Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some info to share in case it helps.

I called the delivery center because I couldn't remember when my financing expired (8/29, btw). She was very nice and helpful and went so far as to tell me when and how she thinks the VIN would arrive. She said it would likely come during my EDD range (via email for those with Tesla lending) and that they try and prioritize anyone with Tesla lending with expiration dates coming up. She didn't clarify that was a common practice but it sure sounded like the routine the way she explained it. The order is an email and update to the account and then a couple of days later they call to schedule delivery.

So, I am curious if others happen to have expiration dates within their EDD range. If so, maybe there is some logic to it being a factor in getting VIN's and deliveries?

Also, if financing does expire she said they call to get permission and then do a soft credit check and receive the same terms (rate) as long as no major change in personal finance has occurred like no new big loans/balances. The obvious stuff....but thought I would mention it anyway.

I called the delivery center because I couldn't remember when my financing expired (8/29, btw). She was very nice and helpful and went so far as to tell me when and how she thinks the VIN would arrive. She said it would likely come during my EDD range (via email for those with Tesla lending) and that they try and prioritize anyone with Tesla lending with expiration dates coming up. She didn't clarify that was a common practice but it sure sounded like the routine the way she explained it. The order is an email and update to the account and then a couple of days later they call to schedule delivery.

So, I am curious if others happen to have expiration dates within their EDD range. If so, maybe there is some logic to it being a factor in getting VIN's and deliveries?

Also, if financing does expire she said they call to get permission and then do a soft credit check and receive the same terms (rate) as long as no major change in personal finance has occurred like no new big loans/balances. The obvious stuff....but thought I would mention it anyway.
This checks out for me. I went through Tesla for financing. Mine expires on 8/24. Current EDD is Aug 19 - Sep 03.

Thanks for this, it’s really helpful. We also have Tesla lending (US Bank), so I’d had these same questions

My financing via Tesla will expire in a few days, just before my EDD range and I have a VIN. So I probably won't be so lucky! But I'm happy to have a VIN.

Can’t say this is the case for me 😩Financing outside of Tesla. I marked “cash” on my page and I figured Elon would be eager to take it.

My oldest (6) has started pointing out other teslas on the road. He's excited for me to get the Tesla, but its honestly pure torment.

Everytime I see another Tesla I shake my fist and wonder what I did to make Elon upset with me.
That’s tough, not knowing what you did to upset him. I know exactly why I am still waiting. They don’t like people talking smack about their EDD system.

Also we have a few X and 3s in our area and my 4 year old points them out all the time and asks “is your car faster? I bet it is”

My EDD just changed again to “

Estimated Delivery: August 21 - September 04”.​

I ordered on 8/5, EDD was 6-8 weeks so early October; then it changed to “8/22 - 9/11” on 8/6. Today is 8/7 and it changed to “8/21 - 9/4”. I’ll take any delivery before the original “Early October” as long as they don’t start pushing back my EDD 🤞🏻

Reactions: TESRP and potter287