Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD has been stuck at 10/11-10/31 for over a week now. I guess I didn’t make the cut for this quarter.

The P is sounding real good now. It’s the lower range and the summer performance tires holding me back. I don’t want to swap winters anymore.

No change for me today. Today marks 108 days since I ordered.

Still at 9/5-9/19. That's 3 days in a row now where the dates haven't changed. First time this has happened in as long as I can remember. Since at least early July, but I think even before that. I would be a little more excited about getting closer to the EDD of I knew other people still had dates moving. But it seems a lot of us have stalled with no changes.

And no VIN...
OD 5/31, EDD 9/19-9/30 with no change for at least the last 3 weeks, LR White/black interior, 5 seat, no FSD, no tow, 19" wheels and NO VIN! Was told by SA to simply wait. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No change for me today. Today marks 108 days since I ordered.

Still at 9/5-9/19. That's 3 days in a row now where the dates haven't changed. First time this has happened in as long as I can remember. Since at least early July, but I think even before that. I would be a little more excited about getting closer to the EDD of I knew other people still had dates moving. But it seems a lot of us have stalled with no changes.

And no VIN...
You are almost there. Hang in there bud.

Picked up same spec inventory car this afternoon. Was able to merge it up nicely with current order minus transport fee.

VIN: 244XXX
New EDD: 8/29-9/1
I was curious about that. Did you "purchase" the inventory car, pay the $250 fee, and then contact your SA to transfer that VIN over to your existing (lower priced ideally ) order? Then you lose the $250, and pay transport fees?

Reactions: PatrickTM
dates haven't changed for me in a few days too. Edd holding at sep 3 - 18
This seems like a trend across the board, so, time for a new theory! Maybe the interns at Tesla heard all the feedback about people being frustrated about how often their EDDs change, and instead of continuing it, they voted out the lowest intern on the totem pole who was tasked with updating them each day. Now they are just frozen as of that date and it is a complete surprise (kind of like before) when you get a VIN.

Lo and behold, my SA called me back after a voice message I left 4 days ago :) They are slammed with calls in SoCal and he did apologize, gave me an update that they have a soft production date in the 3rd week of September so my EDD seems to be pretty accurate for him. He confirmed that this is why it stayed in that September 15-30 range for a couple of days as the factory finally has the car in the production queue! Decent news I guess, better than constant guessing game. He said that typical VIN-to-delivery timeframe in SoCal right now is 1 week.
This is super interesting. I also called a random SA here in NJ and she also told me to expect delivery the 3rd week of September. I took it as just another joke of a date, but I think this is interesting because our configurations are relatively similar. I wonder if SAs do get some draft preview of a production schedule? It may change, but maybe there is some additional info they can see.

Lo and behold, my SA called me back after a voice message I left 4 days ago :) They are slammed with calls in SoCal and he did apologize, gave me an update that they have a soft production date in the 3rd week of September so my EDD seems to be pretty accurate for him. He confirmed that this is why it stayed in that September 15-30 range for a couple of days as the factory finally has the car in the production queue! Decent news I guess, better than constant guessing game. He said that typical VIN-to-delivery timeframe in SoCal right now is 1 week.
Your EDD is almost similar to mine. Based on discussion with my SA, my VIN is expected to be coming on Sept 1st. Hopefully, yours will come on same day or even couple days earlier than me.

Been lurking this thread and got VIN a few days ago.

For the Final Payment piece, is it just me or absurd that Tesla only accepts Plaid for electronic bank transfer? I am not sure if I am comfortable in providing my banking credentials to third parties (no matter how secure they claim to be). Anyone else dealt with this? I am in WA state BTW.

What I just don't understand is how they're thinking this is the fault of the car maker.
They want to see if the car is doing enough to ensure the driver is paying attention. This seems like a valid line of inquiry especially if all the accidents were due to drivers not paying attention with AP engaged. IIUC Tesla has recently worked on improving this using the internal camera. Eleven crashes out of over 3 billion miles driven doesn't seem significant but since Tesla is a leader in this field, it makes sense to see if there is room for improvement. Perhaps there could be further improvements where car alerts the driver when it detects emergency vehicles. Investigating eleven accidents where a Tesla on AP crashed into an emergency vehicle does not seem like a waste of resources to me. If it's going to help make my car safer, I'm all for it.

My EDD has been very stable for the last 2 weeks staying at 9/2-9/22, with the exception of shifting by 1 day once, then back to the original range. However, my EDD range has not narrowed from it's current 20 days like many others before delivery so I expect the later date is more likely.

Has anyone had experience where they missed their delivery window? Tesla only allows scheduling delivery within a 3 day window and I will be out of town at the end of the month. I really don't want to be pushed to the end of the line with a January delivery date because of this!

I would prefer rescheduling for 1st week of October when I'll be back in town but feel like they won't allow that.

Your EDD is almost similar to mine. Based on discussion with my SA, my VIN is expected to be coming on Sept 1st. Hopefully, yours will come on same day or even couple days earlier than me.
These are fascinating insights. I think a lot of people here have had static EDDs for the last week or so. I wonder if they are prepping for the end of quarter push and it's going to start raining VINs soon.

Been lurking this thread and got VIN a few days ago.

For the Final Payment piece, is it just me or absurd that Tesla only accepts Plaid for electronic bank transfer? I am not sure if I am comfortable in providing my banking credentials to third parties (no matter how secure they claim to be). Anyone else dealt with this? I am in WA state BTW.
Congrats! What I've heard from others is that you can submit final payment by ACH or cashiers check if you are more comfortable. I will never have a VIN so I can't tell from personal experience.

I was curious about that. Did you "purchase" the inventory car, pay the $250 fee, and then contact your SA to transfer that VIN over to your existing (lower priced ideally ) order? Then you lose the $250, and pay transport fees?
So yes and no. In my case I paid the $250 for it and then contacted my SA. She said because it was the same spec they could “merge” it. They did refund me the $250. But because the car was in St Louis they did say that I would have to pay to transport it or pick it up there. It cost $500 to transport it. I justified it because when I changed my order from blue to white it decreased my price by $500 so I essentially broke even from my original order so oh well.

I do want to point out that for the last month I have been in contact with my SA and have talked about how this scenario would play out extensively. Not sure if the order fee thing is common or if it was something else, and the order fee was a concern of mine. The transport fee caught me off guard but I get it-ish, but I did break even somewhat and I just wanted to be done with it all.