Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been quietly reading this forum for a few months (maybe the last 1000 pages or so...), but I finally have a question that I'm hoping someone knows the answer to.

I ordered MYLR 5 seat, Blue/Black, 19", Tow in New Jersey on May 29 and completed my profile the same day. Today I received a VIN (243xxx) with a new EDD of August 19-25... but I'm going to be out of state for two weeks around those dates. There's no way I could take delivery then. (I could have told Tesla that when I ordered, had they asked. It's the only two weeks all year this would have been a problem.)

Who should I contact at Tesla? I've don't have an SA; I haven't heard anything from anyone at Tesla since I ordered online. So I'm not even sure who I could call. Or should I sit quietly and hope it the date slips further so I don't have to defer delivery?

I assume deferring will put me back in the queue. Does anyone have any idea how far back in the queue you go in this scenario? Am I looking at a Q4 delivery now?

Thanks! Reading this forum has certainly helped fill the waiting time in the last few months...
it's highly unlikely they are going to wait 2 weeks. Even tesla can't tell that they will deliver in that timeframe until you are assigned a VIN. your best chance is to try talking to your delivery team when you are contacted to setup a delivery appointment. If you reject, you might be put into queue. Some people had to wait long and some had quick delivery based on availability in a week or month. so it's completely your luck.

Ordered 5/6. Same dates as of yesterday 8/9-8/21. Been changing daily for the last week shifting +1 day since 8/3. Back end date hasn’t change 8/21z Ordered white with white, inductions, no tow, no fsd, 5 seat. Can’t wait to stop checking for the vin lol
Similar order date, 5/27, LR, White/Black, 5 seat, no tow, no FSD. Similar EDD, 8/9-9/29 early this morning, updated abt 9 AM MDT to "October".

Reactions: JR9386
After ordering my luxe MY MYP, I spoke to my SA which is also my wife’s. He said, “wife’s blue MY has been soft matched and is in production now. Slated to leave Cali the 13th for delivery of the 26th.” So, no VIN, but with that news… were not taking the MY we saw yesterday then. We can wait “two more weeks”… (Elon voice for sure).

Reactions: moe0059