Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does it work for those of us financing our cars, do we provide an EDD on our payments arriving? Kidding....kidding.

As I approach my delivery date, I realize I will miss staying current on this forum with you all. But the cycle is we fade away a tiny bit when a VIN is received, a bit more as a delivery date is scheduled, and then even more as we take delivery. It is the cycle of this forum (subtle pun for the Peloton crew that surfaced today).

It is awesome to see the newer July and August orders come in and take over the forum; helping others and providing the answers. I still think of the April and May orders and shake my fist at Elon on your behalf daily. Can't forget about ya'll (had to reference the Texas crew one more time).

I will be a little quieter on the forum but will still watch for a tag to help where I can if needed.

How does it work for those of us financing our cars, do we provide an EDD on our payments arriving? Kidding....kidding.

As I approach my delivery date, I realize I will miss staying current on this forum with you all. But the cycle is we fade away a tiny bit when a VIN is received, a bit more as a delivery date is scheduled, and then even more as we take delivery. It is the cycle of this forum (subtle pun for the Peloton crew that surfaced today).

It is awesome to see the newer July and August orders come in and take over the forum; helping others and providing the answers. I still think of the April and May orders and shake my fist at Elon on your behalf daily. Can't forget about ya'll (had to reference the Texas crew one more time).

I will be a little quieter on the forum but will still watch for a tag to help where I can if needed.
You are a beautiful soul. And speaking as one of the last straggler Texans that ordered in May/June, you will be missed. But I pray to join you in Model Y Heaven soon.

Keep swingin those kettle bells, sir. Though I do not recommend you continue drinking 1 gallon of coffee every morning. I tried it yesterday and had a caffeine induced panic attack.

Well wishes from EDD Hell,

-paobrien7

Look for a White MYP or Blue MYLR haha
Didn’t see an MYP or blue. About 15 up there, mostly Model 3’s. Wouldn’t let me load all the pictures.

Attachments

• 42DECD5F-B880-49BA-A760-634C7685790C.png
    42DECD5F-B880-49BA-A760-634C7685790C.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • DC02B5F6-CBFD-4AFD-8A39-63D6C263FAC8.png
    DC02B5F6-CBFD-4AFD-8A39-63D6C263FAC8.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
We just sold to vroom and I wish we hadn't. So they started off by sending us the wrong paperwork twice and then we had to keep calling to make sure that they had stuff right. Then the carrier they scheduled just literally never responded to my requests to know when they would be out. It wasn't until I called vroom and said hey I have to pay to keep this car here and your not doing your part what gives... Next day the carrier was out and took our car. The part they don't tell you!!! That 2-3 days to write your check doesn't start till 72 hours after they take your car......... so they have my car and title and I still don't have the money.... I'm not happy with them. They have until tomorrow before I call again and start inquiring as to what they're doing with my money. Don't use Vroom if you can avoid it. save yourself the hassle or if you don't mind the wait use them but keep on top of them to make sure everything happens because the right hand has no clue what the left is doing if you know what I mean.
I had a great experience with Carmax. Went to their website, put in the details of my trade, uploaded some pictures and got a fantastic valuation. I booked my appointment and drove there at the designated time. Everything checked out and I walked out with a cashiers check within an hour! The offer was $3500 over Tesla. No haggling and zero hassle.

Reactions: RatsFPV and mikedjp
Can someone recommend any good site from where you can order Y accessories(want to distract myself instead of refreshing for EDD's 😀 )? Also looking to buy Jack pads since I heard some tire shops wont have it handy
Buy all the accessories! But if you're going to a tire shop needs jack pucks, I'd would avoid that tire shop. Most reputable shops (Costco Tire, Discount Tire/America's Tire, Firestone, Goodyear, etc.) will use car lifts that have the pad built in. If they're using a jack, they'd need the pucks. But the much bigger question is why are they using floor jacks?

Buy all the accessories! But if you're going to a tire shop needs jack pucks, I'd would avoid that tire shop. Most reputable shops (Costco Tire, Discount Tire/America's Tire, Firestone, Goodyear, etc.) will use car lifts that have the pad built in. If they're using a jack, they'd need the pucks. But the much bigger question is why are they using floor jacks?
Great point...also the use case of swapping between summer/winter tires DIY

Reactions: PatrickTM
EV is going to be a hard sell to the pickup crowd as it is, the Cybertruck design is too radical to sway any of that crowd. The Lightning is going to be the EV truck people buy who want a truck. The Cybertruck is going to be a novelty vehicle.
I agree with you to a certain degree. Many pickup truck owners don’t really need a truck, but it suits how they perceive themselves and how they want to be perceived. In that respect the Cybertruck will also appeal to their need for attention. Meanwhile, the people who can really use a truck may find the functionality and durability of the Cybertruck to be more suitable. My money, literally, is on both as I have stock in both.

Tom

Reactions: Joshnolan225