Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many posts indicate that if the EDD window is shortening it means one is getting closer to delivery.

Those who got VINs, can you confirm the length of your delivery window irrespective of actual dates ?

My EDD is 13th Aug to 2nd Sept and the window length has been 20 days ever since I ordered on May 24th. Hoping to get VIN soon.
My windows was like an accordion. It shortened then when I got close it it, it would drop back and extend. When I got my VIN it was in this cycle, didn't really know it was coming.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Did he give you any insight on yours? I ordered the same day as you, similar config and I’m picking up at Smithtown.

My EDD is currently Sept 6-26
I have almost same configuration as you. Ordered 6/21. My EDD is currently Aug 22 - Sept 11, though my SA just told me it’s more likely mid to end of September.

3 months seems to fit with what everyone else on the East coast is seeing

potter287, what is your EDD?

We are also Austin delivery with no financing. EDD is currently Aug 20 - Sep 9. I've been talking with our SA quite a bit trying to get an idea of how much notification we will have as we need to arrange to be in town. In his experience there is typically 1 to 1.5 weeks from VIN to delivery, but he has also seen situations with minimal delay between VIN and delivery date. His answer is that financing does not affect delivery prioritization; though my guess is that the SAs don't actually have all that much insight.
Hey neighbor! 👋🏼 As of right now, my window is 8/19-9/3 so not too far off from
yours. You’ll find a handful of us in this thread in central/north Texas and all of our EDDs have generally been aligned for the past few weeks. Looks like you’re in a similar window!

do you mind me asking which location you’ve been dealing with? My SA at the domain location called last week to let me know my car was expected to go into production “any day now” and I should expect a VIN between 8/10-8/17 and delivery between 8/20-8/30. I don’t know how much do that is true so I took what he said with a grain of salt. Doing the math it seems like I would have anywhere from 1-2 weeks to get everything in line before taking delivery which seems to match what your SA told you!

Hey neighbor! 👋🏼 As of right now, my window is 8/19-9/3 so not too far off from
yours. You’ll find a handful of us in this thread in central/north Texas and all of our EDDs have generally been aligned for the past few weeks. Looks like you’re in a similar window!

do you mind me asking which location you’ve been dealing with? My SA at the domain location called last week to let me know my car was expected to go into production “any day now” and I should expect a VIN between 8/10-8/17 and delivery between 8/20-8/30. I don’t know how much do that is true so I took what he said with a grain of salt. Doing the math it seems like I would have anywhere from 1-2 weeks to get everything in line before taking delivery which seems to match what your SA told you!
Hey! 👋

I received an email from a SA in Las Vegas shortly after I placed the order. Not sure why I was assigned there vs. Domain/Austin. When I had some more detailed questions, the SA connected me to a "delivery manager" that is also based in Las Vegas. Both have been responsive; though neither seem to have much insight other than anecdotal experience.

We'd prefer to have delivery after Sep 4, which is when we are already scheduled to be in Austin. The delivery manager shared that delivery is not at all flexible. For example, if the car is ready on Aug 20 (or whatever date), we only have a two or three day window to accept delivery or the car will be assigned to someone else. I'm just trying to anticipate as best I can whether the EDD is likely to move earlier in to Aug, or shift back to Sep.

Regardless, we're excited to take delivery. We test drove a Tesla (M3 and MY) for the first time in late June and were just immediately hooked.

Reactions: BitJam and MBx4
Oh cool... I did not know that HomeDepot had one of these.... $70, not too bad.

In my case I went by what I was seeing on CarCharging.us and what I could buy on Amazon.... So, I have a 12 inch long TT-30P (male) to NEMA 14-50R (female) power cord / adapter so I'll use my usual 14-50 mobile adapter but manually must set the car to limit the draw at 24 amp.
I think you're on the right track here. The RV community has been using these "dog-bones" for years and have worked great. I'm thinking that as soon as you put a label that says "Tesla" on it, the price goes up 20%. I'd look around RV websites for products that have been around a while. Camco makes some decent items. I'm sure there are others.

Many posts indicate that if the EDD window is shortening it means one is getting closer to delivery.

Those who got VINs, can you confirm the length of your delivery window irrespective of actual dates ?

My EDD is 13th Aug to 2nd Sept and the window length has been 20 days ever since I ordered on May 24th. Hoping to get VIN soon.

