Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember DIY swapping out my summer wheels for the winter ones on my 2001 BMW E46 3 series. What a PITA that was. Not nearly as bad as attempting to use the spare tire as a means to DIY rotate my own tires. Jack up front driver, take off wheel put on spare. Jack up rear passenger, take off wheel, put on tire from front driver... etc.

It was also a time in my life when I didn't have the responsibility of kids, so I had time to DIY.
That sounds miserable! I am lucky enough to have separate dedicated sets, but I've still been DIYing the changes. The challenge with a kid has been she never napped long enough for me to fully finish a change. So I would have to stop in the middle, which meant at least twice I forgot where I was and didn't tighten all the bolts all the way.

Feels like Tesla is starting to wind down the East coast deliveries and focus on west and midwest deliveries for their Quarterly revenue push. Hate to say it to you all, but it seems like you are casualties of the system. By end of august if us in illinois/ midwest don't take delivery/ have a vin we'll be joining you in the october/ november/ december camp
I just don't think this makes any sense. Nobody at Tesla is saying "Ok, it's the middle of the quarter, all remaining production goes to west coast so we can deliver more" Tesla has a production and distribution plan whether anyone on here believes it or not and they follow it, always. They don't try to manipulate quarter end number by shifting a few deliveries. This whole thought process is just ridiculous to me. Hey all Tesla employees east of Utah, take the last month of the quarter off.....

Reactions: PatrickTM and MBx4
I just don't think this makes any sense. Nobody at Tesla is saying "Ok, it's the middle of the quarter, all remaining production goes to west coast so we can deliver more" Tesla has a production and distribution plan whether anyone on here believes it or not and they follow it, always. They don't try to manipulate quarter end number by shifting a few deliveries. This whole thought process is just ridiculous to me. Hey all Tesla employees east of Utah, take the last month of the quarter off.....
this shift was witnessed about 1000 pages ago on this thread in mid May when a lot of east coasters lost their EDD's or were pushed out to late Q3 dates. This is a proven pattern, not a hunch.

So for us East Coasters - I'm not abandoning hope yet! I just graphically mapped out by EDDs and it looks like I still have 13 seperate EDD ranges that all overlap from 9/7-9/18.

Reading tea leaves here but pretty indicative of trending that timeframe despite all the whiplash. Unfortunately the line of best fit is definitely also trending later 😞

7420CC8D-6770-45A8-8C37-8BA006412536.jpeg

This was the same situation I was in with the Model 3. Had a 2-seater that the infant car seat wouldn't have fit into. The car fortunately came first but not by much. I have a pic of my very pregnant self struggling to climb out of the trunk at delivery, after I quickly jumped in before I could consider the consequences...

My hubs never had an automatic in his life until our Model S! (Granted, his "life" was just 4 cars by that age.)
Coincidentally this will also be my 5th! Haha #2 was stolen in.....Philly!

Reactions: Chemios and TESRP
That sounds miserable! I am lucky enough to have separate dedicated sets, but I've still been DIYing the changes. The challenge with a kid has been she never napped long enough for me to fully finish a change. So I would have to stop in the middle, which meant at least twice I forgot where I was and didn't tighten all the bolts all the way.
Haha I had the same thing happen one time, only I had the drivers side changed out and had to stop because my son was up. I then had to run to pick something up, with half the car's wheels changed out.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Oh I asked about that too they said they continue deliveries throughout the quarter through the end. It Dosent just stop for the WC. There was a lul of deliveries/VINS in late June because of retooling for the new filter assembly. Who knows if any of this is true take it for what it’s worth.. lol

Ahead one day in real time, back two days in Teslatime. 9/9-9/29

Meanwhile, my family started a pool to determine which day we get the VIN. Closest chooses the first restaurant out in the new car.

My wife took the pessimist route and my 11 year old took the super optimistic dates. If he wins, I’ll be happy to schlep the family to McD’s in the MY. Don’t even care one bit.

So for us East Coasters - I'm not abandoning hope yet! I just graphically mapped out by EDDs and it looks like I still have 13 seperate EDD ranges that all overlap from 9/7-9/18.

Reading tea leaves here but pretty indicative of trending that timeframe despite all the whiplash. Unfortunately the line of best fit is definitely also trending later 😞

View attachment 694799

Here, try this... Tesla EDD Tracker

this shift was witnessed about 1000 pages ago on this thread in mid May when a lot of east coasters lost their EDD's or were pushed out to late Q3 dates. This is a proven pattern, not a hunch.
I realize there were a few people on here who lost VINs and the Assumption was that it was to shift deliveries to 2nd qtr due to delivery times to east coast. Obviously no proof of any of that. You also have to realize, there are a hundred or so active people on this board and 70,000 MY deliveries per quarter. What happens here does not prove a pattern.