Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting totally off topic from our delivery date woes discussion, but I can't resist. If you want a clear quantitative perspective of the actions we could take realistically which could make the biggest difference, here is a great read.

Unfortunately, the author a Cambridge University physics professor passed away from cancer. Taken too early. If you are technically inclined, there is much here for you to sink your teeth into. If you are not, you can still get a lot. He provides a quick analysis, and then defers detailed engineering analysis to the second half of the book. It's a free downloadable book by the way.

Thanks for the reference! I'll take a look. Engineer by training, although no longer practicing, so this kind of stuff is great to come across to satisfy my nerd side.

Dumping those hoses from the Mach E out on the table....

Sandy Munro Video on YouTube

Not embarrassed to admit that I've watched all 40+ Model Y teardown videos from Sandy Munro. I am still tipping my cashiers.

He has given me confidence in Tesla's continuous improvements, particularly when compared to the original 3 teardown in 2018. MY seems rock solid.

Well, front date moved back to 8/14-9/2 today. It’s getting easier for me because I've reached the point where I believe I’m never getting this car 😂. I also wonder where the Tesla EDD gets this front date from. By my calculations there is no world in which I could get the car by 8/14, even if I got a VIN right now. Because of travel time, detailing, etc.

Any recommendation for read door PPF, as its sold out on Tesla website. Taking delivery this month, and no response from SA when I asked about factory installed PPF. To be safe, I am planning to buy 3rd party ppf for rear door that I can install.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.
If you're getting windows tinted, or any form of partial PPF, the shop can easily do the rear door strips for very cheap. If you do a sizeable job they might even do it for free.

thank you to whoever dropped that delivery 888 number. i called them for S&G's and they said... "oh, its arriving early. you can pick it up on tuesday instead of wednesday."

if i did not follow this group... i would be paying more, waiting longer and lashing out to my therapist about tesla. thanks for the help all!
already saved 888-518-3752 to my Favorites!

I was on call with DCU yesterday to finalize my loan approval. Once after everything was done, they asked me the address to ship my cheque which defaults to home address. I instead asked them to ship it to Tesla directly. But the agent on the other end mentioned with the history they have with Tesla, they do not suggest getting the cheque delivered to Tesla directly as they have run into situations where cars were rejected on delivery date and the buyer had to run behind Tesla to get their cheque back to DCU.

So, I'm getting it shipped to my home directly.

Guys I’m working already! Started at 6:30am!

Being extra basic at work, brought some stuff......

;)

Attachments

• FEADE0F4-58A5-449C-AB39-B50E6481A2F8.jpeg
    FEADE0F4-58A5-449C-AB39-B50E6481A2F8.jpeg
    594.5 KB · Views: 64
I was on call with DCU yesterday to finalize my loan approval. Once after everything was done, they asked me the address to ship my cheque which defaults to home address. I instead asked them to ship it to Tesla directly. But the agent on the other end mentioned with the history they have with Tesla, they do not suggest getting the cheque delivered to Tesla directly as they have run into situations where cars were rejected on delivery date and the buyer had to run behind Tesla to get their cheque back to DCU.

So, I'm getting it shipped to my home directly.
When I talked for pre-approval they said they can ship both home and Tesla. I will be getting it to my home address. I want to have control of it rather than running behind Tesla. Particularly when you are in east coast it's the best option.

Reactions: MBx4 and PatrickTM
My wife uses the peloton during her lunch break at work (when she used to go to the office) and swears by it, but I'm not sure I want to join that stationary biking culture after the weird cultish experience I had when she took me to Soul Cycle for the first time. haha ruined me for stationary bikes. Also I don't think we have room for a stationary bike.
I'm notoriously good at staying away from drama... so I basically bought the bike, told a few friends who I thought would like it (all but one purchased), and use it to ride. I don't visit any websites, message boards, etc. except an occasional tweet to shout out an instructor. So if there's a cult out there, we've never crossed paths.
My girlfriend has been really wanting to get a Peloton, I'm usually the cheapskate and like do we really need a $2K+ bike, what other options are out there, all your talk makes me think she should just go for it now. I'm just always concerned about workout equipment getting hype for a couple months and then all losing interest after that and it collects dust.
Can only speak for myself as a cardio-phobic person who never stuck with a routine in my life... the Peloton has so many damn classes you never get bored. I mean one day it's music lover Denis who literally plays a Genesis song directly after a Shabba Ranks song then the next day it's Matt, the nerdy looking white guy curating an Atlanta hip hop themed endurance ride for Black History Month; then it's a much anticipated "two for one" with two instructors feeding off each other's energy or a live ride where Usain Bolt is literally riding at the same time. Or it's an entire ride dedicated to the Hamilton Sound Track or an older millennial in black eyeliner reliving her youth with a 2000s punk rock ride. And that's just rides - never mind the 10 minute back and chest workout that will have you noodle-armed for a week or the full body workout that doesn't require a single piece of equipment that will kick your butt.