Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks order date 07/15 blue MYLR. Philly. EDD 25-Oct to 13-Nov. Any chance it can happen sooner based on trends?
Looking at the folks with May and June orders, seems unlikely. It's been taking around 90 days to get vins or take delivery. A few cases here and there of people getting them sooner but it seems it really is taking maxing out their production right now.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Just got my wall charger mounted in the garage and spent $6000 getting it installed! Took 3 guys 6 hours to do the whole thing. So fantastic having a separated garage that required a full yard trenching, complete garage rewire for the existing outlets (it was built in 1954 according to the pencil mark on the garage wall), 100 Amp breaker installed in the house, 100ft worth of line and conduit through the house, down the trench to the new subpanel in the garage, and a required GCFI outlet (to make the garage up to date code-wise) and charger install. That... stung. Then getting the garage router which acts as a repeater to the main house router for those software updates.

All I can say is do your research because if you have a house like mine, consider it a long term home improvement. (Wish I had an attached garage now.)

I'm ready now to get the car delivered. The single green light on the white glass is taunting me.

For me, its been steady all week Sept 9-Sept 29 for Devon, PA. Lets do this Tesla!
321B6DAB-23F0-418D-98D9-BF6D2E05DB26.jpeg

That’s quite the install, sorry you had to spend so much to get power to your garage. I just installed mine and made a video on it. Wasn’t quite as involved as your install. The green light will taunt me as well. I’ve got a wait ahead of me to get to November.

Guys I have a question!

Ok, so I know a few of you have your new cars. When I was at the dealer I could not change the stop mode on the car, I like creep because it’s like a regular car, plus I’ll know it’s ready, cuz I’m slow sometimes.

At the dealer the stop mode was set to HOLD and greeted out. In your new Tesla’s, when in park, do the options to charge stop mode because accessible to you guys?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Guys I have a question!

Ok, so I know a few of you have your new cars. When I was at the dealer I could not change the stop mode on the car, I like creep because it’s like a regular car, plus I’ll know it’s ready, cuz I’m slow sometimes.

At the dealer the stop mode was set to HOLD and greeted out. In your new Tesla’s, when in park, do the options to charge stop mode because accessible to you guys?

Hold > Creep all day long! It’ll be accessible. They software lock the crap out of demos.

You might want to see if NEMA 5-20 (20 amps, 120 volts) or even NEMA 14-30 (30 amps, 240 volts) would be acceptable. The Tesla will only draw 80% of the rated amperage. This is negotiated before the car draws current. You could also ask about 6-20 and 6-15. These are all better/faster than the standard 5-15 and Tesla sells adapters for them all.
@BitJam ! Thanks for stopping by! How is life and how are you enjoying your new car?

I have an attached garage but because of the placement of my breaker box and limitations of finished basement I’m going to need ~100 feet of conduit and wire to reach the garage. $3k for the install.
You should get a quote from your trusted electrician too, Tesla electrician quoted me $3k and my trusted electrician only quoted me half of the cost.

Reactions: TESRP
View attachment 699470
That’s quite the install, sorry you had to spend so much to get power to your garage. I just installed mine and made a video on it. Wasn’t quite as involved as your install. The green light will taunt me as well. I’ve got a wait ahead of me to get to November.
I have a newer house as well. Most of the companies I have talked to said that I have to use the exterior main breaker. The back side of that isn’t in an ideal spot. How do you determine if you can mount next to the sub panel as you did?

Are you selling the 3, installing a second plug, or just going to switch which car is charging?
You didn't ask me but we lived for a year+ with only a single NEMA 14-50 in our one car garage (a one car driveway blocks it) so we took turns charging the S and 3 while the other parked on the street or driveway. Kind of a pain because you'd have to leave the driveway for the garage kept car to move.

Then we got a free HPWC via referral program and installed it on the side of the house so the driveway car could charge. Now neither park inside the garage and we just play swaps between the street and the driveway parking/charging. (Thanks toddler and all your damn ride on toys taking up garage space...)
Question for everyone here, has anyones dates stayed the same? Almost a week here for mine has literally been the same.
Yes. I've been holding steady Nov 8-28 for days now.
All I can say is do your research because if you have a house like mine, consider it a long term home improvement. (Wish I had an attached garage now.)

I'm ready now to get the car delivered. The single green light on the white glass is taunting me.

For me, its been steady all week Sept 9-Sept 29 for Devon, PA. Lets do this Tesla!
Very true. In your case I might have opted for an outdoor charger instead of inside the detached garage but as you said, it's a long term home improvement. Whitehall was a very important charger for me for a long time. I waited with bated breath to be able to make it round trim Philly to Wilkes-Barre in the S.
Folks order date 07/15 blue MYLR. Philly. EDD 25-Oct to 13-Nov. Any chance it can happen sooner based on trends?
Doesn't seem to be the case. I ordered early August, Philly, with a reservation that's actually 18 months old and my dates are late Nov.
They software lock the crap out of demos.
I had a loaner P100D Model S recently and it was totally kneecapped to chill mode. And I TRIED to unlock it. Had folks all over Twitter telling me service codes and what not... Had no luck.