Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just almost threw my laptop out of my office window... went to refresh my order, it returned an error so I logged out of tesla and logged back in, clicked on account and my "manage order" link was gone (very bad thoughts)... refreshed again and it came back... clicked on it... took over a minute to load... and... same EDD as this morning. Why must Tesla mess with us so much?

Good point on FSD margin. I paid the $10k for FSD so my MYLR should be prioritized above MYP without, right?

And does anyone really know the profit margins of anything? - I don't think Tesla discloses that especially broken out by MYP vs MYLR.
Margin is usually pretty "secret sauce" stuff for a company. I think Tesla will only provide margins as an entire company for shareholder reporting requirements. Breaking down margins between two trims of the same model will definitely be highly competition sensitive. That being said, my hunch is that Performance models have a much larger profit than LR models. The cost delta for brake, suspension, and front motor components should be pretty small.

My take on why FSD orders are not prioritized: you can remove FSD at any point prior to taking delivery, so if they did prioritize FSD orders, you can bet a bunch of us TMC folks will game the system by ordering a car with FSD and removing FSD the day before delivery!:cool:

Do you have to have a vin assigned to see EDD? If not where can I see this information?
Getting your EDD depends on how recently you placed your order, you get your VIN very close to delivery day... so EDD first, then VIN, then Delivery date.

you should be able to see your EDD on your "manage order" page upon logging into your tesla.com account.

Do you have to have a vin assigned to see EDD? If not where can I see this information?
Nope, not at all. Most of us don't have VIN but nearly all of us have EDD (whether we like it or not). See pic for location.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.21.24 AM.png

Got an email from Tesla when I was in a meeting... Ran to my desk as soon as I could... Turns out it was a shipping notification for the sweatshirt I ordered weeks ago... :confused:

Check Tesla site, still 'October'
I understand this vibe. My wife made fun of the fact that the wall connected charger got here in 2 days, while we are approaching 3 months since order date. And then I think of all the accessories I bought that are also just sitting in the corner of my office. Im in too deep.

This is another potential for a wild theory. I check the source code for "5Y" and "5YJ" fairly often. I normally get zero hits but just now got a hit on "5Y" in a long series of other characters that don't look VIN related. But this has not been in my source code before. @potter287 is this what you were talking about on your source code earlier?
100%! this is exactly what I was finding as of yesterday and today.

This is another potential for a wild theory. I check the source code for "5Y" and "5YJ" fairly often. I normally get zero hits but just now got a hit on "5Y" in a long series of other characters that don't look VIN related. But this has not been in my source code before. @potter287 is this what you were talking about on your source code earlier?
What's even weirder is that when I get the hit for 5YJ that sequence of numbers/letters doesn't exist in the jumbled line of numbers/letters, if that makes sense? Not sure if you noticed that as well.

Reactions: ajs847
What's even weirder is that when I get the hit for 5YJ that sequence of numbers/letters doesn't exist in the jumbled line of numbers/letters, if that makes sense? Not sure if you noticed that as well.
I asked about that too... somebody here clarified for me that if it isn't "5YJ..." it's just coincidence and part of a temporary hash code. I currently have a "5Y" match in my source but don't get excited anymore when I see it. Started to show up a few weeks ago for me.

Reactions: CGeiser
Rallye, Freeport, Bay Shore. All had X5s and tons of x3s. I don’t custom order I just get what’s on the lot. X6 Dosent surprise me since the sales are nowhere near what the 3 and 5 is. Almost leased an X5e actually but decided to hold off for the Tesla until I can’t anymore
I serviced my car at Freeport frequently. I purchase only in NJ: Tenafly, JMK, Open Road

If my MY takes too long I might get another X5. Since I only placed my order on 7/12, it’s still early and I haven’t waited as long as a lot of members here.

Reactions: doomsday997