Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok So i did it! Ordered a MYP today, Lets see what i get first ( My Model Y Long-range OD:6/12/21 or Model Y Performance OD: 8/3/21 ) Based on what i have seen on here there will be the Performance 🤪 , ill take either that comes first, Am to invested with WC( new panel installed line run in my detached garage ) and all the dam accessories that I already have at home.

View attachment 691534
I'll take your 6/12 order... thanks! :cool:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MBx4
Wait, what is this source code trick? Have I missed a secret that will finally give me The Answer?

It hasn’t worked for me yet, but someone said it worked for them a few pages back (well, probably more than a few pages given how fast this thread is moving)

Just picked mine up and overall everything went very well. I was out of there in 15 mins and it only took that long because of all the settings to choose from. There was a minor gap issue that I noticed on the tailgate, but they said it was within spec. I also noticed the same gap on another Y, but not all of them. I can live with it. There was also a very tiny dent or maybe paint issue on the passenger front door that they said they will take care of later. Very hard to notice unless the light hits it just right. Everything else looks perfect and the vehicle was detailed well. Also, it does have HEPA. The driving experience is truly amazing. I have never had so much fun driving and I have had some fun cars.

How the pickup worked: I got an alert from the Tesla app on my phone when I got to the parking lot, so the app worked right away. I found the car quickly because they staged it up front. Checked the VIN and hopped in. Inside the vehicle on the center console was a document pack (with pen) and under that pack was the set of keycards (2). I signed the papers and brought them inside to turn in at the front desk. That was it. I never had to show any other documents or ID. They were very friendly and gave me a free toy model 3 for my son. One slight mistake I made - In all the excitement I pulled away before I accepted delivery in the account which prevented premium connectivity from working. So I logged into my Tesla account (website, not app) and accepted delivery (on the page that shows your EDD). Premium connectivity was activated by accepting. I drove an hour home and was disappointed to find myself home faster than I wanted to be. I just don't want to stop driving it! A very good experience overall and well worth the wait.

Autopilot calibrated more quickly than expected and I was able to try it. Surprisingly it worked great on winding back roads, but on a straight main road with clear markings it hugged the center line more than I was comfortable with. I'll have to use it more before I make any judgements though.

I will take some pics later today or tomorrow and share them.

Margin is usually pretty "secret sauce" stuff for a company. I think Tesla will only provide margins as an entire company for shareholder reporting requirements. Breaking down margins between two trims of the same model will definitely be highly competition sensitive. That being said, my hunch is that Performance models have a much larger profit than LR models. The cost delta for brake, suspension, and front motor components should be pretty small.

My take on why FSD orders are not prioritized: you can remove FSD at any point prior to taking delivery, so if they did prioritize FSD orders, you can bet a bunch of us TMC folks will game the system by ordering a car with FSD and removing FSD the day before delivery!:cool:
doesn't adding/removing FSD change the car price to newer values?

Reactions: PatrickTM
This is another potential for a wild theory. I check the source code for "5Y" and "5YJ" fairly often. I normally get zero hits but just now got a hit on "5Y" in a long series of other characters that don't look VIN related. But this has not been in my source code before. @potter287 is this what you were talking about on your source code earlier?

100%! this is exactly what I was finding as of yesterday and today.
Those are encrypted data but not really related to VINs.

Just picked mine up and overall everything went very well. I was out of there in 15 mins and it only took that long because of all the settings to choose from. There was a minor gap issue that I noticed on the tailgate, but they said it was within spec. I also noticed the same gap on another Y, but not all of them. I can live with it. There was also a very tiny dent or maybe paint issue on the passenger front door that they said they will take care of later. Very hard to notice unless the light hits it just right. Everything else looks perfect and the vehicle was detailed well. Also, it does have HEPA. The driving experience is truly amazing. I have never had so much fun driving and I have had some fun cars.

How the pickup worked: I got an alert from the Tesla app on my phone when I got to the parking lot, so the app worked right away. I found the car quickly because they staged it up front. Checked the VIN and hopped in. Inside the vehicle on the center console was a document pack (with pen) and under that pack was the set of keycards (2). I signed the papers and brought them inside to turn in at the front desk. That was it. I never had to show any other documents or ID. They were very friendly and gave me a free toy model 3 for my son. One slight mistake I made - In all the excitement I pulled away before I accepted delivery in the account which prevented premium connectivity from working. So I logged into my Tesla account (website, not app) and accepted delivery (on the page that shows your EDD). Premium connectivity was activated by accepting. I drove an hour home and was disappointed to find myself home faster than I wanted to be. I just don't want to stop driving it! A very good experience overall and well worth the wait.

Autopilot calibrated more quickly than expected and I was able to try it. Surprisingly it worked great on winding back roads, but on a straight main road with clear markings it hugged the center line more than I was comfortable with. I'll have to use it more before I make any judgements though.

great to see another long timer here take delivery! enjoy, and I'll be waiting for the pictures!

Ok So i did it! Ordered a MYP today, Lets see what i get first ( My Model Y Long-range OD:6/12/21 or Model Y Performance OD: 8/3/21 ) Based on what i have seen on here there will be the Performance 🤪 , ill take either that comes first, Am to invested with WC( new panel installed line run in my detached garage ) and all the dam accessories that I already have at home.

View attachment 691534
1628011511294.png

me too. at this point i have nothing to lose.

TV

wait, original order Jan 2020?

Not to add fuel to this fire since its seems like EDDs are all over the place but for anyone in here that ordered from Las Vegas, here's my spec.

Y LR, Deep Blue Metallic, 5 seater, no FSD, no Tow

Ordered: 6/23
Profile Complete: 6/28
Original EDD: Sep - Oct (dates shifted around a bit but stayed within the months range)
VIN on Manage Profile Page: 7/30
EDD: 8/3 - 8/8

Haven't heard from local store reps at all. Got one email shortly after placing my order but no response to a follow-up and SA hasn't picked up calls.
So roughly a two month wait. Looks like I'll be getting mine in October