Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has always been a major regret of mine when we took delivery of the Model S. We've never had time to go all the way from Philly and back so we never went all the way across. Did make it to the Sound of Silence rally in Custer, SD this year though. But it was really hard with a 3 year old.

For anyone unfamiliar, the Sound of Silence rally is a bunch of Tesla owners converging on a small town in South Dakota for the weekend, with picturesque drives through the Black Hills.
I can imagine the difficulty with a 3 year old! I have a 19 year old... it's not much different sometimes :)

Is this the adapter you all are referring to? Tesla shop says that it comes standard with the purchase of any Tesla vehicle. I'm buying a Chargepoint for home charging and wasn't planning to buy another adapter.
No, I was referring to the 14-50 adapter. Used to be standard, so I have 2. One of them have been successfully using in my garage for nearly 7 years.

Reactions: PatrickTM
It's just a car. At this point I have given up getting my car this year. Since there is no tax credit, that's not a factor in the timeline. But I do want to buy a car in this low interest rate environment and I have a fear that I am going to be faced with some major, as yet unknown repair bill with my current ride.

Reactions: Wigan
Is this the adapter you all are referring to? Tesla shop says that it comes standard with the purchase of any Tesla vehicle. I'm buying a Chargepoint for home charging and wasn't planning to buy another adapter.

View attachment 692389

This is a 14-50 adapter - Plugs into the wall, not the vehicle end. It's the adapter for the Gen 2 UMC:

Reactions: PatrickTM
As much as we all obsess over the EDD's, it seems to me being on the East coast at least, that all those who have VINs and delivery dates are right around the 3 month mark (on a LR). That fits with what my SA just informed me that I'm likely a late to mid September delivery, which would be right around 3 months from order.

I'm just going to mentally set myself for then and won't start the trade estimate process until early September.

Reactions: CSTARZZ and MBx4
This is a 14-50 adapter - Plugs into the wall, not the vehicle end. It's the adapter for the Gen 2 UMC:

Yes, that adapter has come with both of my previous cars. I was commenting on my vague recollection that it no longer comes free.

Has anyone considered delaying their delivery in order to get a MY from Texas? I'm most interested in potentially better paint.
  • I believe if you put it on hold, when it's released you go to the bottom of the queue. Is that correct?
  • What happens if you don't pick it up/refuse delivery? Do you go back to the bottom of the queue?
  • I also have a lower price locked in and don't want to have that affected.

Order Placed March 2020
Put on hold March 2020
Released from hold June 2021
EDD 23 Aug - 12 Sept
@haferc is your guy for this one. Pretty much everything you’re asking about has happened to him since March

Thank you! I have been checking credit unions and trying to find the best rate. I was also reading some posts about being offered 2.49% from Tesla and emailing [email protected] to requesting farming out to their multiple lenders. Many came back with lower rates, however more recently seems to only come back with 2.49, but it’s worth a shot. Also, Tesla has a best rate guarantee. If you find a better rate on your own and get approved, they should match with certain conditions.
When I emailed [email protected] about changing from tesla financing to DCU because of the 1.24% rate @65 mo, they did not offer to match it. Not sure if it was because I did not specifically ask for a match, or they did not want to, or the 65mo offer from DCU threw it out of an apples to apples comparison that would qualify. They just copied my SA on their reply to me and said my SA would change the funding source on my tesla page. Also, at DCU, you can't get it in writing until the VIN & MVPA is uploaded & the auto loan is finalized by phone call that reviews the uploaded documents so hard to prove you have that rate until much closer to delivery.