Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably helps flush out their pockets so they can negotiate parts from vendors. Improve productivity. I agree, $1000 would be ideal and help them more so. Take 500,000 orders that take 4 months to fill, you can get a nice ROI investing that upfront cash.
I agree $1000 non-refundable would make folks stick more with what they have. But $250 is still low enough to allow switching but let Tesla pocket more money on switches. So while I would like to see that $1000, I also understand the quiet increase to $250 as just a way to get a bit more cash on hand from those who do get tired of waiting or are wanting to swap to a faster order config

I'd imagine you will, September 30th is the end of the quarter. Based on the google sheet, we should be seeing a bunch of VINs show up next week.

Here's a screenshot of the VINs being assigned about a month from the end of last quarter.
I’m hoping to add a VIN to that list for my May order!! :)

Did you just call me bougie in a polite way?
Guess that depends on your definition. If you take it as a compliment, sure. If not, then no. I think it is a demonstration and judgment of different values. But to be honest, if you like nice cars or not is not super-high on the list of what makes a good person so it is really not important. I was just saying I find it hard to understand the thinking because it is so different from my own.

Someone get it!
Just snagged it! Free delivery to SoCal. This was my exact configuration. The best part - I'll be taking delivery before my absurd trade-in value expires. I just tried valuing my Model 3 trade-in again, it came back $11k lower than when I locked it in 2 weeks ago. Feeling really lucky that I locked in my trade-in offer at the value that I did. Thanks, used car market.

Guess that depends on your definition. If you take it as a compliment, sure. If not, then no. I think it is a demonstration and judgment of different values. But to be honest, if you like nice cars or not is not super-high on the list of what makes a good person so it is really not important. I was just saying I find it hard to understand the thinking because it is so different from my own.
Maybe it's my age, but what or who is a "bougie"?

• Funny
Reactions: MMurrayGA
With regards to the recent update to $250 ordering fee, my thoughts are this:

Yes, it will help slightly with deterring orders that'll never be delivered. But Tesla benefits greatly from undelivered/cancelled orders, since that's pure profit, so they will never fully put an end to the practice. Honestly, I don't know how these orders are screwing with EDDs, because if the profile is not complete, they're not in production queue. Maybe there should be some sort of final step where the customer has to go in person to a Tesla store, or call the SA as a last requirement prior to completing profile + placed in manufacturing queue, similar to a BMW order.

My biggest beef with the order fee, and why I don't think it should be $1,000, is that it is an additional fee on top of vehicle price. That seems a bit deceptive. There's no dealer/retailer, so Tesla has full vertical integration from factory to customer, so there is no sensible reason to charge $1,200 "destination & documentation fee" or the now $250 "ordering fee". Tesla should build that cost into selling price of the vehicle to be fully transparent to the customer. Yes, I'm salty that I had to pay an extra $1,300 like everyone else here. I would be saltier if I had to pay $1,450 extra. I would be quite dissatisfied if I had to pay $2,200 extra. I don't think I'd buy a Model Y or any other Tesla if I had to pay a $10,000 ordering fee.

But hey, for those who me I'm kind of a cheap bastard. 🤷‍♂️

Just snagged it! Free delivery to SoCal. This was my exact configuration. The best part - I'll be taking delivery before my absurd trade-in value expires. I just tried valuing my Model 3 trade-in again, it came back $11k lower than when I locked it in 2 weeks ago. Feeling really lucky that I locked in my trade-in offer at the value that I did. Thanks, used car market.
NICE!!

Reactions: SeaOtter
With regards to the recent update to $250 ordering fee, my thoughts are this:

Yes, it will help slightly with deterring orders that'll never be delivered. But Tesla benefits greatly from undelivered/cancelled orders, since that's pure profit, so they will never fully put an end to the practice. Honestly, I don't know how these orders are screwing with EDDs, because if the profile is not complete, they're not in production queue. Maybe there should be some sort of final step where the customer has to go in person to a Tesla store, or call the SA as a last requirement prior to completing profile + placed in manufacturing queue, similar to a BMW order.

My biggest beef with the order fee, and why I don't think it should be $1,000, is that it is an additional fee on top of vehicle price. That seems a bit deceptive. There's no dealer/retailer, so Tesla has full vertical integration from factory to customer, so there is no sensible reason to charge $1,200 "destination & documentation fee" or the now $250 "ordering fee". Tesla should build that cost into selling price of the vehicle to be fully transparent to the customer. Yes, I'm salty that I had to pay an extra $1,300 like everyone else here. I would be saltier if I had to pay $1,450 extra. I would be quite dissatisfied if I had to pay $2,200 extra. I don't think I'd buy a Model Y or any other Tesla if I had to pay a $10,000 ordering fee.

But hey, for those who me I'm kind of a cheap bastard. 🤷‍♂️
I am pretty sure the $100 (or $250 now) does come off the total price of the car when you buy it.

I agree $1000 non-refundable would make folks stick more with what they have. But $250 is still low enough to allow switching but let Tesla pocket more money on switches. So while I would like to see that $1000, I also understand the quiet increase to $250 as just a way to get a bit more cash on hand from those who do get tired of waiting or are wanting to swap to a faster order config
I think the change to $250 is probably because of the paperwork fees and time of staff when someone backs out or fails to accept delivery. Helps recoup those costs. The fee is is not a response to orders being duplicated—notice how there are no cars in inventory? They don’t care so long as they are selling which is clearly the case.

423FFBBD-7991-49DE-B5A5-FF880B1363D4.png

247 vin

Bajajajaajaja that was a long explanation! I’m not mad......I know I’m super bougie, my friends tell me all the time, specially when they wanna go to Outback and I wanna go to Fleming’s! Hahahahaha