Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi this is my first post. I've been reading the stories and the crazy EDD randomness. Thought I would add mine into the mix :)
MYLR5 Blue / Black | Tow | No FSD #TeamBlue!
Ordered July 9
EDD Sept 9-29 but it has moved about a fair bit from August 25 to "October" and back. No changes for a week or more.
No idea what's up. Just passing the time watching all the obligatory Tesla videos and ordering some accessories.

Boatload of Model Y just hit
can you order from anywhere and have them ship it?

Called my local sales center today and was able to set delivery for Thursday @ 11am! They were also easily able to switch me over from Cash to Tesla Financing and Trade-in. I've filled out all the info so we'll see how quickly it all gets approved. Not sure if I'll actually trade in my car with Tesla, but leaning towards it. We'll see what the quote is.

I found out this weekend that the cars don’t leave directly from the factory!
They go from the Factory to San Pablo, and that’s when they are distributed.
So all the platform trucks we see in the fly over vids, and just taking them to San Pablo.
There is where they will either take a train or a truck to their locations.
San Pablo is such a suburb/Bedroom community. It lacks industrial areas. Are you sure it isn’t Richmond (which is next to San Pablo)? That would make more sense. Lots of industry and trains in Richmond.

Now you’ve got me thinking. 200K cars per quarter, 8 cars per truck…. That would mean they would have to push out over 320 trucks per day, six days a week.
200,000/13 = 15384 cars per week.
15384/6 = 2564 cars per day (assume Sundays off)
2564/8 = 320.5 car carriers per day
That’s 27 trucks an hour, 12 hours a day.

Reactions: TESRP
There are some MY's available

I just grabbed the black seven seater with white interior. Close enough to my original order, super pumped!

Called my local sales center today and was able to set delivery for Thursday @ 11am! They were also easily able to switch me over from Cash to Tesla Financing and Trade-in. I've filled out all the info so we'll see how quickly it all gets approved. Not sure if I'll actually trade in my car with Tesla, but leaning towards it. We'll see what the quote is.
Anddd the financing was pretty much instantly approved so that answers that question.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I called the local center to ask about the dates, to decide if i should keep my overnight tomorrow. My car is still in freemont and should be in Raleigh on the 6th. He encouraged me to keep my test drive, so i did.
Hi, I live in Raleigh and got the car once for overnight test drive but it was limited to 6.30 pm-10,.00 am next day. How long you were able to to keep the test drive car?

Reactions: TESRP
Called SC, switched from cash to loan, put a little higher downpayment this time (2K to cover sales tax), got the same terms 2.49 for 72 months. Will go check with DCU now. I really hope I can score one of those little toy tesla cars for my son during pickup but my luck is usually bad trying to get free things.
I also asked if they know if the car will come with PPF and mud flaps, or if I should buy them, he said he'll check the production notes and let me know.

For safety and security reasons, I can see why Tesla would not want people to "live track" their trucks with half a million dollars worth of cars on them. Also the way logistics works is also corporate competition sensitive, since you don't want your competitors to track how your logistics network is laid out.

That being said, they should let people get periodic updates, similar to package track with UPS or USPS. Just once a day (or once every other day) update on the progress of the car. Pretty much anything is better than making the customer call. That just seems very 1995 way of doing business.
Sounds like a GTA Online heist in the making!