Hope that's true. After 7 weeks of a 20 day window today is changed to 19 days. August 21 - September 09

Hey! 👋

I received an email from a SA in Las Vegas shortly after I placed the order. Not sure why I was assigned there vs. Domain/Austin. When I had some more detailed questions, the SA connected me to a "delivery manager" that is also based in Las Vegas. Both have been responsive; though neither seem to have much insight other than anecdotal experience.

We'd prefer to have delivery after Sep 4, which is when we are already scheduled to be in Austin. The delivery manager shared that delivery is not at all flexible. For example, if the car is ready on Aug 20 (or whatever date), we only have a two or three day window to accept delivery or the car will be assigned to someone else. I'm just trying to anticipate as best I can whether the EDD is likely to move earlier in to Aug, or shift back to Sep.

Regardless, we're excited to take delivery. We test drove a Tesla (M3 and MY) for the first time in late June and were just immediately hooked.
It’s a beautiful ride! I can’t wait to get my hands on mine.

With Tesla, it’s so hard to say when you can expect delivery. If you had purchased an LR on 7/4, I’d say you’d definitely be waiting A LOT longer but since you ordered a Performace there’s a good chance it will come much sooner but that’s up to Elon to decide 🙃

Going for a 25 mile bike ride on the Blackstone River Bikeway (Rhode Island)! Just pulled in about to hit the trail 😎
Hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday and getting to do something fun besides refreshing dashboards (I know some of us actually consider that to be “fun” lol). My ride was great, though a bit warm on a New England August day so the group took it pretty leisurely…and turned out to be only 20 miles. Fish and chips afterwards was soooo good. Pics for your enjoyment, no pics of the food because this guy ate it too fast.

The conversation of Tesla came up at lunch. There’s always two camps. One side is “what do you do when your battery stops functioning? Don’t you know Tesla is worse for the environment? Etc.” like okay buddy, it’s not my job to educate you. Your teachers, parents, etc. clearly failed you. I’m sorry. Please go home and enjoy Fox News or OAN or whatever it is people like to watch these days. On the other side it’s “nice, tell me more about it” and the conversation is a lot of fun excitement about the future of EVs.

Attachments

• B43F8C61-EF60-45B9-B103-D26218082B7F.jpeg
    B43F8C61-EF60-45B9-B103-D26218082B7F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • E1DEB7B3-3C04-47AF-906A-1AA8D76C9A6E.jpeg
    E1DEB7B3-3C04-47AF-906A-1AA8D76C9A6E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Some info to share in case it helps.

I called the delivery center because I couldn't remember when my financing expired (8/29, btw). She was very nice and helpful and went so far as to tell me when and how she thinks the VIN would arrive. She said it would likely come during my EDD range (via email for those with Tesla lending) and that they try and prioritize anyone with Tesla lending with expiration dates coming up. She didn't clarify that was a common practice but it sure sounded like the routine the way she explained it. The order is an email and update to the account and then a couple of days later they call to schedule delivery.

So, I am curious if others happen to have expiration dates within their EDD range. If so, maybe there is some logic to it being a factor in getting VIN's and deliveries?

Also, if financing does expire she said they call to get permission and then do a soft credit check and receive the same terms (rate) as long as no major change in personal finance has occurred like no new big loans/balances. The obvious stuff....but thought I would mention it anyway.
Info to share,

Financing through Tesla (JP Chase), approved July 27th, expiration ends Sept 27th, lost EDD on Aug 2nd, returned Aug 3 with new EDD of Aug 18-Sept 7, Aug 6th assigned VIN with new EDD of Aug 15-21, same day EDD changed to Aug 13-19, spoke with SA before second EDD was changed and she said MY scheduled to arrive Aug 18th. Hope this sheds light to CGeiser's post.

MYP | 5 | 20" | White/Black | FSD | Ordered: 5/31

Thought I'd share my chart with you all. The gaps on the left side of the chart are due to not valid dates like "4-12 weeks" or "September". The trend is down and getting closer. I was sitting at 2 "Days From" for about a week from 7/17 to 7/23. Then it jumped and now has returned to 2 "Days From".

The gold line is the net between the number of "Days To" minus the number of "Days From". This has held steady at 20 for the majority of the time but recently has shrunk as low as 17 days.

The green line is the 10-day moving average and is now at 3.8 days. This is the lowest it's been ever.

Based on past performance, I expect the EDD to continue shifting by +1 "Day From" for a few more days and then another spike, a correction, if you will. I will be at 12 weeks from order on Tuesday the 10th.

1628373328913.png