Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I think its gotta be the Tow. Actually one of the reasons I got the Y instead of the 3 was you could get the tow as part of your order. I travel a lot for work and I like to bring my ebike with me so thats why I got it. Now I wonder if I should have just got it without it and found someone to install one. Oh well. Maybe things will change again. I'm lucky I'm not dying for a car right now.
I was watching a random Model Y youtube review and the guy mentioned the tow option. He said if you're going to actually tow something and need the electrical hookup, then go for the factory hitch, but if you're simply going to be using the hitch for a bike rack or hitch cargo carrier, to just save the $ and get an aftermarket hitch for $2-300. We'll probably go that route as we don't have a trailer to tow, but do have a hitch bike rack.

MY EDD was Sept 17 - Sept 30 for close to 2 weeks, took that as a good sign. even reached out to my SA and he advised that I should have a VIN within 2 weeks. Just refreshed and it changed to October 17 - November 04. Gutting, to say the least.
one of my EDDs has been 9/9-9/29 for a couple of weeks now. I'm beginning to see sept dates pushed to October which tells me they are beginning EOQ ramp up for west coast deliveries. I'm trying to hold out hope for Sept but I'm not 100% confident that will happen knowing what happens in that last month of the quarter.

I suggest that you escalate this and ask them to give you top priority(in writing would be better) so you don't get put back in line....No one would take delivery of a new car which requires body work on day 1...Tesla should know better
@RIOcean When we took our test drive last week, the SA mentioned that they are short on demo MYs because one was taken for “a customer escalation”, so they definitely have the ability to get you a car sooner than going back in the queue. Now, how exactly to get Tesla to make that happen, I don’t know.

Yeah I think its gotta be the Tow. Actually one of the reasons I got the Y instead of the 3 was you could get the tow as part of your order. I travel a lot for work and I like to bring my ebike with me so thats why I got it. Now I wonder if I should have just got it without it and found someone to install one. Oh well. Maybe things will change again. I'm lucky I'm not dying for a car right now.
I don’t think it’s the tow (at least not on its own). My order (with tow) went from Oct 12 - Nov 1 and stayed there for nearly a week before I got a VIN and an early Sept date. Spoke to my SA, and realistically it will arrive 9/4, with delivery available between 9/8-9/13.

When we took our test drive last week, the SA mentioned that they are short on demo MYs because one was taken for “a customer escalation”, so they definitely have the ability to get you a car sooner than going back in the queue. Now, how exactly to get Tesla to make that happen, I don’t know.
Trust me...n proper chain of escalation definitely works...maybe need to get SA's manager/ higher ups involved

Well my order date went from a steadily held 10/25-11/14 to an 11/18-12/8. Not what I was hoping for, my graph speaks for itself
teslachart_20210825.png

BTW I am taking delivery of MYP next Monday...I paid the down payment...I was told if i reject delivery they would reimburse my downpayment within 2-5 business days...you may want to check that
@RIOcean When we took our test drive last week, the SA mentioned that they are short on demo MYs because one was taken for “a customer escalation”, so they definitely have the ability to get you a car sooner than going back in the queue. Now, how exactly to get Tesla to make that happen, I don’t know.
Not sure that I'd want a demo (kind of looking forward to seeing odometer with 15 or less miles!). Now - if they offered a discount for a demo model maybe I'd consider but highly unlikely that would happen.

Not sure that I'd want a demo (kind of looking forward to seeing odometer with 15 or less miles!). Now - if they offered a discount for a demo model maybe I'd consider but highly unlikely that would happen.
Don't take anything less than a perfect car ... take a demo if you will, then again I wouldn't.

Tesla must honor their product. I will give them hell tomorrow.

Here's a guy whom recently rejected a car and got a new one in 2 weeks. Don't accept anything less!