Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha almost had a heart attack! I got this text message just now and I thought it was about my delivery...

My first ever text message from Tesla which references my order...SUCH A TEASE!!! WTF.

Attachments

• 2021-08-09 at 3.38 PM.jpeg
    2021-08-09 at 3.38 PM.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 65
I’ve seen this question a while back but I don’t recall the answer:
My profile is completed except for proof of insurance. I’m in one of the states where the requirement is that the Tesla VIN must appear on the policy. Do I wait for the VIN or upload my current insurance card?

I wouldn’t be so sure that’s how they’re doling out VINs though. Finding a driver to transport the cars is difficult right now what with the truck driver shortage. I think logistics has a lot more to do with VIN assignments for orders in the central states and on the east coast than a lot of people give credit for. Don’t lose hope! 🤞
This. I bought an inventory car on 8/3 vin 236. I called everyday since Thursday of last week to schedule delivery and they were having a hard time scheduling a transport to bring it down to me. Only today was I finally able to schedule delivery for 8/15. Again this was a prebuilt inventory car, I’m only in Southern California and its taken almost 2 weeks.

I’ve seen this question a while back but I don’t recall the answer:
My profile is completed except for proof of insurance. I’m in one of the states where the requirement is that the Tesla VIN must appear on the policy. Do I wait for the VIN or upload my current insurance card?
Upload current info and then update later. It really doesn't matter, per my SA, but they said it is completely fine to key in your current info. For me, that meant only providing policy # and exp date; whereas, I assumed I would be uploading my card.

I'm selling my 3 tomorrow 5k more than what Tesla offered me lol
Where are you selling? I checked Tesla's trade-in offer a few days ago and it went way up from their offer a month ago ($31.6k -> $36.5k) which made it fairly competitive with the 10.4% tax break factored in. Checked again today and Tesla's offer is back down to $32.7k.

Anyone that has taken delivery at Mt. Kisco that can give me an idea of VIN to actual delivery date? Got VIN today but delivery window is 8/20-8/26…curious if it will come sooner than 11 days or if it really takes that long to make the hike from CA? I also cannot do 8/20-8/23 so hoping it’ll be a bit earlier than 8/20.

Reactions: TESRP
Where are you selling? I checked Tesla's trade-in offer a few days ago and it went way up from their offer a month ago ($31.6k -> $36.5k) which made it fairly competitive with the 10.4% tax break factored in. Checked again today and Tesla's offer is back down to $32.7k.
private party! the highest offers out of Tesla, vroom.com, carvana.com, driveway.com, carbuyerusa.com, and Carfax...driveway offered me the highest surprisingly.

private party is the way to go though, got 4k more on top of driveway.com's offer by going via private party

Reactions: PNWLeccy