Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last couple days had EDD 7-9 weeks but today it came back to 8/18-9/3 (order date for MYP 23 Jun). I did call and they said I should actually have a VIN by the 9th. I was told a few weeks ago the very end of July. Hope its like any day now tho.
This gives me hope. I would love to get my VIN on my MYP prior to 8/29 so I can complete financing and not have it expire.

Ok, I am done with all this EDDs. I am flying to CA/Fremont, sneak into the factory, (mis)configure the robot or "talk" with the assembly person to set aside a MY (any config at this point), & drive it back directly from the factory.

Note: Don't try this on your own, only for experts.

A random guy next to me in the coffee shop: Hey dude, wake up. Don't watch too many movies.

Ok, I am done with all this EDDs. I am flying to CA/Fremont, sneak into the factory, (mis)configure the robot or "talk" with the assembly person to set aside a MY (any config at this point), & drive it back directly from the factory.

Note: Don't try this on your own, only for experts.

A random guy next to me in the coffee shop: Hey dude, wake up. Don't watch too many movies.
if you do that, these news channels will politicize that and use that for their benefit. you aren't going to get much other than Elon meeting you in a conf room and saying "just hang on.. 2 weeks more"

Once you cancel an order, depending on where the car is, it gets assigned to another person waiting with same config. Teslas are never made based on order. They just make them and then assign to pending orders. So, if the car is already at delivery location and customer cancels it, they assign it to nearby pending order with same config. if there are none, it gets added to existing inventory and gets snagged by someone waiting in couple seconds.. that's the demand right now.
Yeah, I know how it really is but the logistics even with a limited number of options is difficult. I ordered a generic MYLR White/White 19". Should be soon I hope. Just don't want someone else's refused delivery.

Yeah, I know how it really is but the logistics even with a limited number of options is difficult. I ordered a generic MYLR White/White 19". Should be soon I hope. Just don't want someone else's refused delivery.
With tesla, you can never guarantee that a car was made for you. it can be made for someone else and they could have rejected for many reasons... either finances not pulling through or the person not being available or if they want to put their delivery on hold and many more.. you always have an option to reject a car if you don't like it for any reason.. just don't mind about what happened to the car before you..

Reactions: PatrickTM and MBx4
Twitter cookies are aware of our desperation 🤦🏽‍♂️

1628022588162.png

Reactions: PatrickTM
I have a May order (5/21). The only thing I did was to change my color from blue to red in July. Have had several EDDs with the EDD simply saying "October". MYLR

Update: Just checked again a few minutes ago and says September 7 - September 27. I expect another fifty changes before delivery.
Upgrading color from a May order in July, that’s an expensive order update, and resulted a big set back in EDD as well. I would’ve advised against it, but what is done is done 🤷‍♂️