordered hours ago before the MYLR order that I placed on 6/1. He said that is based on everything he's seeing.
The question is Why? Why would they build a MYP ordered in August ahead of a MYLR ordered in June? That's just dumb.

Reactions: josh62294
Which dealers in the NY area you shopped at? My sister is looking for a X6. Has to order since not much in stock.

Probably due to mostly custom orders. It’s like a 1 month for any SUV, depending on which part of the country you live. 1.5 to 2 months for anything else not built in SC. Took a little under 2 months for my E92 order. Tracking the production steps and eventually the RoRo as it reached the port. Fun times.

It’s hard now to get anywhere near the typical 10% off msrp for the X5 or LCI X3. Still some leftover 2021 X3s though and probably get a deal

Audi was wiped out of their Q5 and Q7 inventory during the Costco deal. I was shopping for a Q7 and asked the SA what happens when there are no more Qs. Audi’s response was to try to sell the A6s. Lo
Rallye, Freeport, Bay Shore. All had X5s and tons of x3s. I don’t custom order I just get what’s on the lot. X6 Dosent surprise me since the sales are nowhere near what the 3 and 5 is. Almost leased an X5e actually but decided to hold off for the Tesla until I can’t anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: RyMY and PatrickTM
Interestingly... Prompted by the insane values on both of our trade-ins my wife and I are both getting new vehicles. I placed my MYLR order on 6/21. She placed an order for a BMW X3M on 7/15 that the dealer dropped the ball on as far as submitting the order. They just submitted the order for production yesterday & just called me 10 min ago to inform that it s going into production tomorrow and we can expect delivery the last week of August, 1st week of September (NC build, not Germany).

On 7/15 I told her she'll have the BMW a month or two before I have the Tesla.

Didn't expect a month or two to be the optimistic time frame.

Rallye, Freeport, Bay Shore. All had a ton of X5s and 3s. I don’t custom order I just get what’s on the lot. X6 Dosent surprise me since the sales are nowhere near what the 3 and 6 is.
local inventory of bimmers here is ok but not great. Before my X3M I had an X5 50i and before that an M3... all were black/ black executive package (need those adaptive LED's and the upgraded leather seating)

All inventory around here is either premium package or lower and barely any black/ black configurations of ANYTHING.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I've seen posted here quite a bit that they prioritize higher margin vehicles (e.g. the MYP or vehicles with FSD). Take a look at the delivery timelines for the Plaid S. You can get that car in 1-2 months vs 5-6 for a Long Range.
I've heard that too, but do you really think there is that much higher margin in MYP? It has a higher price, but it also has higher cost with upgraded brakes, suspension, wheels, etc. Plus it is more expensive to change over for smaller production runs. So they make an extra $500 on MYP - is that really enough to ignore the obvious need for MYLR production?

Ok So i did it! Ordered a MYP today, Lets see what i get first ( My Model Y Long-range OD:6/12/21 or Model Y Performance OD: 8/3/21 ) Based on what i have seen on here there will be the Performance 🤪 , ill take either that comes first, Am to invested with WC( new panel installed line run in my detached garage ) and all the dam accessories that I already have at home.

P-aug3.GIF

I've seen posted here quite a bit that they prioritize higher margin vehicles (e.g. the MYP or vehicles with FSD). Take a look at the delivery timelines for the Plaid S. You can get that car in 1-2 months vs 5-6 for a Long Range.

I've heard that too, but do you really think there is that much higher margin in MYP? It has a higher price, but it also has higher cost with upgraded brakes, suspension, wheels, etc. Plus it is more expensive to change over for smaller production runs. So they make an extra $500 on MYP - is that really enough to ignore the obvious need for MYLR production?
Well as a single data point, I have been FSD since I placed the MYLR order on 29 May. There isn't another option out there that nets a higher profit margin - heck the hardware is already in all the cars!

I'm slumming it in October like the rest of us.

Interestingly... Prompted by the insane values on both of our trade-ins my wife and I are both getting new vehicles. I placed my MYLR order on 6/21. She placed an order for a BMW X3M on 7/15 that the dealer dropped the ball on as far as submitting the order. They just submitted the order for production yesterday & just called me 10 min ago to inform that it s going into production tomorrow and we can expect delivery the last week of August, 1st week of September (NC build, not Germany).

On 7/15 I told her she'll have the BMW a month or two before I have the Tesla.

Didn't expect a month or two to be the optimistic time frame.
I don’t know how you do it I can’t stand black! My wife’s X7 is black Looks great in the show room then shows every scratch, chip, micro scratch. Never again!

Reactions: PatrickTM and MBx4
Well as a single data point, I have been FSD since I placed the MYLR order on 29 May. There isn't another option out there that nets a higher profit margin - heck the hardware is already in all the cars!

I'm slumming it in October like the rest of us.
Good point on FSD margin. I paid the $10k for FSD so my MYLR should be prioritized above MYP without, right?

And does anyone really know the profit margins of anything? - I don't think Tesla discloses that especially broken out by MYP vs MYLR.