Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ID4 was the draw for me into the EV world. But after some research - very, very quick research, that is - it was abundantly clear to me that its limitations were a total dealbreaker.

Zero regrets buying the MY. For us, it’s our only vehicle and meant to be a family vehicle. We’ll put great care into it because it wasn’t cheap, but I’m not the meticulous guy that some others are. To each their own. I was an auto claim adjuster for 17 years - the amount of pointless fine-tooth-combing I saw over the years was enough to turn me off of that mentality (trust me, it was meaningless in the big picture of vehicle valuations and market values and such…much more irrelevant than one might think).

But I’m in for the long haul so I’ll do my due diligence!

Love your MYs name! My Model 3’s name is “Walt3r”. It’s white on white. See where I came up with it? LOL

Boatload of Model Y just hit
dang it was eating lunch and missed the dump of LR....

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
Boatload of Model Y just hit

I was going to pull the trigger on that white on white with 7 and 20s but I’m holding out for a MSM. Shoot me a message if you see one! LOL

Same date range here in Tennesssee. Hope mine moves soon as well! My trade in expired yesterday so I updated the odometer today. Hope that doesn't delay me any further.
I had to do the same. Be prepared for it to take a few days for the value to be updated. For some reason the initial offer came the same day (or maybe it was the following day) but the subsequent value took what felt like AGES.

WTF?! Your EDD frightens me! I too, ordered white paint and black leather, completing profile a day before you and we are both located in the greater Sacramento area. I’m game for rallying a group of us and demanding our cars from Fremont factory!! Whose in?! Think I may drive down there myself, if I don’t receive my VIN by September 1st
Count me in... My EDD pushed to 8/29-9/18 yesterday... damn it!!!

Today is 98 days since I placed an order and... I got a VIN!

MYLR MSM/Black+Tow and I never made any changes to the order. I had already pretty much accepted that I had missed the boat on yet another quarter but then I got the email. Only two days before the big, demoralizing 100.
I have a feeling the Tow adds to the delivery times. I'd love to see the average delivery time for Tow based MYs

Reactions: GoGators! and TESRP
From what I've seen/heard, Tesla trade in is not very competitive compared to alternate trade-in companies.
The difference for me at least in PA is that a trade-in offsets the taxable portion of the Tesla. The Model Y I have on order is $55,490. If I have no trade in, I get taxed PA 6% sales tax on the entire $55,490, or $3,329.

Tesla offered me $65,000 for my trade in. Since that is greater than the cost of the Model Y, I have no PA Sales tax due on the model Y (For example purposes if my trade in were valued at $40,000, then I'd be taxed for $15,490)

I've had 3rd party offers for my trade in (a 2020 Ford Raptor) in the $69,000 range. So while it seems Tesla is offering me $4k less on my trade in, I'm saving roughly $3,300 in sales tax - so it's almost even. Considering the hassle I might have with a 3rd party, it makes Tesla's offer the one I'll likely go with.

Check your state's laws on vehicle purchase sales tax and how it relates to trade ins. For me, I have to have both transactions happen together. I can't file for a refund with PA if I do it 3rd party.