Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a generic "November" EDD? I ordered on 7/22 when the order page said "October," then had no EDD for a few days. My SA said October was accurate. Then, I got an EDD of Sept. 19-30 for a hot second. Then that vanished. Now I'm going back and forth between nothing and "December." I've noticed those with order dates on 7/21 or earlier in July are getting generic "October" EDDs, and those with 7/22 or later are showing "December."

What happened to November?
First rule of Model Y Orders is we don't talk about November, actually maybe thats rule 2

If you have another car to get you by, putting it on hold would potentially yield you the new Model Y 2.0 out of Texas and the 4680 batteries, not sure if they will tack on a premium for that though? and no telling what the supply chain may look like (better or worse) if you put it on hold.
That could be a real possibility. Existing Model S orders were cancelled when the new generation Model S Plaid and LR came out. Remember the $69,420 LR Model S? Turns out there were a few people who ordered, then had their orders cancelled and refunded, Tesla basically saying that product is no longer available. That created a few unhappy campers who felt bait-n-switched. So it could happen with next gen Model Y as well, though could mean another communications headache for Tesla to make that transition.

Reactions: potter287
don't get too down...I bet you get a blue button and VIN this week and delivery by late Aug
Tesla keeps teasing us. Was Oct yesterday, woke up to 9/3-9/23, now Oct back again. At this point I’ve decided next time when wife asks next when we are expecting it, I should just say Oct and to check back again in sometime if she didn’t like that EDD.

Does anyone have a generic "November" EDD? I ordered on 7/22 when the order page said "October," then had no EDD for a few days. My SA said October was accurate. Then, I got an EDD of Sept. 19-30 for a hot second. Then that vanished. Now I'm going back and forth between nothing and "December." I've noticed those with order dates on 7/21 or earlier in July are getting generic "October" EDDs, and those with 7/22 or later are showing "December."

What happened to November?
Welcome to the crazies room!

EDD means absolutely nothing. In here we have all gone mad! You're gonna like it here! We make you happy all day.

All Ys built after 7/1 have bio-defense. If your VIN is higher than 225xxx, then you'll have it. There were a bunch of people discussing this a month ago and were able to determine the dates (built after July 1) and the lowest reported VIN series with it.

Good luck!
i must take back the $h!t talking i said this morning. my SA called me to respond to my question!! you are correct, Rock. my MYP has the bio-defense mode and they gave me my build date. 8/2.

As there isn't much activity or changes today. Let's see if we can have some conversation. Please reply to this and state why you are waiting so much for your car. It could be that you don't have a car and need one now. Or it could just be that, I bought it and I want it and it's okay and feel free to state that.

My reason. I wasn't in a hurry before. I ordered on June 3 and wasn't active that much and used to check EDD rarely. I had 2 cars and was planning to replace one of them. Got a good price for my car and sold it to CarMax. I was able to live with one car as we work from home most of the time and me and wife don't need to commute on same day. Unfortunately it got rear ended on June 18th by a FREAKING girl who was on her phone and going 85 on a 55. Her insurance provided me a rental car but I took to my preferred body shop so the insurance is giving me hard time in extending rental and only give one or two day extensions only citing that the body shop isn't sending information fast. Having a hard time trying to talk to both body shop and insurance and keeping my rental. I'm just vexed and want my tesla so I don't need to deal with these.
Oh, earlier post explains my situation.

Side note: I am back to October this morning, momentarily it was 9/1-9-21 early in the morning I guess not sure anymore, maybe I have started seeing things 👻.

Someone else put it best a few days ago, applies this morning - "Looks like the intern spilled coffee on the keyboard again."

Does anyone else feel like this thread is becoming like High School? I ordered 6/1 which easily makes puts me in Junior year (if not Senior year). I see posts from people that ordered a few weeks ago (LR version) and I kind of roll my eyes - like talk to me in 10 weeks freshman. And I certainly mean no offense to those people, but I feel like 69 days since order date is a badge of honor.

