Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my MY.. a total of 76 days from order date until delivery. it was exhausting, the wait, the blogs, the all of the things.. but I freaking LOVE IT.. delivery is a breeze, I had a trade in and the literally just took my keys and left. Thanks for all the ups and downs on this thread. You kept me as sane as I could be..

Attachments

• 20210825_130741.jpg
    20210825_130741.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-20210825-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210825-WA0004.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 50
Been lurking for a few weeks but figured I'd hop in!

I ordered on 8/1 and had an original EDD of 11/12-11/28 but this morning it randomly jumped to 9/18-9/30. Is the EDD generally stable within 30 days or is this probably a glitch?

I know there are quite a few people who ordered way before me still waiting so I'm not sure whether I should trust this EDD or not. I guess with no VIN it really doesn't matter, right?
@imbluedabadee Welcome! Probably depends on what you ordered. If Long Range, no, don’t trust the EDD. That way you won’t be disappointed if you’re still waiting for your car to make the end of Q4 west coast rush. And if you do make it in for the Q3 rush, it’ll be like winning the lottery.

Thanks! Pretty stoked! I've been aching to join the Tesla family for years and finally went for it.

Honestly, I'm having a little bit of charging anxiety - just a learning curve though LOL!
This was my first electric car and I don't have dedicated charging at home. You'll be just fine. There's more than enough charging stations all over the PNW. Supercharging is so fast it's unbelievable, and most superchargers have availability any time of day.

My biggest problem is not realizing that having like 50-60% of battery is entirely fine and that I don't need to charge the car every time I drive. Hopefully that gets easier with time.

From what several people on here have said, you can get the FSD removed before delivery.
I was able to easily remove FSD from a demo car I bought in June. There was a button to remove it on the page where the vin shows up. BUT I've been told (in this thread) that you can't remove it from a used car. The demos are considered new.

Why can’t you take delivery of the vehicle?

Yes, you absolutely are allowed to let someone else have it instead of you. That’s called rejecting a delivery and you just explain your situation to your DS. They will work with you. Stalling delivery, on the other hand, oh they really don’t like that. The rule is pick up within three days. Some DS will let you delay by a another couple days if they deem you really have a valid reason; otherwise it’s just a rejected delivery and they give your VIN to someone else.
I cannot take it because I dont need one now till the end of the year/ early next year. Delta variant has pushed it back.... I ordered in May and dont know if they will delay it till then. Should I call again? I have already moved it twice ( once without the vin assigned) and once after the vin was assigned

@imbluedabadee Welcome! Probably depends on what you ordered. If Long Range, no, don’t trust the EDD. That way you won’t be disappointed if you’re still waiting for your car to make the end of Q4 west coast rush. And if you do make it in for the Q3 rush, it’ll be like winning the lottery.
That makes sense regarding the EDD being unreliable. I was already mentally prepared for late November-December so anything sooner would definitely be a nice bonus.

Reactions: Quiet Coyote
That makes sense regarding the EDD being unreliable. I was already mentally prepared for late November-December so anything sooner would definitely be a nice bonus.
When I put my deposit down at the end of May (order date ended up being 6/7 because it took me a minute to complete my profile), the SA at the U Village Tesla store told me I wouldn’t have my car until September. My initial EDDs were in July, then August, and now My current EDD is 9/5-9/25. My fingers are crossed for you though! But yeah, best not to go all in on the EDD.

Reactions: TheRock23
When I put my deposit down at the end of May (order date ended up being 6/7 because it took me a minute to complete my profile), the SA at the U Village Tesla store told me I wouldn’t have my car until September. My initial EDDs were in July, then August, and now My current EDD is 9/5-9/25. My fingers are crossed for you though! But yeah, best not to go all in on the EDD.
Gotcha, that's quite the long journey with the EDDs there just to end up with the estimated date told at the start of the process. Now that you mention it, I do remember the SA at the U Vill store telling me November-ish when I went to test drive an MYLR right before ordering so that'll probably end up being it.

Out of curiosity though (there's probably no connection at all), did your EDDs jump back and forth, or were they always getting pushed further out?

Returning here to say hi to you all. Keep your chins up.

I Ordered totally stock MY LR. Pearl White, Black, Gemini 19s, 5 seat, no fsd or hitch.

5-16 order and 8-21 delivery in NJ for

Folks don’t freak out. Realize it’s the upper end of the range. In the interim you’ll probably get something you didn’t order and be glad for the wait. For me, bio defense mode.

She is crafted much better than my previous late 2018 M3.

Enjoy the ride!

Gotcha, that's quite the long journey with the EDDs there just to end up with the estimated date told at the start of the process. Now that you mention it, I do remember the SA at the U Vill store telling me November-ish when I went to test drive an MYLR right before ordering so that'll probably end up being it.

Out of curiosity though (there's probably no connection at all), did your EDDs jump back and forth, or were they always getting pushed further out?
For the most part, they’ve shifted out. There was one Sunday when a ton of people shifted out to October, then a few days later shifted back to their earlier August / September EDDs. Certainly there are going to be a lot of YLRs heading north in September, so you never know. :)

Reactions: imbluedabadee
Thanks! Pretty stoked! I've been aching to join the Tesla family for years and finally went for it.

Honestly, I'm having a little bit of charging anxiety - just a learning curve though LOL!
That goes away pretty quick after you get one. You'll get it figured out and never worry about it again! Leaving every morning with the charge you need for the day makes almost all of that go away, and knowing there are Superchargers all over the country make road trips a breeze!