Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No EDD change thus far. Sad face.

Also, I don’t think what @Tom_July_2021 said was remotely offensive.

We obviously all have means beyond the average American. Some are paying cash and it’s no problem. Some are paying cash and it’s most of their savings. Some are financing 100%.

Opportunity costs are real. Spending 10-15k on accessories when you’re 25 is like blowing 100-150k when you retire. (Expected ROI on investment)

Cars are famously terrible investments and I think Tom was trying to help people avoid putting themselves in a bad spot. Perhaps preaching to himself.

I think it’s uncharitable to assume someone’s intentions are bad. This thread has been a really positive place. Let’s stay kind. 😊
It's the unsolicited advice that he gave. For most people spending money on a Tesla is a well thought out process and people do their due diligence. The only person that knows if they can afford it is that person that bought it.

He assumed that all young people do not know how to handle their money. That Tesla's should be bought as an investment. There were a lot of things wrong with what he said. There is nothing wrong with people spending their money however they want....especially when it brings them joy.

His comments were said to bring people down. If you can't see that :oops:

I really don't understand how people are saying, with such certainty that the reason a Performance model delivers so quickly is because Tesla prioritizes them based on higher sales price. Could it be true? Perhaps, but this statement of fact is without any evidence. I'd suggest a more plausible explanation is with such a demand for the LR, they are out of LR specific parts so they shift to production of Performance models.

Yes, the parts between the two are 80% shared but it takes just ONE of those LR specific parts to hold up production. Could be the wheels. Could be the headlights. I'm just saying that this underlying anger toward Tesla based on a speculation that they're prioritizing based on revenue is without merit. It's also more proof that if you say something enough online, people begin to take it as fact.

So I guess they want everyone to drive and not use autopilot or FSD wow

I don't get it though. Are people really just sitting back and leaving the car to navigate around emergency vehicles with flashing lights? by law, you're supposed to slow down and move over, people are expecting the car to do that? I don't get how people running into emergency vehicles WITH flashing lights on AP is the fault of the car maker. That's just dumb people in my opinion. Investigate the DMV who issued them drivers' licenses.

I really don't understand how people are saying, with such certainty that the reason a Performance model delivers so quickly is because Tesla prioritizes them based on higher sales price. Could it be true? Perhaps, but this statement of fact is without any evidence. I'd suggest a more plausible explanation is with such a demand for the LR, they are out of LR specific parts so they shift to production of Performance models.

Yes, the parts between the two are 80% shared but it takes just ONE of those LR specific parts to hold up production. Could be the wheels. Could be the headlights. I'm just saying that this underlying anger toward Tesla based on a speculation that they're prioritizing based on revenue is without merit. It's also more proof that if you say something enough online, people begin to take it as fact.
Another possible reason I wonder is maybe they build the MYP configurations continuously, order or no order, so when an order hits, there's already one in inventory that gets assigned and just needs final touches to get it out. Whereas, the MYLR production just can't keep up with the orders. It lowkey sucks that the MYP moves much faster than MYLR but hey, if you can get it, get it. Unless Elon or someone explains how that works, we're all just speculating.

Reactions: Ares1590
So I guess they want everyone to drive and not use autopilot or FSD wow

Dear US Government,

You have a lot more important things and people to be investigating right now.. Please stop doing big oil's bidding and attempting to slow down EV adoption. It's inevitable.

Warm regards,

The future

My front date is listed at 96 days from my order and profile completion date. Hasn't changed in 3 days, but it was originally sitting early-mid September for a LONG time with my SA telling me September 20th or earlier was likely. Coming up on the half century mark with no light in site. 😂

PS. The SA's don't really know anything and just give you their best guess, which is as good as your own.

My trade in valuation for my 2018 Audi Q5 just expired for the second time and again I submitted my updated odometer reading as soon as I was notified it had expired but after submission the trade in valuation was just pending for the past 3 days until I called Tesla up and then shortly after the call the updated valuation came through. The first time this happened last month I foolishly let it sit for 2 weeks on pending before I finally called and then the updated valuation came in shortly after the call. Valuation dropped $700 from June to July despite me only putting 250 miles the entire month but this time only dropped $100 despite me adding 850 miles.

Hoping the 2 week wait before I got the pending valuation fixed last month didnt affect my EDD, 6/9 order date with EDD 9/9-9/29 which has been steady other than one day push back over the past few weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: PhillyGal
MYP is set to touchdown around the 5th. Ordered some new 20” wheels, all season tires, mounted and balanced with factory sensors. Shipping will be around the 9th for them, just in time for colder weather here in RI.

I went “EVish” with the wheels, and kept it “turbine” and light weight. I think they’ll look great with the red calipers shining through on the MSM exterior!

Might not be for some, but I like! Thoughts?

55DB3EA0-754F-4A74-B0FD-3E052058A431.jpeg

CAB879B1-12E9-4D3A-9702-0A21C8020E82.jpeg