@potter287 - you ordered before me. You're the girl wearing the leather jacket smoking in the bathroom at high school haha

Resident old head here. You all are only the latest in a long line of Tesla owners and enthusiasts to claim that the company would/will go under, fail, lose customers, be beat by competitors, etc... if they don't improve on service, communication and OHMYGODTHECHARGERSARETOOCROWDED.

I understand your frustrations, believe me I do. Especially with service which makes me crazy. But please understand that it doesn't matter. Tesla will continue to grow because their product is simply the best. We'll continue to deal with the headaches to drive the best car. By the time anyone comes close with a car, Tesla will be years ahead.

But also, please note that Model S owners didn't want to share the charging networks with soccer moms in their Xs or the way-too-popular Model 3s. There was shock and outrage and worry that never materialized. The charging network has grown and continues to grow. In 7 years and over 250 chargers, I have had to wait exactly once. I know California is a different animal but just like traffic, we know when to expect delays and when not to.
I didn't say that Tesla would go under or anything like that. But it's really important to remember that Tesla has had virtually NO competition to this point in the US. Over the next 1-5 years, there's going to be competitive cars from Ford/GM/Hyundai/etc. Not saying they'll be better, but it will be real competition, as Tesla moves from more early adopters to the general public as EV adoption picks up. Tesla is the best right now, but the automobile market isn't like consumer software, where you can legitimately capture 80%+ of the market (Google, Facebook, etc.). There's a lot of companies that will eventually catch up, at which point Tesla is going to have to adapt and fix their flaws. Right now they don't really have to, cause their cars are so clearly superior to every other EV that people will just buy them no matter what.

Someone else put it best a few days ago, applies this morning - "Looks like the intern spilled coffee on the keyboard again."

Does anyone else feel like this thread is becoming like High School? I ordered 6/1 which easily makes puts me in Junior year (if not Senior year). I see posts from people that ordered a few weeks ago (LR version) and I kind of roll my eyes - like talk to me in 10 weeks pal. And I certainly mean no offense to those people, but I feel like 69 days since order date is a badge of honor.

@potter287 - you ordered before me. You're the girl wearing the leather jacket smoking in the bathroom at high school haha
this is amazing!

Reactions: potter287
Tesla keeps teasing us. Was Oct yesterday, woke up to 9/3-9/23, now Oct back again. At this point I’ve decided next time when wife asks next when we are expecting it, I should just say Oct and to check back again in sometime if she didn’t like that EDD.
no I yea def hear ya, my wife used to tease me about how excited I'd get over the EDD's and just roll her eyes...but FWIW we were showing October as well as recent as late July...whatever they quoted you at delivery just go with that and take the later of the two dates

Does anyone else feel like this thread is becoming like High School? I ordered 6/1 which easily makes puts me in Junior year (if not Senior year). I see posts from people that ordered a few weeks ago (LR version) and I kind of roll my eyes - like talk to me in 10 weeks freshman. And I certainly mean no offense to those people, but I feel like 69 days since order date is a badge of honor.

8E261FCF-424E-48C3-AFE2-C6A56AEBC48D.gif

Heck yeah!

As there isn't much activity or changes today. Let's see if we can have some conversation. Please reply to this and state why you are waiting so much for your car. It could be that you don't have a car and need one now. Or it could just be that, I bought it and I want it and it's okay and feel free to state that.

My reason. I wasn't in a hurry before. I ordered on June 3 and wasn't active that much and used to check EDD rarely. I had 2 cars and was planning to replace one of them. Got a good price for my car and sold it to CarMax. I was able to live with one car as we work from home most of the time and me and wife don't need to commute on same day. Unfortunately it got rear ended on June 18th by a FREAKING girl who was on her phone and going 85 on a 55. Her insurance provided me a rental car but I took to my preferred body shop so the insurance is giving me hard time in extending rental and only give one or two day extensions only citing that the body shop isn't sending information fast. Having a hard time trying to talk to both body shop and insurance and keeping my rental. I'm just vexed and want my tesla so I don't need to deal with these.
Our stroller won’t fit in our sedan’s trunk, and I found every other SUV/crossover incredibly boring. lol. But also am done with gas cars, so excited about that.