Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was her motion sickness because of the bumps...or the amount of times you stood on the accelerator?!?!? :)
Oh you are 100% bang on. I had to start telling her when I was going to stand on it... Just didn't recover as quickly between bursts. We're also used to the more gentle regen option we were grandfathered into on the M3 so I was admittedly not great at managing the one pedal driving.

Like I said, I don't think the ride quality was bad in the MYP, just not for everyone depending on what you're after.

It sits lower and the suspension is sport tuned. The low-profile tires mean you feel the road quite a bit more. There isn't a whole lot of body roll in the MYLR but it is dang near nil in the MYP.

So to directly answer your question with your options: A bit harsher, vibration was relatively unchanged, you will feel the bumps more.

It wasn't jarring or anything, just not for everyone. My wife hadn't eaten before we tested the MYP and caused a bit of motion sickness compared to the MYLR.
Did the MYLR you drove have the 19 or 20 inch rims? Wondering what the ride difference is between those, if any.

Did the MYLR you drove have the 19 or 20 inch rims? Wondering what the ride difference is between those, if any.
I don't want to overextend myself here with my feedback by claiming I am an expert on something I am not. The MYLR I drove had the 20" wheels - looked sharp for those of you in the Blue/20" crew!

Did not get to compare it to the ride of the 19" gemini wheels.

Also, Welcome to the forum!

i picked up my performance today.... i dont have the LR to give a thorough comparison (though i have driven 2 in the past for less than an hour). i am VERY happy with the timeline and the overall look and aggressiveness (when wanted) of the performance. add to the fact its not 10k more since the LR has been creeping up in price. end of the day, your call. #MYP
I'm going to test drive the Performance this weekend. That will probably be my deciding factor.

Thats a $7k question you need to answer... I test drove both. Couldn't not smile every time I put it to the floor in the MYP. That said, I thought the MYLR had plenty of get up and go coming from the sports sedan I currently have.

The ride quality difference was significant. I actually preferred the sport set-up in the MYP but *ahem* somebody else in the family didn't like it, a lot.

Chip shortage will take some time still to unwind but all market indicators are currently that used car values are peaking/just apexed. My trade-in has essentially been driven to the ground so I am not worried about losing a whole heck of a lot.

ETA: There are plenty in both camps on this forum. I have met plenty that are suffering along with me through the meaningless yet oh so influential to my mood EDDs for months. I have decided it is my own interest to stick with the MYLR, and I respect the decision/demands of those that elected to switch to the MYP for sake of timliness.

I'm not too worried about the $7k price difference. I've been racking up miles on my car and it's only going to get worse in October. Even with the insurance increase (assuming about $200/month), I'll still be saving about $200-$250 a month on gas/maintenance, plus the price difference in trade in (even if it goes down only another $2k, that's $2k closer in gap), and I was planning on getting aftermarket wheels for the LR that I wouldn't have to anymore. Plus a raise/bonuses at work. It's basically going to be how much more fun is the Performance to drive? LA traffic will be miserable either way when I commute, but I live out in the middle of nowhere so the first 50 miles out and my last 50 miles back are empty roads (and I think I live like 5 miles from a track).

I test drove the Long Range and bought the Performance. I do not think that the ride is bad...I have definitely had worse rides...even in newer luxury vehicles.
I don’t think the ride in the Performance is bad either. However, “not bad” is probably the highest marks I can deliver for the ride quality of the P. What I found more noticeable was actually the sensitive nature of the steering. That was something unusual to get used to! Just like regen braking, it requires a fine touch to drive smoothly, to get just right 👌

I’m sure all the P owners are now thinking, jeez, what a noob over here lol.

• Informative
Reactions: MBx4
I don't want to overextend myself here with my feedback by claiming I am an expert on something I am not. The MYLR I drove had the 20" wheels - looked sharp for those of you in the Blue/20" crew!

Did not get to compare it to the ride of the 19" gemini wheels.

Also, Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, have been keeping an eye since page ~1,000, finally stopped procrastinating and made a profile.

If anyone else has experience driving the MYLR with 19 versus 20 inch wheels please let me know your thoughts.

My orders are:

July 1 OD / MYLR / 7 seat / 20 inch / white ext / black int / no tow or FSD - EDD has been steady at Sep 16 or 17-30 since ordering

August 15 OD / MYLR / 5 Seat / Blue Ext / black int / no tow or FSD - EDD Dec 4- Dec 20

Hoping we get the July 1 order soon! My wife is 7 months pregnant and all we have is a M3 which she can barely get out of! (Had an SUV we got rid of a few days ago). Crossing fingers we get this by Sep 17 or I’ll be in trouble.

Reactions: MMurrayGA and TESRP
Ok so literally this is how my EDD has acted in the last 2 months.
It has always stayed at 2 weeks from current date, and a two week duration window.

The last number will stay the same until Friday, the first number will move back one day at a time giving you hope.
Let me show you the sequence.

Monday: Aug 26 - Sep 9
Tuesday: Aug 27 - Sept 9
Wednesday: Aug 28 - Sept 9
Thursday: Aug 29 - Sept 9
Friday: Aug 30 - Sept 13

So the first number moves daily, and the last number moves every 5 days.

Every week it’s the same thing, as dates move further back, and away from VIN assignment.
That is frustrating aF!
Pretty sure there are a whole group of us in this camp. It’s insane.

Just called my local Tesla store to get a SA assigned - and they were really helpful.

I ordered July 30th

White on White MYLR
added tow Hitch
Shipping to San Diego, CA

Current EDD is Nov 15-Dec 5

The rep sent me a text that i can reply to with questions/updates on my date. He also asked me if I would be willing to take an earlier delivery date than my EDD. He said that he has only had 2 people successful in getting vehicles a lot early than their EDD and it was because others backed out with their same specs - but it was a really nice offer.

He confirmed that my current pick up date should be 11/23 - and recommended that i check in via our text chain once a week/once every other week to confirm that the date has moved.

although it wasnt great news - they service was great and they tried to manage expectations.

Thank you, have been keeping an eye since page ~1,000, finally stopped procrastinating and made a profile.

If anyone else has experience driving the MYLR with 19 versus 20 inch wheels please let me know your thoughts.

My orders are:

July 1 OD / MYLR / 7 seat / 20 inch / white ext / black int / no tow or FSD - EDD has been steady at Sep 16 or 17-30 since ordering

August 15 OD / MYLR / 5 Seat / Blue Ext / black int / no tow or FSD - EDD Dec 4- Dec 20

Hoping we get the July 1 order soon! My wife is 7 months pregnant and all we have is a M3 which she can barely get out of! (Had an SUV we got rid of a few days ago). Crossing fingers we get this by Sep 17 or I’ll be in trouble.
Not trying to be a downer, but just trying to help you manage your expectations. I think it highly unlikely you will get your car before October. I could be wrong but Sept 17 just seems impossible at this point. I ordered in May and I’m not even remotely sure I will have my car by then.

Update from last week when my SA advised a VIN should generate within 48 hours, that didn’t happen. Response today was that there was an unexpected delay and it should be any day now.

I think I’ll just keep the October mindset my order page shown so maybe I can be pleasantly surprised if it does actually generate sooner.

I’m glad to see VIN still being sent out and deliveries on the pages prior. Enjoy your new rides!

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
I don’t think the ride in the Performance is bad either. However, “not bad” is probably the highest marks I can deliver for the ride quality of the P. What I found more noticeable was actually the sensitive nature of the steering. That was something unusual to get used to! Just like regen braking, it requires a fine touch to drive smoothly, to get just right 👌

I’m sure all the P owners are now thinking, jeez, what a noob over here lol.
I have orders in for both (looks like my MYP should arrive first in early Sept) and have test driven both. I didn’t see that much of a difference in the ride but I’m not an expert. What I will say is I hurt my neck both times and Im not even joking. With the MYP I had my kids w me and I floored it at every opportunity. I felt like I had whiplash later in the day and I wondered if that’s gonna be the way I live now….it was exhilarating and I think I may do that every day.

The tire thing is irritating, just gonna suck it up and buy new tires (all season 19”) and look to sell the 21” by the time temps dip (Nov).