Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I literally just come here for the comedy of people bitching now. This forum went from sharing EDD stuff and people posting about their delivery experiences to flat out just bitching every single day and even giving dating advice. My god people. 🤡

If ya wanna cancel, cancel. Don't come here looking for sympathy. 99% of us don't really care. We're all in the same boat.

EDD updated today +5 days 9/8-9-28 which is perfectly fine with me - still in 12 weeks range from my OD. Even if it’s gonna get pushed to November I’m still in game💪🏻😃 I still have my car and not planning to sell until I get my MYLR.

Completely understand people who’s venting about order placed April/May after all that’s probably the best place to do so and not Tesla showrooms hopefully you get your VINs pretty soon. For those who’s canceling- you knew exactly what you were getting into or you just delusional. Keep calm👍🏻

bookmarked.. will read when I have couple hours.
Sir, I'm sorry logic (and Tesla) upsets you. That was not my intent.

I ordered my MY in February, but didn't finalize it until June 26th. So far I'm saving $4000 from today's price because I put the order in in February. For all I know Tesla may be "punishing" me for locking in that price. For about a month I didn't have an EDD. Nothing, zilch, nada! Today my EDD got pushed back another day from Sep. 8-28 to Sep. 9-29. If that upset me I could cancel my order, lose $100, and be on my merry way. However, if I put an order in for a Mach-E today I'd have to wait as long if not longer and put a $1500 deposit down.

Buying cars these days is a pain in the butt. No doubt about it. Selling them, used or new, is great!

I literally just come here for the comedy of people bitching now. This forum went from sharing EDD stuff and people posting about their delivery experiences to flat out just bitching every single day and even giving dating advice. My god people. 🤡

If ya wanna cancel, cancel. Don't come here looking for sympathy. 99% of us don't really care. We're all in the same boat.
Me too!! too much fun seeing people rant and rave about a car! smh

My EDD just moved out another week a few minutes ago. Now Sept 08-28.

That is it for me. It's been real. But I am cancelling. This car is not coming till 2022. Thanks everyone.
We have same order dates, both on East Coast. Two weeks ago SA said mid to late September. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate average East Coast deliveries to be at 90-100 days. Don't cancel on the whim of some algorithm that's calculating EDD's. This is where seeing the "inner workings" is more troubling than just saying "wait 90-100 days".

You'll regret having canceled when you're at the end of September wondering what if.

This is just ridiculous already though. I wonder if it all a test to see how far they can push ppl. I friend of my said yesterday that it’s enough to drive the wrong person crazy enough to do something criminal at a dealership. He used other words “_____ up the place.” My eyes get big when he said that, and I got scared a bit inside.

My friend went into the dealer and yelled at every person there, told them how incompetent they were, and to get his car there immediately. Well I tell you the scene was big, I mean it was bad. I thought they were going to call the police. His SA was crying from everything he said…..but they got it M3 there about a week later.

I don’t wanna see something like that happen but it could, people are getting fed up with the wait.
Patience is a virtue and pardon my language, but your friend is a literal prick. Sure, Tesla should improve a lot in their communications and quality but throwing a fit against showroom employees (and making them cry, mind you!) who have nothing to do with the production timeline of Tesla vehicles, is an orbital size asshole move. You can tell him that.

When I filled out the survey back in May I didn't think it was on the 8th but Tesla has confirmed that I did complete same day. I have not changed anything, or asked for a hold. I don't understand. We had our first SA just abandon us and stop responding and now we just keep getting pushed further and further out.
unacceptable, you need to be next to get the VIN.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Tesla may not be able to build MY LR's right now due to parts availability. Your assumption is that Tesla is deliberately not building MY LR's for some nefarious reason. Maybe, maybe not. We don't know. But if you don't like what they are doing, regardless of the reason, why are you still waiting?

The truth and the logic is that there are other EV cars available. The fact that you insist on a Tesla does not mean that Tesla is being malicious.

This right here.

Somehow people are suddenly well versed in supply chains, production and delivery logistics. Is there a chance that Tesla is prioritizing Performance models over Long Range because they generate more revenue? Perhaps. It could also be as simple as one $20 part that is on the LR but not on the P is having supply issues. I'd even suggest that the whole "order a car for $100 online without ever having to talk to a human being" business model makes it damn near impossible to be accurate with EDD's.

Whatever the reason, if those waiting feel like the wait is too long then why keep waiting?

I see some quitting posts on here, so I feel compelled to share my story:

My 2018 Model 3 was ruined in a flash flood on July 1st. I placed my order for my Model Y that day. Insurance paid for a rental but quickly closed the claim after it was considered a total loss.

Since July 12th, I’ve been stuck at home with no car. I have to Uber if I want to go anywhere.

We’re also waiting for an adoption match, which could be any second. Neither of us have a car.

So when I see people quitting because their delivery dates are being pushed back, I giggle.

I’m in your shoes too, my dates keep shifting back. Stay strong. You have a car. You’ll forget all about this wait once you’re in the driver’s seat of the Model Y you personally designed.

Vent if you want, but keep your order.

I think the point of the forum is to give people a place to share their story/wait time. It is ok to be frustrated by the wait, and this is a perfectly fine place to vent. If you are annoyed by the venting or "don't care" then you are free to leave the forum. What's really not ok is seeing people who have ordered in July/August telling us April/May orders that we are being ridiculous or impatient. We are just trying to share and gather information in order to better estimate our own deliveries. Since Tesla's Estimate Delivery system is so unreliable. So I will continue to share my experience and I hope others will too.

Thanks! So, if it shows up on this page but it isn't on Tesla's current inventory page then it's probably already sold? Sorry for all of the questions, trying to educate myself as we're new to this :)
Yes, thats true. Someone needs to be lightning fast :) And, also if does not show up on Tesla don't just assume that's it's already taken. I think if someone adds to cart and decides to not to go further Tesla will put back. Today's case, it went out and came again couple of times before it's final gone gone. Good Luck!

Reactions: TESRP