Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what parts are different in the LR vs P? The only things I can imagine would be motor, brakes or wheels. Pretty sure the suspension is the same, as well as the other components. Leads me to believe this shift to October EDD's is nothing more than a recalibration of EDD's rather than a delay due to parts shortages. If parts shortages were the issue, I think we'd be seeing MYP EDD's changing as well.
Our SA told us that we could decide on delivery day to switch our LR to a P and said it’s literally a matter of switching on the speed in the computer and swapping out a few parts (he mentioned brakes, wheels, and a couple bolts). Obviously, we’d have to pay the difference in cost as well, but they’re the exact same car less those few changes 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Helpful
Reactions: ajs847
My EDD date jumped from mid September to this week all of the sudden. I got a notification to schedule delivery and the dates to select from are for this weekend. I thought I had more time to secure financing. I am trying to get it done quickly as possible but I don't think it will be ready by this weekend. Will I be able to push out my delivery for another week or will I be put back in line?

My EDD date jumped from mid September to this week all of the sudden. I got a notification to schedule delivery and the dates to select from are for this weekend. I thought I had more time to secure financing. I am trying to get it done quickly as possible but I don't think it will be ready by this weekend. Will I be able to push out my delivery for another week or will I be put back in line?
Long Range or Performance? Either way, I believe they give you a three day range to pick up. Financing should be less than 24 hours for approval.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Just made an account today after religiously checking these posts every day for the past 3 weeks as my EDD pushed further and further. I get the whole idea behind the profile being complete for those who are "serious" about purchasing the car, but I think a MUCH better indicator would be how often you visit/reload your account page.

oh well, here are my details:

Model MYLR | Exterior White | Interior Black | Seats 5 | Wheels 19" | Tow Yes | FSD No
Ordered 6/4/21 | Location NJ | EDD OCTOBER

Also, I visited the Princeton/Lawrenceville location today to speak with them in person. They did not know a thing. "Sorry you are waiting so long. Maybe it's parts supply. Maybe it's demand. No, we don't have any additional insight through our system over and above what you see now." The one thing I confirmed with him is that they have no idea when cars are arriving there until a VIN gets assigned. They play no part in assigning them, unless a customer refuses delivery or is not responsive.

Not to add fuel to this fire since its seems like EDDs are all over the place but for anyone in here that ordered from Las Vegas, here's my spec.

Y LR, Deep Blue Metallic, 5 seater, no FSD, no Tow

Ordered: 6/23
Profile Complete: 6/28
Original EDD: Sep - Oct (dates shifted around a bit but stayed within the months range)
VIN on Manage Profile Page: 7/30
EDD: 8/3 - 8/8

Haven't heard from local store reps at all. Got one email shortly after placing my order but no response to a follow-up and SA hasn't picked up calls.
Vegas orders confuse me so much. Still waiting on my May 21st order - EDD is August 6 - August 17. No VIN

Is it worth chatting Tesla or reaching out to an SA about the October EDD? I have a 6/20 order so it's not as bad as an April/May order. Not a huge deal to me, but I figure it can't hurt *shrug*

Not to mention the sheer number of people that got slammed by the October Massacre

it's a service center but they do test drives out of there, too. they have a side lot that i'm guessing are cars that are waiting to be serviced.
that actually don't do test drives out of there anymore - at least they didn't in June. I originally scheduled test drive there and had to reschedule in Alpharetta. I don't understand why they have new cars there since that is not a delivery location either. Maybe they are doing home deliveries from there???

Reactions: PatrickTM
Just recently (July 28th) ordered a MYP | Black | White interior | 21" | 5 seater | Tow hitch | FSD. I had originally seen a delivery range of 9/4 - 9/24 but this has disappeared, now it just says 7-9 weeks, also I got locked-out of my account page to manage the order for a bit on my computer (I can still access on my cell). Any idea on the timelines for performance models? Or why I got blocked from loading the page in my account?