Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This really sucks. I feel for you. You should be driving around in your Y now. Looks like a standard MYLR order. Wonder why you are getting the shaft. Mach E's are also hard to come by but occasionally dealers have a vehicle that a customer has turned down. Full disclosure -- I have a backup Mach E order. The MYLR is still my first choice and I hope I get it, but if it gets delayed beyond the currently promised EDD range, I am planning to go the other way.
LOL! The MYLR is still my first choice but I have an Ioniq 5 reservation.

Reactions: MBx4
Now I wonder if it's my tow hitch that's delaying my order. Will remove the hitch right away if I knew that's the reason for the hold up.
There’s a guy I saw near me that said he didn’t put the tow because it makes the car take longer and that he’s just gonna pay to put it on after delivery. He said paying the 1,200 vs the 1000 was worth getting the car sooner.

Reactions: PatrickTM
🚨🚨🚨 HOLY CRAP IT HAPPENED!!! 🚨🚨🚨 I got my VIN!!!!!!! 256XXX!!!!!! I was actually starting to think this day was never going to come!!!!

1629912272464.png

There’s a guy I saw near me that said he didn’t put the tow because it makes the car take longer and that he’s just gonna pay to put it on after delivery. He said paying the 1,200 vs the 1000 was worth getting the car sooner.
I would have done that had I known it before my order, but now if I change my order I am afraid it will either delay my order further or hit me with more $. Just not even going to breathe on my order.

Congrats. Good to see folks who ordered a few weeks before me getting their VIN.
I was coming around to accepting the idea that I just wasn't going to get it this quarter...but so glad that isn't the case. We have a big road trip coming up on 9/23 I was desperately hoping to have this for so I don't have to put any more big miles on the vehicle we are trading in/selling. So excited!

And just FYI for everyone keeping track:
Ordered 5/8 #teamblue/white interior/LR/7/Tow/No FSD
EDD has been stuck on 9/5-9/19 since the weekend (first time it has stalled like that - every day the front date has shifted out by one day since mid-July)
Checked again a few times today (as recently as about an hour before my VIN) and no change to EDD, no updates at all.
Got an email chime on my phone.
Assumed as usual it was nothing...turns out, that email was from Tesla with the Subject: 2021 Model Y Cash Final Payment Ready
Clicked the link in the email which took me to my account page (I'm on the verge of a heart attack at this point) and on the dashboard, like others have mentioned, it had already changed from just Tesla Model Y to 2021 Tesla Model Y. Freaking out even more, I click manage, and the BLUE BUTTON WAS THERE! I clicked it, and the VIN was waiting for me on the other side. 256XXX VIN which is super new which is exciting.
As of right now, still no change to EDD - still showing 9/5-9/19. I'll let you all know if anything changes!

Thanks for sticking with me through all of this...I love this forum. Those of you waiting for what seems like forever, I feel ya...today is day 109 since I ordered. I had a rare color combo, 7 seat, with tow and I think that combo is what made it take so long. Hang in there. Fingers crossed to see more VINs today!

Don’t know for sure, but new VINS are in the mid to late 250s. I would bet your vin is a rejected delivery from someone else. Congrats though!
@Sarugby9000 it could be a rejected delivery, or it could be a brand spanking new VIN that was somehow not assigned to anyone until it reached the DC. @GoGators! just got a 256,xxx VIN, and I'm roughly going to assume they produce 1,000 Model Y per day, so it's possible yours was manufactured about nine or ten days ago. Which, add in the transit time to Georgia, which took about ten days, I'd say there's a good chance it is brand spanking new.

I think it's possible it was assigned to someone else for a few days, but they cancelled their order due to financing/changing needs and a random SA pulled the VIN to your account.

Last edited: