Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang man - if I would've had your number or something I would've been blowing it up.
That’s super nice of you to even think of me when you saw it! Thank you.

I’m just going to have to wait it out like everyone else.

I was also thinking of calling my SA and asking her to hold any black interior with induction rims, and I’d take that one, I don’t really care about the outside color anymore.

No change in EDD on either order. That's scary.
My MY ordered 19 May had a 26 June- 30 June 11 on 1 June. Since then, the dates have shifted right pretty much day for day. Now, 22 Aug-5 Sept. So at this rate, on 5 Sept, my EDD will be around 5 Oct. Question, since I am not desperate to get the car, would it make sense to hold delivery until Jan and maybe get the new battery with no price change to my original contract?

Good luck with Carvana!! For us, it was the easiest car transaction we’ve ever had and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hopefully same for you!
It was honestly sort of scary how easy it was...but I suppose now the real wait begins as my wife and I enter the "one car:two people" phase of waiting on a Tesla-- like so many others!

Really hoping for VIN to show up before August 13th, I applied for the loan the day I ordered, and it expires in 60 days, which would be August 13th, and I am hoping for there to not be a second hard check on my credit (I have heard from some tesla folks that its a hard pull, some have said its a soft pull, so not sure what to believe lol)

My MY ordered 19 May had a 26 June- 30 June 11 on 1 June. Since then, the dates have shifted right pretty much day for day. Now, 22 Aug-5 Sept. So at this rate, on 5 Sept, my EDD will be around 5 Oct. Question, since I am not desperate to get the car, would it make sense to hold delivery until Jan and maybe get the new battery with no price change to my original contract?
Honestly that’s a question I asked myself but with the trade in value being so awesomely high, the gas prices going up, and not owning a Tesla or any EV since my leaf, it’s not worth the wait for me. I’d be losing money waiting for the newest model and asked myself if I “absolutely” needed the newest? Is it a make or break, to me it is not. Tesla resells for very low depreciation, so if I wanted to upgrade later I’m not too worried. Also, ask yourself this, “you know Tesla first release quality issues…do you really want to deal with that?” Just my personal take.

EDD pushed back one day again but the end date is sticking, now 8/8 - 8/21
(if my theory is correct, I should get a vin around the 11/12 range..)

Ordered on 7/8:
MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21
8/6: 8/8 - 8/21 as of today!

Reactions: potter287
Really hoping for VIN to show up before August 13th, I applied for the loan the day I ordered, and it expires in 60 days, which would be August 13th, and I am hoping for there to not be a second hard check on my credit (I have heard from some tesla folks that its a hard pull, some have said its a soft pull, so not sure what to believe lol)
This is the case for me as well 😒 Loan expires on 8/13 and my Carvana offer expires on around the same date

All good points and a fewvreasons why they sell cars.
But they are:
Also the only manufacturer without customer service or public relations
Only manufacturer that removes hardware and features without any consideration
Only manufacturer that can not provide an EDD inside a 60 day window
Only manufacturer that delivers cars consistently with quality issues.

It is not so much being spoiled as it is meeting luxury car expectations.Credible EV competition, when it happens within this decade will either turn Tesla into another Saturn or motivate them to address a few issues.
True, but they've only been building cars for a little over a decade. Competition is good and will spur changes at Tesla and vice-versa, but any comparison between Tesla and Ford, GM, or Chrysler at this age would have Tesla on top by a wide margin.

Elon Musk has a Twitter account and you can send him messages. I don't even know who the CEO is of the other three.

Most hardware changes are an improvement, but that is in the eye of the beholder.

Let's see what happens when Mach-E orders get close to their EDD.

After 100 years I'd expect Ford, GM, and Chrysler to do better on quality.

I'm not a Tesla fanatic, but I give them credit where and when it is due.

Reactions: Spelly88
That’s super nice of you to even think of me when you saw it! Thank you.

I’m just going to have to wait it out like everyone else.

I was also thinking of calling my SA and asking her to hold any black interior with induction rims, and I’d take that one, I don’t really care about the outside color anymore.
I talked to our SA about that in mid July and they told me that even if they got us an inventory car, we'd still have to pay a higher price since it went up from the time we ordered. I believe the Y is now 1.5 or 2k higher than our mid May order price.

• Disagree
Reactions: CSTARZZ
All good points and a fewvreasons why they sell cars.
But they are:
Also the only manufacturer without customer service or public relations
Only manufacturer that removes hardware and features without any consideration
Only manufacturer that can not provide an EDD inside a 60 day window
Only manufacturer that delivers cars consistently with quality issues.

It is not so much being spoiled as it is meeting luxury car expectations.Credible EV competition, when it happens within this decade will either turn Tesla into another Saturn or motivate them to address a few issues.
I agree with their customer support not being stellar, but give them credit for also adding features to your car even after you take delivery. I don't know many (any?) other cars that do that.

My X has seen a dashcam, sentry mode, youtube/hulu, and a slew of other awesome features added that were not available when I took delivery, nor were they even advertised as coming soon.

Reactions: und2000