Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we made it home from the delivery center. The delivery process was super simple at the Carlsbad center. We weren’t rushed when I looked over the car. My boys were bored because I was taking so long. Lol. A few panel gaps that everyone has been reporting: trunk lid, spoiler not fully attached on the right corner, right rear passenger door trim, the headlights need to be shifted slightly towards the back of the car. A few scuffs on the white interior (I wiped it away easily with the baby wipes). Honestly, nothing major that I would reject the car. During the two hours we were there we were the only Performance being delivered. So lots of LR being delivered!! (Those waiting keep the faith) The rep who reviewed all the issues I found was really helpful. He took the time to help me set up a few things on the car ( I wasn’t expecting that) overall a better experience than I was expecting.

Our drive home reminded me why the demand is so high. It was rush hour traffic and the one pedal drive made it so much easier! Once it cleared up… instant smooth power at all speeds!! Wicked fast. My boys came up with the name of Rocket 🚀

I’m extremely lucky to receive the car in record time. Order date 7/19 and pick up on 8/12. The 24 days were filled with lots of ups and downs ( I’m super impatient and can’t fathom waiting 3 months or longer). Again mad respect to those who ordered April/May/June. Keep the faith! Thanks everyone for the support! Mahalo.
Did they fix the panel issues or did you have to reschedule for a service appointment for another day?

Well, we made it home from the delivery center. The delivery process was super simple at the Carlsbad center. We weren’t rushed when I looked over the car. My boys were bored because I was taking so long. Lol. A few panel gaps that everyone has been reporting: trunk lid, spoiler not fully attached on the right corner, right rear passenger door trim, the headlights need to be shifted slightly towards the back of the car. A few scuffs on the white interior (I wiped it away easily with the baby wipes). Honestly, nothing major that I would reject the car. During the two hours we were there we were the only Performance being delivered. So lots of LR being delivered!! (Those waiting keep the faith) The rep who reviewed all the issues I found was really helpful. He took the time to help me set up a few things on the car ( I wasn’t expecting that) overall a better experience than I was expecting.

Our drive home reminded me why the demand is so high. It was rush hour traffic and the one pedal drive made it so much easier! Once it cleared up… instant smooth power at all speeds!! Wicked fast. My boys came up with the name of Rocket 🚀

I’m extremely lucky to receive the car in record time. Order date 7/19 and pick up on 8/12. The 24 days were filled with lots of ups and downs ( I’m super impatient and can’t fathom waiting 3 months or longer). Again mad respect to those who ordered April/May/June. Keep the faith! Thanks everyone for the support! Mahalo.
That pic is s3xy af

Daily refresh done and the hurt continues. The positive: Actually the first day in well over a week that the entire date range didn’t simply shift one day later as if to just provide a slow death. The negative: The front end date shifted by 1 day (that is 13 days in a row of me being 12 days from my EDD window), but the back end extended by 4 more days now to 9/12. So overall actually worse. A much faster death. A fast death is better than a slow death. Winning.

ordered 5/31
black/black LR 20”

Daily refresh done and the hurt continues. The positive: Actually the first day in well over a week that the entire date range didn’t simply shift one day later as if to just provide a slow death. The negative: The front end date shifted by 1 day (that is 13 days in a row of me being 12 days from my EDD window), but the back end extended by 4 more days now to 9/12. So overall actually worse. A much faster death. A fast death is better than a slow death. Winning.

ordered 5/31
black/black LR 20”
In a similar situation

It’s really interesting how random EDDs are and how differently they move for different people.

Seeing so many people that ordered weeks or months before me (Jul 4) have random moves to October and November.

Meanwhile, my EDD has basically been 9/13 or 9/14 - 9/30 the last month straight. (Minus blips to October)

But this morning it moved to 9/16 - 9/30. Which is interesting and gives me perhaps false hope that EoQ is realistic for me.

But seriously, how can one customers EDD be super stable and others lose it randomly and have it jump 1-2 months ahead without any obvious reason?

Maybe they need to take a break from autopilot and put a software engineer on their logistics forecasting algorithm.

I’m so confused, why would the guys at Tesla tell me its in production and will be completed from factory on Sunday Aug 13th, if my dates just moved back further by 4 days, well the last number, the firth number is still on a one day at a time movement.

I want to call them, but they are still closed.....i wanna see if that Soft date moved too

ordered 5/31
black/black LR 20”
And @Brad497

Weird I have same exact car, B/B/20” and my dates are Aug 28-Sept 13 very close to @StealthY. Maybe they are finally being done, and the Black on Black.......its our turn yay!

I’m so confused, why would the guys at Tesla tell me its in production and will be completed from factory on Sunday Aug 13th, if my dates just moved back further by 4 days, well the last number, the firth number is still on a one day at a time movement.

I want to call them, but they are still closed.....i wanna see if that Soft date moved too
My soft date moved like 3 times. The punks we call SAs don’t know anything. They just tell us anything to shut us up.

I reached out to my SA yesterday despite kind of expecting nothing useful out of the effort. He indicated most have experienced dates shifting a little later (I think he meant here locally) and said he fully expects to have me in the car before the end of September. That was yesterday when my end date was set at 9/8. So goes without saying that was a bit of a body blow given I finally sold my car this week due to how close to the delivery window I have been for weeks.

See that is what i am talking about....atleast other companies give a proper status like if the order is currently in production , in transit etc...I don't mind the delay but this random EDD without a pattern is bullshit

Reactions: tokyovja