Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope uo
Hi everyone!

I cant post my details in my signature yet so I will list them out here.

MY7 | Blue on White | 20's | no tow - Pick Up: Springfield, NJ
Order Date 5/20 - Color Switched 6/09 - VIN received 08/11 - EDD 8/14-8/18

I had just emailed my SA last night saying if they put any demo's up for sale and received his response this morning that he will definitely let me know. I checked my EDD a moment ago and saw the Tesla Vision blue button and got my VIN (244197)

East Coast they are coming! Hang in there.
I hope you are right. Ordered 06/02 and still waiting.

Reactions: bcuzYnot
I've been following these forums since I put my order in, here's my information.

Placed Order: 07/20
Finished Initial Paperwork: 07/21
Received VIN: 08/11
EDD: August 22 - August 28
Delivery Date: Not scheduled yet

I had an EDD as early as 08 August and as late as 05 September. I was 25 Aug - 05 Sep as of yesterday until I got my VIN today.

MYP

Reactions: TheRock23
Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 6.23.43 PM.png

Progress. Cautiously optimistic.

Less than 48hours until delivery appointment. Just an FYI:

- received the final payment email this evening
- going through tesla financing, completed it in April 2021. They automatically RE-ran the credit check and I got another approval with another bank. So heads up for those choosing to finance with tesla, they may recheck your credit without a heads up for the 2nd time.
Perfect. I was going to ask the same question. Got the VIN 8/2 and pick up on 8/16 and still no credit check ( Wells Fargo) and the Review agreement button is still not solid. So hopefully I would be seeing that in a few days. (Fingers crossed) I'm assuming you can do a combination of both ACH and cashier's check for the the down payment? ACH happens at the dealership or before? Thanks

Reactions: moe0059
I agree with you but where are you getting 8-10%
That's just normal historical S&P returns--I do better than that, but it's fine to just say 8% - 10% and not have to dicker abut my personal returns. But in fact this year I'm up 18.59% so far, last year I was up 26%, the year before it was up 33%, the year before down 5%, the year before up 29%, etc. Why in the world would I want to pull $60K out of that to save 2%?

So, I refreshed my odometer on Saturday. I emailed my SA asking if everything was ok because its been been more than 72hrs and I haven’t received an offer yet, and bc of that my profile wasn’t showing as completed and my EDD went crazy. Anyways, she emails back: “I can cancel the trade-in and add it when you get your VIN, that way your profile shows as completed.” …I’m processing this information while my order page is loading and boom, my trade-in is nowhere 😐 she canceled it without even waiting for my response. Now….. will canceling my trade-in send me to the back of the line? 😩

That's just normal historical S&P returns--I do better than that, but it's fine to just say 8% - 10% and not have to dicker abut my personal returns. But in fact this year I'm up 18.59% so far, last year I was up 26%, the year before it was up 33%, the year before down 5%, the year before up 29%, etc. Why in the world would I want to pull $60K out of that to save 2%?
Not saying I agree with this outlook, but one reason would be the market tanks and your $60k is now $30k and you’ve also just lost your job because we’re in a recession. I’d probably rather have car payments and $30k as a safety net, but can understand why someone would prefer the certainty of no payments.

Or you are so rich $60k is a rounding error. 🤣

Reactions: PatrickTM and Wigan
So, I refreshed my odometer on Saturday. I emailed my SA asking if everything was ok because its been been more than 72hrs and I haven’t received an offer yet, and bc of that my profile wasn’t showing as completed and my EDD went crazy. Anyways, she emails back: “I can cancel the trade-in and add it when you get your VIN, that way your profile shows as completed.” …I’m processing this information while my order page is loading and boom, my trade-in is nowhere 😐 she canceled it without even waiting for my response. Now….. will canceling my trade-in send me to the back of the line? 😩
I don’t know whether I should cancel mine or not - I guess I’ll give it a few days. Even though I have a VIN I am assuming nothing is set in stone until I accept delivery lol.

Reactions: You Know Who
Not saying I agree with this outlook, but one reason would be the market tanks and your $60k is now $30k and you’ve also just lost your job because we’re in a recession. I’d probably rather have car payments and $30k as a safety net, but can understand why someone would prefer the certainty of no payments.

Or you are so rich $60k is a rounding error. 🤣
You're right, the best way to handle money is so individual and risk tolerance dependent, there's never going to be a one-size-fits-all answer.

I don’t know whether I should cancel mine or not - I guess I’ll give it a few days. Even though I have a VIN I am assuming nothing is set in stone until I accept delivery lol.
I was told it takes up to 72hrs, but I got my previous offers in 24hrs, except this 3rd one. It’s scary, messing with the profile after all this time is no joke 😅
Hopefully all goes well for you!

I accidentally clicked the link to "cancel" while I was waiting for a refresh, and there was no confirmation to stop that process. My profile looks the same as yours, and my EDD really hasn't changed at all since that happened. It doesn't look like it affects anything.