Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just because I'm trying to live in the dream as much as I can before the blue button appears, I've been thinking...

I wonder if they would be willing to just install my homelink at the delivery appointment if I bring it with me. I can see why they'd want to do a mobile service appointment just to be sure the homelink functions properly after installation but it would still be nice to just get it over with at the delivery appointment.

Anyone lost access to your Tesla manage page? I can't even access to my tesla. I can access to my dashboard, but after clicking my tesla, it loads the same page again. EDD used to be Aug 28th-, went to October on Sunday and this is happening now.
Anytime you get taken back to the dashboard, log out, then make like two random clicks on the Tesla website (usually I go to the model S portion of the website), then I log back into my account and it works. No need to delete cache or cookies.

Reactions: TDriverCS
So just because I'm trying to live in the dream as much as I can before the blue button appears, I've been thinking...

I wonder if they would be willing to just install my homelink at the delivery appointment if I bring it with me. I can see why they'd want to do a mobile service appointment just to be sure the homelink functions properly after installation but it would still be nice to just get it over with at the delivery appointment.
you can't. anything you want to do with car should be after delivery.

6/8 MYLR CO order. After seeing the october update and hitting the 62 day period I called an SA to switch me to cash instead of finance. He did mention it looks like September for my order. That'll be in line with the 9-13 weeks 8/10 to 9/7). Its been a painful wait.

As there isn't much activity or changes today. Let's see if we can have some conversation. Please reply to this and state why you are waiting so much for your car. It could be that you don't have a car and need one now. Or it could just be that, I bought it and I want it and it's okay and feel free to state that.

My reason. I wasn't in a hurry before. I ordered on June 3 and wasn't active that much and used to check EDD rarely. I had 2 cars and was planning to replace one of them. Got a good price for my car and sold it to CarMax. I was able to live with one car as we work from home most of the time and me and wife don't need to commute on same day. Unfortunately it got rear ended on June 18th by a FREAKING girl who was on her phone and going 85 on a 55. Her insurance provided me a rental car but I took to my preferred body shop so the insurance is giving me hard time in extending rental and only give one or two day extensions only citing that the body shop isn't sending information fast. Having a hard time trying to talk to both body shop and insurance and keeping my rental. I'm just vexed and want my tesla so I don't need to deal with these.
We’ve been looking into getting new cars for the past year or so, we still have 2010 & 2015 cars we had when we started dating, with neither car being practical for a family. We decided we wanted an electric midsize to be able to comfortably fit 2-3 more people and storage that would be nice to drive around the valley, while also adding a cheaper commuter type car such as a Toyota/Hyundai/Honda.

After researching what we wanted the Model Y was far and away the top choice and now that it’s ordered, we both just really want it lol.

Everyone Call This Number And Press Option 4 For Logistics… And Tell Them You Wanting An Update Because Your Promised Time When Ordered Is Up… Flood Their Lines… 510-249-3100… Please Post Your Answers On What They Provided…
Not me. Tesla is doing better under the circumstances, take Mach-E for example, wait is 24+ weeks and demand is no where close to Model-Y.

Even with unconventional methods, Q2 has seen more than 200k (definitely Y beats 3)deliveries. We are now witnessing May/June orders getting VINs, which are essentially the Q2 spillovers. I have not seen any bias in this forum, VINs are being assigned in order, few exceptions here n there, maybe a week or two apart, depending on the location, configuration whatever, but in general, I believe the wait is not more than 3 months.

We are all in a simple but long queue, if we ignore the EDD part, there is nothing to complain about.

Not me. Tesla is doing better under the circumstances, take Mach-E for example, wait is 24+ weeks and demand is no where close to Model-Y.

Even with unconventional methods, Q2 has seen more than 200k (definitely Y beats 3)deliveries. We are now witnessing May/June orders getting VINs, which are essentially the Q2 spillovers. I have not seen any bias in this forum, VINs are being assigned in order, few exceptions here n there, maybe a week or two apart, depending on the location, configuration whatever, but in general, I believe the wait is not more than 3 months.

We are all in a simple but long queue, if we ignore the EDD part, there is nothing to complain about.
I agree

EDDs are nice to have as a rough estimate. I've had multiple ICE orders that I've waited months for with no daily, weekly, or ever ;) updates until the car arrived.

a little simplified, but yes. It seems like while Tesla is trying to handle the oldest orders first they're not prioritizing them over profits as we can see East coast april/ may orders still unfulfilled. If this was a true "queue" they'd push to take care of orders in the order they were placed but even Tesla admits that's not the case on their manage page for every MY order:

Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Read between the lines: order date is just part of their "algorithm".

On that note though, it's disappointing that they don't have homelink installed by default anymore. I don't know if the MY ever came with it by default, but the M3 did at some point. I wonder if the price of the car actually dropped by $300 when they chose to make it a separate purchase.

On that note though, it's disappointing that they don't have homelink installed by default anymore. I don't know if the MY ever came with it by default, but the M3 did at some point. I wonder if the price of the car actually dropped by $300 when they chose to make it a separate purchase.
I don't believe the MY ever came with it. I agree it is disappointing it doesn't come installed. At the very least, they should allow it as another box you can check in the order process like they do for a tow hitch. Seems as trivial a part in the manufacturing process as a tow hitch to me.

I don't believe the MY ever came with it. I agree it is disappointing it doesn't come installed. At the very least, they should allow it as another box you can check in the order process like they do for a tow hitch. Seems as trivial a part in the manufacturing process as a tow hitch to me.
And by this, I just mean it doesn't make sense they would offer a tow hitch as an option but not homelink. I've literally watched a homelink install on a Model 3 with my own two eyes and it's nothing.

Reactions: EVHokie07
another thing a lot of us seem to overlook is that Tesla is still a very low volume manufacturer compared to their competition. Pre-pandemc Ford sold ~300k f150's a quarter, that's more than all the MY's and M3's combined last quarter. Even with giga texas up and running IN TWO WEEKS they're still not going to have the economy of scale compared to any of the large traditional manufacturers who have many many more manufacturing plants.

I am not upset about delivery date yet - but I know i will be.

Currently waiting on White Model Y Long Range w/White Interior & Tow Hitch
  1. Ordered on 7/30
  2. initial delivery date was October
  3. Moved to November on August 4
  4. Updated to December delivery today

I ordered a Model 3 in 2019 and my delivery was pushed about 4 weeks from initial quoted delivery date.